“Nice local place for breakfast or lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice local place for breakfast or lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Found this place from reading TA reviews. Went on a Friday for early lunch; many in our group of 10+ of adults/kids had breakfast but some had lunch. Place is small with nice atmosphere, service was very good, prices were reasonable, and yes food was very good. Street parking seemed ample. Certainly lives up to the favorable reviews in my opinion.

Visited August 2013

West Chicago, Illinois
“Great Recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went here on my son's recommendation for Sunday breakfast when we were staying in Milwaukee. Our first thought was how did he find this place. We sat outside and it was very nice, but you had to walk by the desserts to get there. The wait staff was very good, and the food was outstanding. We are planning on going back again for lunch or dinner. This place is well worth going to.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brackney, Pennsylvania
“honeypie is sweet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The ambience, service and food quality were all noteworthy. And , as with all human endeavors, mistakes are inevitable; what counts is how those challenges are met. One cocktail was mis-mixed (no biggie) and the response of the waitron and barkeep couldn't have been better. Replacement was couteous (w/ appropriate mea culpa), and the most pleasant dinner continued with a v. positive asterisk.

Visited June 2013
Illinois
“Excellent breakfast and pie for dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a wonderful brunch at this restaurant on a Sunday morning. The ham biscuit was delicious - fresh flaky biscuit with fresh tasty ham melted together with cheddar cheese. They have an extensive drink menu for brunch including 'beermosa' (beer and orange juice). The service was a little slow but they were understandably very busy. Over 15 different kinds of pies were available for dessert - fruit and cream varieties. If you don't like pie, they had extremely large cupcakes as well, also in 15 varieties. There is a very popular outdoor seating area in the back which reminded me of a backyard picnic area. We sat inside, which was very comfortable and well-lit. I would go back again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I went here with another couple at 7:30 on a Tuesday night. It was somewhat busy but we didn't have to wait and there were tables available. I have read a lot about this restaurant and wanted to try it. The restaurant is very clean. We sat on the patio and it was a nice evening. They have trivial pursuit at each table to keep conversation going if needed. We started with drinks and all were good. Service was in a timely manner and the waitress was nice and attentive.

My husband and I had the Porkslaw BBQ which was a pork sandwich with creamy apple celery root coleslaw. It was served with homemade fries and 3 homemade pickle slices-delicious! We both really enjoyed it. I loved the fries, not salty, very fresh and cut right from the potato. We also ordered a corm muffin to share. It was very good as well-very warm and moist. My friend had the Burger WI which was raised grass-fed beef, American cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, special sauce, a sunny side egg on an egg-glazed bun. She ordered it without the egg. Her meal was also served with homemade fries. Her husband also enjoyed his meal as well which was the Solid State roasted turkey, bacon, ham, caramelized onions, Swiss, mayo, grilled on an egg-battered brioche. All were very good and perfect portion sizes. We finished with each couple sharing a cupcake. My husband and I had chocolate mint and my friend and her husband had chocolate caramel. They were very moist and had generous amount of frosting. Their dessert menu changes each night so be sure to call a head.

Overall, this was a great experience and we will definitely be back, great service, great value, great fresh food from local farmers and is nestled in a great eclectic part of Milwaukee in Bay View.

• Visited June 2013