“The shuttle service was such a great benefit. It made...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The parking for the hotel was terrible. Had to circle the lot numerous times and ended up parking in the alley way behind the hotel. Rooms were very tiny. Had to close the bathroom door to get out of the room, and the smell in the hotel was musty. Hot water was cloudy and smelled like city sewer. Front desk people were nice and helpful, but there was exposed electricial wires on the side. Breakfast was alright but not the greatest. Not a lot of variety and no labels on any of the hot food- breakfast sausage was weird and did not state what it was. OJ tasted like sugar water. The nice thing is that there was a shuttle to take us to the Bradley Center. If you want a cheap place to stay this is the one, but don't expect any more. Below average- glad we only stayed one night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed at this Days Inn several times before and always have had a good experience. I usually like it because of location and value. This visit was very disappointing! First of all it was very cold outside, single digits with wind chills, the heat was not even turned on in the room!!! It was freezing. Turned the heater to 89 and it was not getting warm! Went to the front. Requested a different room they suggested bringing a space heater which I never received! Did not have a remote had to go to front desk again and this also seemed to be a difficult request! Needed change was told to get it from the lady at the bar who had not 1 customer the entire evening she was watching tv and texting on her phone, she was rude and after visibly seeing plenty of cash in the drawer (I only needed cash for a $20) stated she could not because she was busy! Had to go back to the front desk and the attendant was nice enough to get me some cash. Paint chipping on ceiling, mysterious black spots on bedding!! Just was not happy with this stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had stayed here with my family and was put in a double queen sized room that was as big as my bedroom. The pictures online are VERY DECEIVING. It was very tight and had very little room to move around. Front desk clerk named Venky was not very pleasant at all with handling guest services. Checked Inn the front with a commotion of another guest being irrate, and seems like he took the anger upon us. He accommodated us to a diff room upon request to upgrade a bigger room. Rm was great, perfect size and accomodated me and my family, but was not gauranteed the room for night two. Durring the night I came to the front to ask vacancy for the room during audit and was advised that can get same room if paid the same rate, So i did, but when the next day came we was kicked out of our big room was put in two small rooms because we were told otherwise by Venky. I was charged the same rate as the big rm for one more nice bc they kicked us out of the big room we paid as much as the big room. RIDICULOUS. I was told the diff would be given back and was not either. I was not pleased with the guest service i recieved from Venky at all. I understand that Yes, he did have a rough night but handling the situation was not professional. courtesy was not there, empathy wasnt even given. I also was authorized on my card for 32.70 that was not informed when I paided cash when I checked inn friday, I better I get that amount back. The day we got kicked out to the two rooms, I was standing in the front lobby when he was checking a guest in at 10am, he talked to the guest for about 10mins. He had people standing in line to check out while he was talking to a guest checking inn. When it was my turn his friendly smiled turned from happy ole'jolly to a BIG STRAIGHT EMOTIONLESS face to me. What also got me saying the hotel employees arent professional is that they had a little boy behind the front desk wondering about. In all places that does not look professional at all what so ever. No family member or anyone besides hotel employees should ever be behind the front desk. They should have made the little boy wait in the lobby or restaruant area per say, because that would look alot better on the hotel and employees. I believe as a guest that is a terrible experience traveling to a big city with little courtesy at presence in a hotel. I work at a hotel also and this is not how a hotel employee should act like despite any commotion or discrepancies that he or she is handling during their shift.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on NYE. Around 3 in the morn, someone pulled a fire alarm. Lots of young adults and a lot of weed smoking throughout the floors. What was bad is that the lady at the front desk could not get in touch with a manger to reset the alarm. The fire dept. showed up, and left pissed. They could have been somewhere on a real call. So me and other guest that actually were asleep when this went off has to endure that dreaming alarm for over an hour, almost two. Yeah, I know it was a time for celebrating, but that was unnecessary and the management should have prepared for this. Plus the price was jacked up due to the holiday, but at most the coat should have been $75, not the $106, $123 with taxes I paid. All I can say is never again!

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee? Share your experiences!