“aloft team is great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Stuttgart
“aloft team is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the aloft hotel and had a great time there…. I would like to use this chance to praise the great job Vicky and Jonnie are doing at the front desk- I travel a lot but these two have been above my expectations: very attentive, quick, friendly and always supportive with no matter what request I had. Even the nasty, formal invoice statement requirements from my German company were fulfilled at once. I like the concept to award talented team members, this is why I gladly agreed to share my experience on tripdavisor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. So glad you took the opportunity to recognize Vicky and Johnnie! We will make sure to recognize them for providing you with a great experience. Hope to have you back again!

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Dearborn, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This contemporary hotel has well designed rooms for the space and is in a good location to walk to many bars, restaurants and local attractions. We stayed for two nights and the room was very clean and well serviced. The bed was also quite comfortable. Our room faced the courtyard, however, and there was a party going on until almost 4am creating enough noise to wake us up--on the 4th floor-that the front desk did little to address, despite three phone calls starting at 3 am asking them to do so. Also, the room design is very compact and there is a sliding door, that doesn't fully seal, for bathroom privacy. I was traveling with a friend and it was a bit awkward when either of us had to use the bathroom since the sounds were heard very clearly throughout the room. We will return to Milwaukee, which is well worth checking out, but will look elsewhere for our lodging.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
THnak you for letting us know about your experience here in Milwaukee. We are sorry that others on your floor ruined your experience with us due to noise. More importantly, we apologize for not better addressing the situation and helping to solve the issue for you. Certainly, we will address wit hthe team and hope to learn and improve from this.
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We won the hotel stay in a silent auction and finally picked a date to go. The rooms are modern with their decorations and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful with giving ideas were to go for dinner. Location was perfect for leaving the car and walking the river walk to get to a festival down town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Glad you were able to visit Milwaukee and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience here at the Aloft. Hope you had a great time while you were here in Milwaukee and hope to have you back again soon.
Warren, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was quite satisfied with my stay at the Aloft in downtown Milwaukee. This was my first Aloft experience but will not be my last.

The valet guys were friendly and personable and had me on my way quickly. The front desk agent was friendly and professional as well and had me on my way quickly without feeling rushed.

The public areas were all very clean and tastefully done.

The hallways were clean, inviting, and in great shape.

The room was for the most part very nice. The dressing area wasn't large but did have good lighting and a large mirror. The toilet area was again a bit cramped but was fine. The shower area wasn't my favorite part of my Aloft experience. Water pressure was a bit stingy and I really didn't care for the scent of the shampoo or body wash.

In the main room area the bed was super comfortable and the flat screen tv was high quality and received actual HD programming. I will say that the carpeting in the room did have a few stains on it which was a somewhat unexpected "eww" factor.

The free high speed internet access was just that, fast and free.

Overall I can highly recommend this fine hotel for those of us that enjoy trendy loft-style accommodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience, sounds like you enjoyed your visit here in Milwaukee. Glad we had the opportunity to take care of you on your visit to town. Hope to have you back again soon!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel vibe is very cool but it felt like they decided to be inexpensive on their choices of room decor etc. I felt a little bit like I was in an Ikea room which is great in some senses but not at the price that they charge per night. They also may be understaffed as I experienced the longest lines at the check-in counter of any hotel I have stayed in and this happened frequently. Overall the hotel staff was very nice and of great help with questions or issues. The stay was fine but I was just disappointed especially for the price point.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us here in Milwaukee. We always love to hear form our guests. We will definately look at the wait that you had and see if "adjustments" can be madde to decrease wait times. We are glad that you enjoyed the city, hotel and staff (despite the wait). We hope to have you back again in the future!
Lombard, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice newer property. Staff great. Room amenities great as well. Room had a hookup for electronic devices to connect to TV. Didn't use it but great idea. very trendy/chic design. Location good. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us here in Milwaukee. We appreciate the feedback and are extremely happy you had a great time. Hopefully the weather was nice while you were here and you enjoyed the city as well! Come back and see us again in the future.
Harrison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a very trendy, upscale hotel in just the right location. Very modern with a great ambiance. The bar area is especially attractive. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and the bed linens were very clean and fresh. Definitely a repeat destination.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Milwaukee. We appreciate having you with us and hope you had a great time in town. Hope to have you back again in the future!

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!