“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Warren, MI
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was quite satisfied with my stay at the Aloft in downtown Milwaukee. This was my first Aloft experience but will not be my last.

The valet guys were friendly and personable and had me on my way quickly. The front desk agent was friendly and professional as well and had me on my way quickly without feeling rushed.

The public areas were all very clean and tastefully done.

The hallways were clean, inviting, and in great shape.

The room was for the most part very nice. The dressing area wasn't large but did have good lighting and a large mirror. The toilet area was again a bit cramped but was fine. The shower area wasn't my favorite part of my Aloft experience. Water pressure was a bit stingy and I really didn't care for the scent of the shampoo or body wash.

In the main room area the bed was super comfortable and the flat screen tv was high quality and received actual HD programming. I will say that the carpeting in the room did have a few stains on it which was a somewhat unexpected "eww" factor.

The free high speed internet access was just that, fast and free.

Overall I can highly recommend this fine hotel for those of us that enjoy trendy loft-style accommodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience, sounds like you enjoyed your visit here in Milwaukee. Glad we had the opportunity to take care of you on your visit to town. Hope to have you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel vibe is very cool but it felt like they decided to be inexpensive on their choices of room decor etc. I felt a little bit like I was in an Ikea room which is great in some senses but not at the price that they charge per night. They also may be understaffed as I experienced the longest lines at the check-in counter of any hotel I have stayed in and this happened frequently. Overall the hotel staff was very nice and of great help with questions or issues. The stay was fine but I was just disappointed especially for the price point.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us here in Milwaukee. We always love to hear form our guests. We will definately look at the wait that you had and see if "adjustments" can be madde to decrease wait times. We are glad that you enjoyed the city, hotel and staff (despite the wait). We hope to have you back again in the future!
Lombard, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice newer property. Staff great. Room amenities great as well. Room had a hookup for electronic devices to connect to TV. Didn't use it but great idea. very trendy/chic design. Location good. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us here in Milwaukee. We appreciate the feedback and are extremely happy you had a great time. Hopefully the weather was nice while you were here and you enjoyed the city as well! Come back and see us again in the future.
Harrison, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a very trendy, upscale hotel in just the right location. Very modern with a great ambiance. The bar area is especially attractive. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and the bed linens were very clean and fresh. Definitely a repeat destination.

• Stayed June 2013
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Milwaukee. We appreciate having you with us and hope you had a great time in town. Hope to have you back again in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My company is headquartered in Milwaukee so I have stayed here many times. Very good hotel and service is also good. Gym is small but adequate. Rooms are clean but small. Remind me of a New York City set up.

Tis is one of my Milwaukee go to places.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experiences with us. We appreciate feedback and truly do appreciate it when those that stay with us often have an opoprtunity to let us know what they think. We hope to be able to take care of you as much as possible when you have to come up for work!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

No room service.....order breakfast through a little window in the lobby. Food was pricey and not very good.
Had problems with our room door locking so we had to contact front desk. Lights above the bed were not working. There was no hot tub in the pool area. Overall, our stay was ok but I cannot believe people pay 500+ to stay there. Not worth the cost at all. We paid 249 since we prepaid and I still think that was too much. You basically pay for decor and trendiness. Not worth it.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are sorry that you did not recieve services you normally expect. It seems as if we are just not the right hotel during your travels as we lack the things you look for. We appreciate the opportunity to have you with us and hope that you find a better fit the next time you are in Milwaukee.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Milwaukee Aloft four separate times and have always had a great experience: great front desk staff, fun lobby, modern guest rooms and 24 hour pool/workout facilities. In addition, the hotel is an excellent location, with all of downtown Milwaukee accessible by walking or short cab ride. The only negative is the valet staff. They use high-pressure tactics to get you to use their valet, while hiding the fact that it's $27/night. Honestly, I'm from Chicago, so the $27 price doesn't phase me, but the fact that they just park my car in an unsecured, crappy gravel lot across the street bothers me. If you stay there, do yourself a favor and either self-park for $16/night (in the exact same lot as valet) or park 1 block away (Juneau & 4th) in the Milwaukee public parking garage for $9/night.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and fairly quiet, but rooms in the back are a bit quieter and have a view o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to take care of you on this visit to Milwaukee. We are sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with valet. Not that it makes a huge difference, but the lot we use for valet parking is leased from the City and there are strong guidelinies and regulations that must be followed for us to use the lot. Unfortuantely, if we do not follow them then we cannot use the lot and one of those rules is that it must be a valet only lot.

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!