“Great Location, Nice Accomodations, Friendly & Polite Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
wausau
“Great Location, Nice Accomodations, Friendly & Polite Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We read the reviews here about potential noise issues, our reservations were for Sunday (October 27th, 2013) and there was no noise at all. Our receptionist (Eva) was very kind and courteous and made us feel immediately welcome. Late at night, when we returned to the hotel there was ice water with lemon available in the lobby. That was a nice refreshment!

We stayed in a room with a single king bed and a view of the river. Everything was neat and clean.

The bed was real comfortable!!! We had a drink at the bar and our bartender was pleasant.

I like the more modern feel to the hotel. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: 4009 has a nice view of the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Angel H,

Thank you for takig the time to let us know about your experience here in Milwaukee with us. OUr staff will appreciate the kind words as we will be sure to share this with them. We hope that you have another opportunity to stay with the Aloft brand, whether it be back here in Milwaukee or another one of our great locations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Enjoyed a two night stay at Aloft. The room was spacious with a huge TV on the wall and a nice bathroom. Also had a safe and hairdryer. The staff were friendly, particularly the valet guys. Nice location for my purposes and a short walk to the downtown area with pubs, restaurants, etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear badgergirl24,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Miwlaukee and that the staff took care of you. It is always nice to hear! Happy that the location was perfrect for your 2 night visit and hope to be able to take care of you again the next time you are in town!
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I was just there mid week for business. Arrived after red-eye flight and reception was excellent. No rooms clean yet but made me feel welcome and accommodated my needs. Easy walking distance to all downtown locations for my business needs.
Rooms different floor plan and excellent. There isn't a restaurant on site but morning food of fruit, juices, and coffee was perfect. The small bar at night seemed to have a good selection of wine and other.
Walked to the Third Ward for the Market and other restaurants. Had other occasions to request service from front desk and they were always prompt and knowledgable.
Check out was easy, quick, and accurate. Also, used a taxi a couple of times and the front desk called and taxi there both times within 5 minutes. I enjoyed this property. Small enough to get great service.

• Stayed October 2013
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Deare John M,

We appreciate having the opportunity to take care of you on this visit to town. Thank you for letting us know about your experience here in Milwaukee with us and we hope to have you back again when your travels bring you to our city. We are pleased to hear that the staff was a positive experience for you and we will make sure to share your opinions with them!
WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night with a wedding group. It was walking distance from the church and many other places. Unfortunately, it is loud inside and out. The street outside is VERY busy at night with the drunks and the inside is loud with people running around and doors slamming. If you are into the hip and trendy / youthful places, this is the place for you. But unfortunately hip and youthful (and the expensive decorating) doesn't create an atmosphere of "peace and quiet." They do have free coffee.

Room Tip: Keep looking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Sorry to hear about your experience with us in regards to the noise levels. Outside noise is a little hard to control being downtown, but we can and should do everything possible inside. While we hope that common human courtesy translates to all of our guests, we need to be doing everything in our power to make sure we can provide a fun, but yet peaceful environment for all of our guests. We are sorry we failed to do that for you on this visit but we do appreciate the feedback so that we can learn and make adjustments where needed.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Aloft for 1 night and if you have already stayed at an Aloft you know what you are getting. Funky rooms, cool lighting and a bar in the lobby.

Check in
No problems and I was off to the room in a few minutes.

Room
Same as all other Aloft hotels. Nice large flatscreen with hookups for RCA, Component and HDMI cables.

Bathroom
Again the same as all other Aloft's. I guess odd if you have never see it before but I really don't see it as any problem. If you need you privacy and need to close a bathroom door you should look elsewhere.

Front Desk
This was a bit of a fail. I asked the front desk clerk at night a few questions about the area and airport and I found out after that he got most of them incorrect. And believe me it wasn't any off the wall questions like "where can I get watermelon flavor bubbleyum within a half block?" A few I remember were how long it took to get to the airport and he was way off. I was leaving at 5am so traffic wasn't a factor. Also the cost and he thought around $20. It cost $35.

Parking
I didn't have a car but there was valet parking.

Internet
I didn't use it a lot but it was no problem to connect, free and decent speed.

Area
Looked like a really good area if you want night life. There was a bunch of bars.

Overall it was fine. I'd stay again and the manager needs to work with the front desk employees on common questions of travelers. I'm an SPG traveler so I'd stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear ktscott01,

Thank you for being an SPG member and allowing us an opportunity to take care of you while you were here in Milwaukee. We appreciate the feedback you provided and are somewhat stunned at the feedback regarding the front desk talent member. We apologize that they were not helpful and that is something we will absolutely go back and look at in order to correct. Without this type of feedback, we cannot help our team grow and get better!
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The location was perfect for what we needed - we were going out for my birthday & wanted to be close to local establishments to have dinner and some adult beverages. The restaurant we wanted to go to and a variety of great bars were within walking distance, so it worked out nicely. The hotel itself is nice - the decor is modern, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the lobby bar was fun & had lots of options. The reason I say I wouldn't recommend this place for more than a night or two was because the room was pretty small and had no storage space for clothes. There was no dresser or drawers for clothing, and very minimal "closet" space (maybe 4 hangers' worth). I would not want to live out of a suitcase for more than a night or two. I also must agree with the people who have commented that the noise was excessive. There were several bachelorette parties hanging out in the lobby when we arrived (on a Saturday night), and we definitely heard them all night long, slamming doors, running up & down the halls, screaming, just being generally disruptive. Although I know that the hotel can't control the behavior of its guests, maybe a little more could be done to monitor things like this. We didn't call it in to the front desk or anything, though, so maybe it was partially our own fault. We had drinks at the lobby bar, they were great (and they had a good selection), but we didn't have food there, room service or otherwise. The breakfast set up looked kind of cool, but we were in a hurry and the prices seemed a little crazy, so we skipped it and went to Dunkin Donuts down the street :) I really wish I could do 3.5 stars, but between 3 and 4 I had to go with 3. I'd give the staff a 4, the room itself (size & amenities) a 2, so I guess a 3 is fair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear foursixquebec,

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good time while here in Milwaukee and hope the birthday was fun. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to take care of you while here celebrating. It does help when guests call and let us know about disruptive people, though we would hope that people would be considerate enough. Also, it is something that we can look into with our team to hopefully get more proactive in controlling. We appreciate the feedback and appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a recent visit. The staff is great, but as she said, the hotel is like a combination of youth hostel and dog kennel. Slamming doors, people talking in the hallways at all hours and dogs barking. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Lifebirder,

Thank you for sharing your experience although we are sorry to hear about it, we appreciate you giving us an opportunity to take care of you on your travels to Milwaukee. Our hope is that the staff was responsive to your complaints about nooise, especially the dogs barking. While we cannot control the dogs, we try to have the owners take accountability to keep them monitored. We would like to know if you let us know about the issues so that we could contact those owners whose dogs needed to be settled.

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!