“Convenient, Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Ann Arbor
“Convenient, Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nice hotel. They get you in and out quickly. Rooms are updated, trendy, and comfortable. Bathrooms are kind of cool. Not your typical stodgy hotel room. iPhone can be used to control the TV, and the alarm clock wakes you with light -- not sound. Lobby is cool with a bar and a pool table. Only complaint is the office-sized mini fridge is loud, but I unplugged it.

Room Tip: One recommendation -- unless you need daily room cleaning, you can decline it for a food credit or S...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca G, Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Aloft in Milwaukee. We hope to see you again in the near future.

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

this was my first time in a lot of hotel. I really enjoyed the room great layout nice accoutrements and very good service help out. Because of that I would have given the restaurant a 5, but the lack of a restaurant, and even though they do serve some kind of food and snacks, there is really no comfortable place to sit and eat.

• Stayed March 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and our staff. I am sorry about the lack of restarurant. We do have many great food options, but no table service. There is also a lot of restaurant in walking distance. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in Milwaukee, and this is my first at the Aloft. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the amenities are perfectly fine when you consider that this is not a full-scale hotel complete with a kitchen etc. However...

...my beef is with the noise situation. My first room was on the 2nd floor, right on Juneau Avenue. The building is literally right against the traffic, and it's as if a freeway is just outside your window. Upon walking into the room, I quickly realized that this was not going to be conducive to a good night's sleep, so I asked for another room. The front desk staff was helpful, but they did say that 'all of the desirable rooms' are often booked up and occupied by Monday evening. I guess that checking in on Tuesday means you're out of luck...

We did finally find a room on the 4th floor, but on the same 'freeway' side. I was hopeful that 2 stories would do it, but unfortunately it ended up being the same story. If you are a light sleeper, be prepared to listen to cars revving at the red light, then flooring it across your window all night long.

At that point I was over the room changes so I decided to accept my fate... Well, it was a really bad night's sleep, and I was exhausted by morning. So I blearily asked the front desk staff for a second room change. They were very accommodating, and I came back in the evening to a new room, across the hall from the indy-500 room, a room that faces the inner courtyard. Yay!

I was very hopeful until I realized that my new rooms was right next to the electric room. And guess what: all evening, every 30 seconds or so, I could hear the revving of the elevators going up and down. Nothing worse that the unpredictable whine of elevator machinery...

At that point I gave up on a good night's sleep, and on the aloft hotel in Milwaukee. I can't recommend it for anyone that is in need of a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If you need to stay here, make sure to insist on a very quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Aloft in Downtown Milwaukee. I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a good night sleep during your stay. Thank you for brining this to our attention, we will work with our team on correcting these issues. We hope to see you the next time you are in Milwaukee
Stillman Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you know the movie, "Son In Law", think of Pauly Shore's character "Crawl" and then think of the old guys he calls "Bartles and James." As much as the old guys would be underwhelmed with Aloft, anybody under 60 would call this place trendy, hip, and fun. Yet, even those who stick to traditional would have to admit that this is a super clean stay with an incredibly professional and helpful staff. The TV in the room the best I've ever seen, the shower was tall enough that at 6'3 I didn't have to bend down to enjoy the warm water. We ha a view of the river and the old world district (great), and every 10 minutes I found myself wandering over to the window again. The bed was extremely comfortable, there is a small pool, and an exercise room with actual dumbells. In the lobby there is a pool table, bar, sitting area, and outside area by the riverwalk. This was the most memorable stay we've enjoyed in years. WELL DONE STAFF, WELL DONE!

Room Tip: Get a room with water view if you can, and if you are going dowtown the cabs will be at your door in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rebecca G, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your visit to town as we understand that there are many choices for lodging in downtown. We are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. Our staff appreciates knowing when they go above expectations and strive to do this with every guest.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

First time I stayed at an Aloft. Very pleased with the room. Staff went out of their way to make the stay comfortable. Valet even helped us save money on parking. Location right near downtown and numerous restaurants. There is a bit of road noise, but no more than any other urban hotel. I would definitely book there again.

Room Tip: book online for best deals. Ask for river side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Milwaukee and we are glad that your first Aloft experience was enjoyable. It is always good to hear when our staff does a good job helping our guests out as that is why we are here! Hope to see you again in the future!
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Aloft chain is contained within the larger portfolio of hotel properties that is Starwood. As such, it is essentially a "variation on the theme" of the Westin Hotel.

The Aloft Milwaukee Downtown does not disappoint. Conveniently located near the major "new" hotspots of the city. Offering a broad range of amenities (like: valet parking, health facility, internet access for free, etc.) and sourcing superb service. The Aloft Milwaukee hotel is fantastic.

A word of caution - if you are a poor (or light) sleeper - ask to be placed in a room that opens to the central courtyard. Otherwise, the ambient noise can be a little distracting. I was in a room on the 5th floor (north side of the hotel) that looked out over a river. The room was sandwiched between two bridges - and one of the bridges had steel grates. This meant that I was privileged to hear the "humming" of car tires all night (I turned the fan in my room to high and drowned out the noise).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with us. Glad you enjoyed your visit while with us here in Milwaukee! Hopefully, you are an SPG member and are able to take advantage of the benefits of the points when you travel. Come back and see us again the next time you are in town, whether on business or just sightseeing,
Belleville, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Service was excellent, valet parking was optional and parking options were clearly explained when we drove in. We walked to safe house for dinner and then to Bradley center for game and back to hotel, so convenient. My 11year old daughter thought the hotel was cool!

Room Tip: City view rooms are noisier, but they offered complimentary sleep kit, but we never asked for it but...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to take care of you on this visit to Downtown for a Bucks game. Hopefully, you nejoyed the game and your time in Milwaukee. We are so happy that you had a great experience with us and hope to have you back again soon!

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!