“Euro style, great staff, convenient and fun.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Bakersfield, California
“Euro style, great staff, convenient and fun.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I was just there mid week for business. Arrived after red-eye flight and reception was excellent. No rooms clean yet but made me feel welcome and accommodated my needs. Easy walking distance to all downtown locations for my business needs.
Rooms different floor plan and excellent. There isn't a restaurant on site but morning food of fruit, juices, and coffee was perfect. The small bar at night seemed to have a good selection of wine and other.
Walked to the Third Ward for the Market and other restaurants. Had other occasions to request service from front desk and they were always prompt and knowledgable.
Check out was easy, quick, and accurate. Also, used a taxi a couple of times and the front desk called and taxi there both times within 5 minutes. I enjoyed this property. Small enough to get great service.

• Stayed October 2013
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Deare John M,

We appreciate having the opportunity to take care of you on this visit to town. Thank you for letting us know about your experience here in Milwaukee with us and we hope to have you back again when your travels bring you to our city. We are pleased to hear that the staff was a positive experience for you and we will make sure to share your opinions with them!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night with a wedding group. It was walking distance from the church and many other places. Unfortunately, it is loud inside and out. The street outside is VERY busy at night with the drunks and the inside is loud with people running around and doors slamming. If you are into the hip and trendy / youthful places, this is the place for you. But unfortunately hip and youthful (and the expensive decorating) doesn't create an atmosphere of "peace and quiet." They do have free coffee.

Room Tip: Keep looking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Sorry to hear about your experience with us in regards to the noise levels. Outside noise is a little hard to control being downtown, but we can and should do everything possible inside. While we hope that common human courtesy translates to all of our guests, we need to be doing everything in our power to make sure we can provide a fun, but yet peaceful environment for all of our guests. We are sorry we failed to do that for you on this visit but we do appreciate the feedback so that we can learn and make adjustments where needed.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Aloft for 1 night and if you have already stayed at an Aloft you know what you are getting. Funky rooms, cool lighting and a bar in the lobby.

Check in
No problems and I was off to the room in a few minutes.

Room
Same as all other Aloft hotels. Nice large flatscreen with hookups for RCA, Component and HDMI cables.

Bathroom
Again the same as all other Aloft's. I guess odd if you have never see it before but I really don't see it as any problem. If you need you privacy and need to close a bathroom door you should look elsewhere.

Front Desk
This was a bit of a fail. I asked the front desk clerk at night a few questions about the area and airport and I found out after that he got most of them incorrect. And believe me it wasn't any off the wall questions like "where can I get watermelon flavor bubbleyum within a half block?" A few I remember were how long it took to get to the airport and he was way off. I was leaving at 5am so traffic wasn't a factor. Also the cost and he thought around $20. It cost $35.

Parking
I didn't have a car but there was valet parking.

Internet
I didn't use it a lot but it was no problem to connect, free and decent speed.

Area
Looked like a really good area if you want night life. There was a bunch of bars.

Overall it was fine. I'd stay again and the manager needs to work with the front desk employees on common questions of travelers. I'm an SPG traveler so I'd stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear ktscott01,

