“Great Park N Fly Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Central Wisconsin
“Great Park N Fly Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We used this location for Park N Fly. The staff was friendly, the room was nice and the rates were affordable. We arrived at 7 p.m. the night before our trip and were on their shuttle to the airport at 4:30 a.m. the next morning. Great location for a short hop to the airport. No problems contacting them and getting back to the hotel at the end of our trip and our car was ready and waiting a week later. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Stayed as part of the park & fly program and had an early morning flight to Arizona the nex morning. We got to the motel and checked in and then headed to the room. First impressions pulling into the parking lot were not good and they were right. Our room looked like the carpeting had not been cleaned for ages. There was a large hole in the bathroom door that had not been fixed. Holes in the wall in the room looked like they had been plugged and painted by a three year old and were very noticeable. The light switch in the bathroom did not work when you walked in, but fortunately there was another light over the sink with a different switch. The hair dryer in the bathroom has been melting for quite some time from apparent overheating and we did not want to touch it for safety reasons. The stand alone shower unit was just gross. I know next time I have to fly out of Milwaukee, I will not stay here. Very disappointed about this Econo Lodge and should not be associated with Choice Hotels. If you have a choice....don't stay here!

The only good thing I can say is that when checking in and checking out, the personnel at the front desk were very helpful and pleasant as were the shuttle drivers to and back from the airport.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Chicago Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Had a very early flight out of milwaukee and econo lodge was great. Parked in their lot and a shuttle to the airport, very . The rooms were comfortable, no frills but the price was great. Recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
gmwi423, General Manager at The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Thank you for your response and I'm glad we were able to accomodate your needs :)
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

We stayed here for the Park N Fly .
Service was ok, nothing spectacular. When we first arrived the woman at the front desk was arguing with another guest, which was a turn-off.
The room is old and could use updating. VERY loud. We could hear everything going on in the hallway and upstairs. This was a problem because there was a young group staying and they were yelling, running, etc. Also, the ice machine in the hallway made ice about 1 time every 20 minutes and you could hear it plain as day. The bathroom pipes or something would run on and off as well. I think I ended up with maybe 3 hours sleep total.

On the plus side, when I called the front desk to complain about the noise in the room above us it seems they did take care of it as it stopped shortly after I called.

Location is good, quick 5 or 10 minute drive over to the airport. Shuttle was available at the requested time in the morning and we waited about 15 minutes to be picked up when we got back.

We were only there from about 8 at night until 4:30 in the morning and that was long enough! For me personally, I would pay a little more and stay somewhere else the next time we have a need for Park N Fly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that your stay was noisey. I am glad that you enjoyed the airport shuttle being prompt both ways of your trip, and that the front desk responded immedialty to your noise compliant from rooms next to you. Unfortunalty, we are an airport location and we have people checking in and flying out through out the entire day and night. That is one of our best qualities of the hotel is the location that we are in with the shuttle service we provide.
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

The hotel has rusty old shower enclosures that should have been replaced a long time ago. The room air was stale and moldy. My wife is allergic to mold and started to show systems in just a few minutes so we asked to see a differnt room. It was worse. I checked out but the manager refused to cancel my reservation and said I would be billed .
Luckily, I had used the Choice Hotel website and complained to them. I was never billed.
There are better hotels in Milwaukee. DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
St Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. My stay was cut short by my choice. The hotel appears decent from the exterior and even within the lobby. What is hidden behind the hallway doors is directly out of a horror flick. I stayed the first night, after switching rooms once for a room that at least appeared clean. The toiletries(shampoo and soap) were used. There were skin flakes on the bathroom floor. Their linens and pillows are stained yellow. The clientele they allow in this hotel makes you feel like you are in a halfway house or drug rehab center. Upon arrival back to my room on the second night, I walked into the building to find the hallways filled with marijuana smoke and young adults or teenagers having what seemed to be a party (on a Tuesday night). My door was left open by housekeeping and my luggage had been moved around(nothing was stolen, thank God). It is 9:00 PM and after working all day I am ready to go to sleep. How do you sleep when all the guests around you are having a Hip Hop convention with booze, drugs etc... I packed my belongings and went to the front desk. I informed the attendant that I would be checking out early for the reasons mentioned above. With a grin on her face, she nods her head and proceeds to check me out. I had to contact the manager the next day to ensure a refund for my unused night was returned to my credit card. I contacted the manager the next day and again, no apology, no interest in how she could fix the problem. She wanted me off the phone and that was all. What worries me the most is how many out of towners book by price, and say nothing. This is what allows places such as this one to get away with poor accomodations and service. In addition their Free High Speed internet advertised is a joke. They tell you how to "hack" into the adjacent Holiday Inns high speed service. Which would be great if it were closer to the building. There are many other affordable and much more quality establishments within blocks. Book for their low advertised price and be very disgusted.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
gmwi423, Manager at The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2009
Throughout the past year your company has sent several employees here to lodge with us. You yourself have stayed over half a dozen times since January alone. As per our conversation on the phone I did apologize and refund your "company" for their rembursment of the 1 night stay. It was made for 3 nights and checked out at 9pm on the last night because you said the door was ajar. I understand why you wanted to check out and why I apologized and refunded the stay. However, I did also ask at that time if there were any other problems and you replied "no". I am sorry that you feel our guests should be in "drug rehab", but all 8 other times that you stayed with us in the past 6 months none of this was brought up to the staff's attention. I would have certainly tried to correct any issues, but we assumed you enjoyed staying here with us due to the fact that you are a frequent return guest.
Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Exposed nails, stained and ripped towels, hair on towels (not mine), paper thin walls, stained carpet, sink smelled when water went down, bathroom floor cracked, footprints on wall, mold in shower, and I felt unsafe.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!