“Blah” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #194 of 1,389 restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highland
Description: Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern is a fun, casual approach to fresh seafood and offers a variety of freshly caught seafood.
Muskego, Wisconsin
“Blah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were really excited to try this place ... had been talking about doing so for months. We finally went yesterday. Big mistake. First of all, there's plenty of signage out front, but no signage on the doors that you were supposed to go into, so we couldn't even find the place without asking the parking lot attendants. The only reason we are giving this a rating of two (instead of one) is because the server was very friendly. My husband ordered blackened grouper. His exact words ... "It's OK. And when I say OK, I mean JUST OK." He later revealed that it was the worst grouper he ever had and that there was no way that it was fresh (had to have been frozen). The broccoli he had looked amazing (incredibly green and large), but when he cut into it, it was black (mold? old?). I ordered the lobster mac and cheese, which was also not that great. I love lobster, and I love macaroni and cheese. Never had them together, so maybe it's my own fault, but the portion was super small for $25 and barely included any lobster meat. The meat it did include was very small, and mostly claw meat. I'm sad I chose this as the place to celebrate my new promotion. Won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
“loud”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband & I were there after a Rep play the Saturday after Valentines. It was impossible to enjoy our dinner. Music was sooooooo loud, that I could NOT shout loud enough for my husband to hear me. Food was good, but meal was ruined by LOUD music!! Music should be in background. Waitress was attentive. Asked to turn down music. Still tooooo loud!! We will not be back!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“should be Molly Lukewarm's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've yet to find a really good seafood restaurant in this city and the search continues. My wife and I went on a Monday. Maybe that's when their best people take the day off. Our server, though friendly, was NOT well trained. After I placed my drink order, she turned to my wife and said, "How about you?" And that kind of unprofessional repeated itself throughout our visit.
I got the blackened grouper. It was overcooked and dry. And the accompanying broccoli was basically steamed and bland. I asked my wife about her scallops and she shrugged and said they were "OK". That said, I will rate it "OK" but won't be back for a while.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was dirty. Server was bad- the only good part was we sat at a booth by the water. Won't be going back .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Serice could use a lot of improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Molly Cool’s was recommended by TAers on a forum. It was a much larger restaruant that expected, with indoor and outdoor seating by the river front. However when we got there around 7 pm on a Saturday night, outside was full, only table left was right next to the band so we opted to go indoors. Sat along the window just below the bar area which was on a higher level. The atmosphere was like a busy sports bar and looked quite trendy. Service was rather sloppy – it took a while to get menus, and took even longer to get plates and utensils, which came separately, one set at a time, all by different staff. Our waitress was quite young and seemed distracted, gving out vibes of “I really would rather be elsewhere than working on a Saturday night”. For a while it was just impossible to get even the simplest requests through to her as her mind was obviously elsewhere. We were relieved when the dishes came eventually and were what we ordered. Food was ok but average – my husband had steak, I had the California roll which was probably a mistake – this was not a Japanese restaurant after all! For dessert, had the red velvet cake, which was not bad, probably the best dish of the evening. Overall, a somewhat disappointing experience largely attributable to service or lack thereof.

• Visited August 2012