“Modern Boutique Hotel near nightlife” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
wisconsin
“Modern Boutique Hotel near nightlife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for three nights during summerfest. Check in was quick and conveinient. We did use the valet parking(23 a night) which was also a breeze. We had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the courtyard. The hotel which is not that large and has two elevators which were very quick. The layout of the room is unigue with the bed facing the outer wall and the TV attached to the wall with windows on both sides. A small fridge and two water bottles were also provided. I thought the bed was confortable though the wife wished the blinds kept out all the morninig light.

It was very warm while we were staying here so the air conditioning was used all the time. It is a bit noisy so if you dont like noise when you sleep this could be an issue.

The bridge construction outside was only active for one day and they started about 7:40 A.M. This was not an issue for us.

The location is a bit of a walk to summerfest, about 1.5 miles but a bar down the street has a shuttle than runs back and forth. We used it once without an issue.

The bars/restaurants of Old World 3rd St and Water St are just outside the door or across the river. Lake front Brewery is about a mile north.

Nice Modern hotel with great service with a location near many bars/restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Sounds like you and the wife had a good time at Summerfest! Thank you for letting us know about your experiecne with us. We hope that you will come check us out again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Morris, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

The first thing you notice when you enter the hotel is the modern vibe. The lobby has a nice bar and a pool table and is a fun place to hang out in the evening. The rooms are small, but have a clever layout that utilizes all of the space. The cool, modern decor extends to the guest rooms. I especially liked the large flat screen tv There is a small indoor pool and a gym that is adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The one suggestion I do have for the hotel management is to have their laundry use fabric softener on the towels. They were hard and scratchy. The in room coffee pot made great coffee. Free WiFi was much appreciated. I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel. I would return in a heartbeat.

Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking time out to write about your experience with us. Glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we were able to take care of you. We will make the suggestion to the laundry! COme back and see us again soon.
Indianapolis, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Although I only stayed one evening (what I thought was a good deal for a room rate of $99), my bank card was charged multiple times in error after leaving this hotel. My bank account was charged over $500, rather than the bill of around $130 I received during checkout. Multiple room charges continued to be charged to my bank account over a 3 day window. After calling Aloft about the multiple room charges, I was advised it was because Aloft "had to adjust the room rate because I received a discount." How does over $500 in charges justify what was supposed to be a $99 room rate?! I was advised that my account would not be charged again and that my bank account would be credited within 5 days. After reviewing my bank account the next evening, I confirmed 2 additional charges totaling $235 were pending. I had to call my bank to dispute the pending charges. It's been over a week since I contacted Aloft, and the charges have still not been credited back to my account. I am absolutely shocked that this would happen at a W brand hotel, as this is not the type of customer service I would expect from this brand. Staying at this hotel was supposed to be a relaxing experience-- not stress me out and deplete my bank account for the week. Needless to say, I strongly encourage anyone staying here to pay with a credit card rather than a debit card to avoid this type of mess as their front desk staff clearly aren't well-trained.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your experience. You are absolutley correct, not the type of customer service you should expect, no matter where you are and I would like to apologize to you. More importantly want to make sure your issues are corrected. Please reach out to me or the Assistant General Manager if the issues have not yet been resolved. We will get it squared away and you taken care of.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

When I booked this hotel I read a lot of reviews about the bathroom door not closing and it being off putting to some travelers with roommates. I figured it was just that some rooms had broken doors in them and it was a maintence issue. I soon realized though that all the rooms have this sliding bathroom door that, although looks modern & cool, doesn't shut all the way--it leaves about an inch and a half space open. This was fine for me and my husband, but friends of ours who were also staying at the hotel (and who are still dating and trying to make good impressions on eachother still--lol) found it a bit ...public?..for lack of a better word. Overall, it was a cute, trendy, and clean hotel with a good front desk staff. I'd just really caution people about the bathroom door situation. :)

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we appreciate all the feedback and you give great advice for other travelers. We hope you enjoyed your stay here and that you will come back and see us again in the future.
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed at ALOFT in downtown Milwaukee for our anniversary weekend. It was our first trip to WI and was fabulous. We decided to stay at Aloft because of its hip vibe and good prices. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in the door, everyone was incredibly helpful and attentive. We even asked for good placed to eat and were pointed in a great direction! The rooms are nice and roomy and provided everything we needed. We had an issue with our AC in the room and they were happy to provide us with a new room on the same floor--no questions asked! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and will absolutely return should we be in the area! Try out the XYR bar...it was a nice stop before going out for the evening.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Congratulations on your Anniversary and thank you for letting us be a part of that! We apprecaite you letting us know about your time with us here at the hotel, glad we could help you enjoy your special day!
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Really enjoyed this hotel, Skype loaded on lobby computers, hip furnishings in the room and lobby, including pool table. Access to sandwiches and yogurt ki ds of light fare.
Very helpful staff. Goos stay, affordable price.

Room Tip: Make sure you make special requests known.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the opportunity to let us know about your experience with us. Glad you enjoyed your visit with us and you found everything to be really accessible and convenient. Hope to see you back again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the aloft for just one night. It served its purpose, but there were a few things lacking. The air conditioner was really noisy, which wasn't a problem for me as I slept, but I did shut it off early in the morning. I then discovered why the air was so loud--it was covering all of the other noises! The construction going on on the bridge is definitely noisy, even from the street side of the hotel. Parking is $23, which is absurd, and overnight street parking is not impossible, but it is scarce. It was worth what I paid for it--I found the hotel on priceline, and was glad I did--I wouldn't pay full price for the room. It was close to everything though--especially water street.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with noise, ask for a room away from the river. If you like nice views, don'...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. Whether good or bad, we want to know what our guests think about their experience with us. Sorry to hear that the bridge construction was an inconveience during your stay here. We are working with the City as best as possible to make it as unobtrusive as possible until the project finishes.

Been to Aloft Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!