“Decent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Decent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My company is headquartered in Milwaukee so I have stayed here many times. Very good hotel and service is also good. Gym is small but adequate. Rooms are clean but small. Remind me of a New York City set up.

Tis is one of my Milwaukee go to places.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experiences with us. We appreciate feedback and truly do appreciate it when those that stay with us often have an opoprtunity to let us know what they think. We hope to be able to take care of you as much as possible when you have to come up for work!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

No room service.....order breakfast through a little window in the lobby. Food was pricey and not very good.
Had problems with our room door locking so we had to contact front desk. Lights above the bed were not working. There was no hot tub in the pool area. Overall, our stay was ok but I cannot believe people pay 500+ to stay there. Not worth the cost at all. We paid 249 since we prepaid and I still think that was too much. You basically pay for decor and trendiness. Not worth it.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are sorry that you did not recieve services you normally expect. It seems as if we are just not the right hotel during your travels as we lack the things you look for. We appreciate the opportunity to have you with us and hope that you find a better fit the next time you are in Milwaukee.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Milwaukee Aloft four separate times and have always had a great experience: great front desk staff, fun lobby, modern guest rooms and 24 hour pool/workout facilities. In addition, the hotel is an excellent location, with all of downtown Milwaukee accessible by walking or short cab ride. The only negative is the valet staff. They use high-pressure tactics to get you to use their valet, while hiding the fact that it's $27/night. Honestly, I'm from Chicago, so the $27 price doesn't phase me, but the fact that they just park my car in an unsecured, crappy gravel lot across the street bothers me. If you stay there, do yourself a favor and either self-park for $16/night (in the exact same lot as valet) or park 1 block away (Juneau & 4th) in the Milwaukee public parking garage for $9/night.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and fairly quiet, but rooms in the back are a bit quieter and have a view o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to take care of you on this visit to Milwaukee. We are sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with valet. Not that it makes a huge difference, but the lot we use for valet parking is leased from the City and there are strong guidelinies and regulations that must be followed for us to use the lot. Unfortuantely, if we do not follow them then we cannot use the lot and one of those rules is that it must be a valet only lot.
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Slept with a family for one night; for intending to visit Harley Davidson Muzeum nearby.. Very amazing room ;, could hardly believed that the management could provided high-class standard ;every things are there for the travellers. Even a magazine and extra pillows ; one person got two pillow,TV were superb so many channels .Everything from the bed seems so comfortable and so delighted . Good eye view location at the main road. Highly recommended . A driver would drive to park your vehicle at the parking lot. No hassle. Good services and handle professionally' Kudos to the staffs and management a job well done Wonderful hotel I must say.. Traveller's if you want for the best money can buy.;; these with be the only one especially at Milwaukee Dwntown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ryanmiy, Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you for the kind words. We will be happy toshare these with the team to congratulate them on a job well done! Hope you enjoyed your visit to the city as well and if you are ever back in town, we hope that we can take care of you again!
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel is in a great location. Staff is quite friendly and is accommodating. Hotel is in walking distance to civic center, downtown, some shopping, numerous watering holes and restaurants. There is a small case of food in the lobby but no food to really speak of. There is a decent bar in the lobby and a good work out room. But room was dirty and walls thin. Music blasts from neighborhood bars until well after 2am.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Sorry to hear that it was not a great experience due to the room and construction. We appreciate the feedback (both good and bad) and we will continue to address issues that we can control with the team to provide a better experience.
Marquette
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were there to attend my niece's wedding with several other family members. Our party had 3 rooms reserved, but on arrival, I was told we had 4 rooms. That misconception was resolved quickly but upon entering our room I noticed an odor that I thought was from someone smoking, but since it is a smoke free hotel, I dismissed it and unpacked.
When my daughter came to my room she said it smelled like a smoking room. We told the front desk about it and they offered to give us another room, but since I was all settled in and wouldn't be spending much time in the room, I declined and they said they would bring in a machine to clear the air, but that never happened.
The staff was very nice from front desk, valet Parker's and maids. Breakfast items were pretty costly.I think $6.00 for a yogurt parfait is a bit steep, or $3.00 for a box of cereal. There is not a restaurant on site, but plenty of restaurants within
walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We hope that you and the family had a nice visit and hope the wedding was great. You are absolutely right that we a re 100% non-smoking and it is unfortunate that sometimes guests do not follow the rules. However, we should have fixed the problem for you and the lack of follow up is not something that is acceptable to us. We are very sorry for that and will make sure to address it with the team. We appreciate you letting us know so that we can learn from this and grow to provide better service in the future!
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Over the last couple years, I have stayed at the downtown Aloft many times. I travel nearly every week of the year to Milwaukee and the Aloft is always my first choice. The front desk service is top notch and they always greets with a smile... even with a first name greeting as I told them never to call me "Mr.". The excellent service goes beyond the front desk and even up to the supervisor level as they are extremely helpful with special requests.
All in all, the location is excellent as well as the service.

The only downsides are the beds leave something to be desired and the high rate for parking. The parking seems standard across all hotels so I consider this a 'wash' but in my opinion the beds bring an Excellent rating to Very Good rating. Even with that said, I continue to stay here each week as the service outweighs all, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter, avoid handicap rooms if possible as the showers are smaller
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thanks for letting us know about your experiences here with us. We thank you for staying with us each and every week and we apprecaite you allowing us to be your "home away from home".

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!