“Despite amenity conflicts...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Minocqua, Wisconsin, United States
“Despite amenity conflicts...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked this because of the low cost and advertised shuttle service and on-site bar. Upon check-in we asked "what time does the bar open?" reply "tomorrow". A different entity was taking that over, and it was our bad luck to be there the day before. Tried to utilize the shuttle, but it was reserved by others during the times we needed it. Again, I attibute that to my own lack of anything resembling luck. ON THE POSITIVE SIDE: this was THE most spotless hotel I've ever stayed at (I was only in the room, lobby and hallways; it was during the dead of winter so I can't comment on the surrounding grounds). I suppose the elevator could be considered a bit worn. The bathroom was ludicrously spacious (I don't think we were in a handicapped-accessible unit as there were no handrails); the shower was large enough to fit 6 normal sized people in (or 3 fat guys or 11 circus midgets). Bathroom fixtures were very stylish. Room itself was elegant in a spartan way; there was as-advertised a piece of "art" on the wall...I was amused to see that all the "art" I observed in the hotel was(understandably) a vinyl print stretched over a framework. As for the quality of the "art" itself, I make no comment! I can imagine the parking lot may not be large enough to accommodate all the guest is the hotel was full, but there was plenty of parking when we were there, as well as a security guard on-duty (which may or may not be a comforting idea in that neighbourhood...in order to get there we had to drive through what could only be described as the "bad part of town", but it was several blocks away and seemed to be a distance a bit too far for unsavory denizens to walk). The staff, despite one of which seemingly being on his cellphone eternally(though very helpful), was excellent above and beyond the expected norm. Though we only were in town for one night, they provided a lot of tips and services that made up for missing the bar or shuttle; made our experience in Milwaukee a lot easier. The manager was really cool and almost unbearably pleasant, though not in a "phony" way.Though one (in retrospect)amusing anecdote is that one of the staff called us a cab: it was at the time aggravating because the cab took 20 minutes to arrive (and this is VERY close to the busiest area of Milwaukee), and then when we told the cabbie we wanted Front street, he asked us how to spell 'front'. I imagine it was the desk fellow's relative or something! A minor inconvenience that provided for a good story. All in all, despite what could be construed as negative factors, I understand that those negatives were just my lack of luck, and can't really be held against the hotel. If I am ever doomed to visit Milwaukee again, I intend to stay at this place because of the helpful staff, extreme cleanliness, convenience to downtown, and great rates. Maybe next time I'll even be able to catch the shuttle from the bar while it is open.

Room Tip: Don't bother requesting a "view"; this is surrounded by city streets, though did not s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lee, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Patrick the manager was swamped by telephone calls, training new staff and hobbled by a broken leg but he was courteous and very attentive to answering my questions. I took the shuttle to the Lake Front Brewery to meet a friend and the driver was very helpful. The bathrooms are a definite upgrade for the price. When I checked in, the customers had not yet checked out of the room that was booked for me. Patrick consulted housekeeping and they quickly found a clean room for me. The hotel does have a bar and you can order off of a rather limited menu. Catfish was the special, the fish was correctly cooked and I enjoyed the meal.

Room Tip: The south side room was very quite and I had a great nights sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Oshkosh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The facilities are in excellent shape. I was initially concerned considering all of the negative reviews. All of the staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. They have an excellent shuttle service to many locations. Some friends met us at the hotel and were able to park their vehicle on the street and ride along with us in the shuttle. There were many good options available with the free continental breakfast. We will definately be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booked rm w/ 2 qn beds.. Mgr overbooked so changed us to kg bed & sgle hida-bed for 4 adults. Only 3 towels. No parking, Promised pillows, roll-away, towels. Got NOTHING! 1 slept on cushions, 3 in kg

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers also viewed these Milwaukee hotels
Ambassador Hotel
4.0 of 5 stars 265 reviews
Ramada Milwaukee Downtown
#46 of 52 in Milwaukee
3.0 of 5 stars 550 reviews

Been to Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee

Address: 1840 N 6th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
Days Inn And Suites Milwaukee

If you own or manage Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.