“And you call that breakfast?!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“And you call that breakfast?!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is average at best. It's in desperate need for renovations! You can hear/feel the hallway floors give and creak as you walk to and fro your room! The 1st floor halls (where the smoking rooms are) smell just awful. The best thing about this place is the shower...which is not saying a whole lot.

Finally, the breakfast...which it should be a crime for these people to call that crap breakfast...I've stayed at my share of Choice brand hotels...all of which supposedly offer free breakfast...but this place...OMG...all they serve is bread. Specifically, English Muffins, Banana Nut Muffins and Toast with Apple or Orange juice and water. That's it! I heard a few murmurs that they had donuts the day before I arrived. Again...BREAD! LOL! If you don't care about the breakfast or being located to anything worth visiting other than a Burlington Coat Factory, I recommend this place. Otherwise, PLEASE look somewhere else! There are plenty of other nice hotels in the area. Don't fall for the okeydokey because their rates are cheap.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoLodgeMilwaukee, Guest Relations Manager at The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
We hope you will choose our Hotel again.

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the grossest hotel I've ever been in. I pulled back the bed spread to sit on the sheets and there were numerous disgusting (pubic-looking) hairs on the sheets. We had the maid change the sheets and the new ones were so stained that I could not decide which side of the bed was less offensive. Yes, it's cheap at $50 a night. But please, take my advice, spend an extra $30 per night and go to the Super 8. Or sleep on the street, it's cleaner.

Room Tip: room 235 is slightly better than 234.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Looking for a decent cheap hotel before your flight. this is your place plus they serve breakfast mostly "bread" products. Front desk was very helpful. I only stayed one night before a flight and it was quiet and no issues

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

For an Econolodge it's pretty decent. Only real complaint was very hard bed. While I had a car, I took the bus downtown to have some German food. Breakfast is very limited but that is the story with most Econolodges. One of the front desk folks was less than helpful but others were OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Came to Milwaukee to do some sightseeing and catch a brewers game this hotel is right off the parkway and a quick drive from downtown.

The man behind the front desk was a little rude when I arrived he asked what I wanted with out turning around.. I asked if I can check in and he replied "I don't know can you?" My reservation was incorrect but he fixed with a little huffing and puffing.

Stayed on second floor, room was small but pretty much clean didnt have an issue really with anything. I was only in Milwaukee for one day so I really only spent an hour after check in and the time we slept in the room.

I'd probably stay there again because its cheap and convenient and didnt really have any issues with our stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Like many other travelers, I chose this motel because I had an early morning flight, lots of luggage, and didn't want to mess with traffic detours and construction at 5:00 AM. The Sleep/Park/Fly package was a great value. The room was very clean and had everything I needed for just a quick overnight stay. Front desk staff were very courteous and friendly. I got my wake-up call when I asked for it.
When I made my reservation, I didn't even realize that breakfast was included, but that was a very welcome perc. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it would be great if the owners would put in one of those make-it-yourself waffle machines...
My shuttle was delayed about 15 minutes by a family with a young child. I appreciate that it's difficult to travel with young kids, and I know this wasn't really under the control of the motel -- but sometimes it can be important to stick to a schedule. It's lucky that I had allowed some extra time to get to the airport.
I will certainly stay at this motel again if I have an early flight or am looking for safe, inexpensive airport parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Airport Hotel in Milwaukee for one night. We had an early flight to catch and did not want to have our ride get up super early to drive us. We arrived and check in was quick and friendly. We arrived around dinner time and was looking for a place to eat as they did not have any restaurants on site. We walked about three blocks from the hotel and went to a restaurant on the other side of the street (at the lighted cross walk), it was reasonably priced (forgot the name, sorry). The room was average. It was basically all we needed for one night. We did get wi-fi in the room. Hotel could use some upgrades but overall if it is for one or two nights I would recommend this hotel as it was fairly cheap compared to the hotels in the area. They had a shuttle to the airport that started running at 4am - midnight. They also had a continental breakfast but it didn't start until 4 am so we didn't get a chance to eat there as we had to leave at 4 am. Check out with quick and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!