Thank you for being an SPG member and allowing us an opportunity to take care of you while you were here in Milwaukee. We appreciate the feedback you provided and are somewhat stunned at the feedback regarding the front desk talent member. We apologize that they were not helpful and that is something we will absolutely go back and look at in order to correct. Without this type of feedback, we cannot help our team grow and get better!
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The location was perfect for what we needed - we were going out for my birthday & wanted to be close to local establishments to have dinner and some adult beverages. The restaurant we wanted to go to and a variety of great bars were within walking distance, so it worked out nicely. The hotel itself is nice - the decor is modern, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the lobby bar was fun & had lots of options. The reason I say I wouldn't recommend this place for more than a night or two was because the room was pretty small and had no storage space for clothes. There was no dresser or drawers for clothing, and very minimal "closet" space (maybe 4 hangers' worth). I would not want to live out of a suitcase for more than a night or two. I also must agree with the people who have commented that the noise was excessive. There were several bachelorette parties hanging out in the lobby when we arrived (on a Saturday night), and we definitely heard them all night long, slamming doors, running up & down the halls, screaming, just being generally disruptive. Although I know that the hotel can't control the behavior of its guests, maybe a little more could be done to monitor things like this. We didn't call it in to the front desk or anything, though, so maybe it was partially our own fault. We had drinks at the lobby bar, they were great (and they had a good selection), but we didn't have food there, room service or otherwise. The breakfast set up looked kind of cool, but we were in a hurry and the prices seemed a little crazy, so we skipped it and went to Dunkin Donuts down the street :) I really wish I could do 3.5 stars, but between 3 and 4 I had to go with 3. I'd give the staff a 4, the room itself (size & amenities) a 2, so I guess a 3 is fair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear foursixquebec,

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good time while here in Milwaukee and hope the birthday was fun. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to take care of you while here celebrating. It does help when guests call and let us know about disruptive people, though we would hope that people would be considerate enough. Also, it is something that we can look into with our team to hopefully get more proactive in controlling. We appreciate the feedback and appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a recent visit. The staff is great, but as she said, the hotel is like a combination of youth hostel and dog kennel. Slamming doors, people talking in the hallways at all hours and dogs barking. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Lifebirder,

Thank you for sharing your experience although we are sorry to hear about it, we appreciate you giving us an opportunity to take care of you on your travels to Milwaukee. Our hope is that the staff was responsive to your complaints about nooise, especially the dogs barking. While we cannot control the dogs, we try to have the owners take accountability to keep them monitored. We would like to know if you let us know about the issues so that we could contact those owners whose dogs needed to be settled.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Aloft Hotel, Starwood's modern property located ajacent to the rejuvenated Riverwalk in MIlwaukee's Old World Third Street area is a cool business hotel during the week but sometimes becomes a noisy free-for-all to the unsuspecting beginning Friday evenings. This well appointed, yet simple and modern property has all the European lines and looks in its rooms, halls, meeting spaces, and public areas. There is an outside courtyard with fireplace for lounging, a bar and a well-equipped fitness area.

Since the property was designed for the young business traveler the F&B also is designed for this age group as well. There is a limited breakfast menu made to order but a nice selection of fruits, cereals, and bakery items. For other times of the day there is a grab& go area of foods and supplies for purchase. There is also Pizza and meal delivery available from a well known Italian restaurant nearby - a partnership the hotel has arranged for guests interested in more sustantial room service meals.

The room was large and had all the amenities on needs. The bath area was very nice - step-in rain-style shower and large sink and mirror area. We had a nice work desk with WIFI, a nice size TV, a great view of the city at sunset (or ask for a view of the riverwalk side and get sunrise), and good blackout roman shades. I would have liked better pillows, but my spouse was happy with his pillow (I just had an achy neck all day). The temperature was perfect.

We walked down to the restaurants on Old World Third Street - just a block away - for beer and brats and then strolled the Riverwalk. As we were in town for business the evening at the Aloft was a great beginning to a busy week. We enjoyed the bar and meeting the other guests at the hotel. Staff was friendly and very helpful with suggestions for restaurants and directions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Nancy C,

Appreciate the feedback from your visit. Always nice to hear what we did right to make your stay and experience with us a positive one. We hope that you have the opportunity to come back and see us again in the future!
Simsbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Milwaukee loft is OK but the front desk is exceptional. Johnie moved my room to a spectacular view when I asked (even though he was very busy), was informative about the neighborhood (the hotel's best feature) and always quite friendly.

Room Tip: Even though the website states that rooms have city or river views, most do not so check ahead.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Traveler2711,

thank you for taking time out to let us know about your experienece, especially the positive interactions that you had with Johnie! We are lucky to have a team like him that understands what the term "service" really means and we will be sure to pass your compliments along to him. Hope you have an opportunity to come back and see us again in the future.

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!