The Aloft Hotel, Starwood's modern property located ajacent to the rejuvenated Riverwalk in MIlwaukee's Old World Third Street area is a cool business hotel during the week but sometimes becomes a noisy free-for-all to the unsuspecting beginning Friday evenings. This well appointed, yet simple and modern property has all the European lines and looks in its rooms, halls, meeting spaces, and public areas. There is an outside courtyard with fireplace for lounging, a bar and a well-equipped fitness area.
Since the property was designed for the young business traveler the F&B also is designed for this age group as well. There is a limited breakfast menu made to order but a nice selection of fruits, cereals, and bakery items. For other times of the day there is a grab& go area of foods and supplies for purchase. There is also Pizza and meal delivery available from a well known Italian restaurant nearby - a partnership the hotel has arranged for guests interested in more sustantial room service meals.
The room was large and had all the amenities on needs. The bath area was very nice - step-in rain-style shower and large sink and mirror area. We had a nice work desk with WIFI, a nice size TV, a great view of the city at sunset (or ask for a view of the riverwalk side and get sunrise), and good blackout roman shades. I would have liked better pillows, but my spouse was happy with his pillow (I just had an achy neck all day). The temperature was perfect.
We walked down to the restaurants on Old World Third Street - just a block away - for beer and brats and then strolled the Riverwalk. As we were in town for business the evening at the Aloft was a great beginning to a busy week. We enjoyed the bar and meeting the other guests at the hotel. Staff was friendly and very helpful with suggestions for restaurants and directions.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Milwaukee Downtown Hotel Milwaukee
- Aloft Milwaukee Downtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Milwaukee Downtown is a modern boutique-style hotel near the business district, Bradley Center arena, Milwaukee River, Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, and is 15 minutes from MKE Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Aloft Milwaukee Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.