“Better than a Hampton Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Better than a Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Lower priced hotel option that is really a slightly better Hampton Inn. You could group Fairfield Inn in there as well. Throw in all the "Inn's". Quirky, and I guess, cool touches throughout hotel. A small convenience store in the lobby, low grade Bliss products in the bath, open bathroom, shower, no bath, no chair other than the desk chair. Very functional if nothing else. Foam pillows, which I loathe. Windows that seem designed so that you're looking into someone else's room.

Room Tip: Usually on a busy street so stay on the other side. But,depending on temperature outside, there'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time out to share your experience and thoughts with us. Glad we were able to have you stay with us on your travels. Though we wish we stood out more, your review is accurate in the amenities that we do have. The concept and design are really dependent on what a traveler is looking for when they stay at a hotel. The pilllow situation is weird, because you should have had feather pillows (we carry foam for requests) and we will look into it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel from top to bottom. The staff, location, facilities were all perfect for the business traveler. The rooms were particularly well set-up and very clean. I'll be certain to stay their again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to take care of you on this visit to Milwaukee. We appreciate you taking time out to let us know about your experience and are happy to know that we took care of you on this visit. We hope to have you back again in the future!
various
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed at 3 or 4 different Alofts...they are always consistently nice and clean. And usually, the front desk people are quite nice...but I think since this one is located in Wisconsin, these folks were extra nice...or Wisconsin-nice. Very helpful and sweet.
I liked that I could walk to Marquette (although a bit of a hike) as well as to downtown shopping and restaurants. They also had a shuttle service to get around the local area (not the airport).
I booked on hotwire, so i was extra happy with the price...but i think it is moderately inexpensive.
Milwaukee was way nicer and more interesting than I expected. have fun!

Room Tip: I can't say i was happy with the room location...it was about a mile from the elevator, facing t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are so happy that we were able to be a part of your Milwaukee experience. Milwaukee is one of those cities that goes underappreciated and unnoticed at times. Once you visit though, you can understand what the attraction is. Hopefully, we will haev the opportunity to host you again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I Love this hotel!! This was my first stay at an aloft, andI must say they are AMAZING!!! Great food, lovely front desk staff! Everything was at a low cost. The front desk was extremely helpful, giving us great reccomendations for nearby restauraunts. AJBombers is a MUST. We will definately be returning to this hotel and Milwaukee!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. We are so happy that we were able to take care of you and meet your expectations on this visit to Miwlaukee. We will definitely congratulate our front desk team on the service provided. We hope to have you back again soon!
Chicago IL, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I first stayed at an Aloft in Munich, Germany. I remember thinking at the time that this concept would be perfect in the US, and I was thrilled to see one come up in my search results while planning a recent trip to Milwaukee.

The concept: It's like a cross between a budget, low-frills hotel and a design hotel, with most of them situated in a BRILLIANT location for business and recreational travelers. The price tends to fall in the moderate range in most locations. The lobby and rooms tend toward modern, high-end design. Colors are bright and bold, and because they are new, they tend to be in pretty good shape.

The rooms: Don't expect a big room. Expect a small room that is very thoughtfully designed to seem a lot bigger than it is when you're staying there. Seriously -- they squeeze utility out of every square inch. I wish my house was designed this well.

Room amenities: They had everything I expected, from free WiFi and a nice big TV right down to toiletries from Bliss in NYC (my favorite.) What a nice touch to find their signature "Mini Blue Bar" of soap in the bathroom. They aren't cheap. Instead of providing individual soap and shampoo in the shower, they had dispensers containing Bliss products, so they only have to pay for the 2-3 pumps you actually need. (These seemed to be locked -- I appreciate that. Don't want some jerk putting Nair in the shampoo dispenser, right?)

Two complementary bottles of water! NICE!!! Most places gouge you $3 or $4 each for a $0.25 bottle of spring water.

Hotel amenities: I was surprised to find a decent gym and a small indoor pool. Nice touch. Even better was the lobby, with lots of comfy seating, a happening bar, and a free pool table! They also have a little mini-cafeteria open 24/7 where you can pick up drinks/snacks.

Only complaint: They have free coffee in the mornings, but it was put away and over before 10 a.m.

Room Tip: I appreciated the rooms with a city view vs. courtyard views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us and others, your thoughts and experience with Aloft. I think you did a wonderful job of explaining what and who we are as we try to give the traveler a better experience thru efficient and clean design. Hopefully, we have the opportunity to have you back again in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place was a lot cooler than I thought. My wife, I and two of my cousins stayed here for summerfest/ my birthday. The hotel is very modern and the room was great. It was somewhat small but the way it is laid out works. The bed takes up a big portion of the room and the TV is wall mounted in front of the bed, under the bed was a padded bench and off to the side was a desk. The bathroom is a fair size and the there is a frosted glass window in the shower looking out into the room. The lobby and bar are pretty cool. They stick with the modern style. You can help yourself to water and a couple options of water with fruit in it. There are chips and sandwiches to purchase in the lobby and the bar was pretty nice. The pool is open 24/7 but is pretty chilly. It's downtown and there are local businesses around and its about a 20 minute walk to the summerfest area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Summerfest, always a good time of the year! Hope you had a great birthday while you were here with us. We apprecaite the opportunity to take care of you for such a special trip, hope to have you back again this year if you choose to come back to Milwaukee for your birthday!
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night here for a basketball game. Perfect location to walk to food, drinks, and the Bradley Center. The hotel was very modern and great for meeting new people in the lounge after the game. No garage but they do have valet for a price. I would definetily recommend and stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for letting us host you while you were here for the basketball game. Hope you enjoyed your stay here in Milwaukee. Thank you also for taking the time out to let us know about your experience, can't wait to have you back in the future!

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!