“Great bargain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Great bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Like many other travelers, I chose this motel because I had an early morning flight, lots of luggage, and didn't want to mess with traffic detours and construction at 5:00 AM. The Sleep/Park/Fly package was a great value. The room was very clean and had everything I needed for just a quick overnight stay. Front desk staff were very courteous and friendly. I got my wake-up call when I asked for it.
When I made my reservation, I didn't even realize that breakfast was included, but that was a very welcome perc. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it would be great if the owners would put in one of those make-it-yourself waffle machines...
My shuttle was delayed about 15 minutes by a family with a young child. I appreciate that it's difficult to travel with young kids, and I know this wasn't really under the control of the motel -- but sometimes it can be important to stick to a schedule. It's lucky that I had allowed some extra time to get to the airport.
I will certainly stay at this motel again if I have an early flight or am looking for safe, inexpensive airport parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Airport Hotel in Milwaukee for one night. We had an early flight to catch and did not want to have our ride get up super early to drive us. We arrived and check in was quick and friendly. We arrived around dinner time and was looking for a place to eat as they did not have any restaurants on site. We walked about three blocks from the hotel and went to a restaurant on the other side of the street (at the lighted cross walk), it was reasonably priced (forgot the name, sorry). The room was average. It was basically all we needed for one night. We did get wi-fi in the room. Hotel could use some upgrades but overall if it is for one or two nights I would recommend this hotel as it was fairly cheap compared to the hotels in the area. They had a shuttle to the airport that started running at 4am - midnight. They also had a continental breakfast but it didn't start until 4 am so we didn't get a chance to eat there as we had to leave at 4 am. Check out with quick and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Horicon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here so we could catch a 0600 flight out of MKE. Check-in dude was friendly and took all of three minutes. We arranged for a wake-up call and a shuttle to the airport. The room was clean and everything worked. Got the call at 0400, went to the lobby and had some coffee, (they also had rolls, cereal and juice) and by the time the empty cup hit the table the shuttle was waiting with our bags already loaded and ready to go. Ten minutes later we were checking in for our flight.

Pretty much top notch service for about half a yard, which is hard to find these days.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Although I stayed only for the night so I can catch the earliest flight out of Milwaukee airport, I got up to take a shower and was not able to operate your shower faucet, the water stayed very cold and could not operate it. I had to sponge bath which I would have preferred to have a shower to refresh & wake up. Otherwise the personnel were very nice & accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brillion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We chose to stay at The Econo Lodge because the rate was reasonable and we were flying out very early in the a.m. We wanted to leave our car there while we were gone. For an over night stay to catch a plane it was okay. The man at the front desk was courteous and friendly. The rooms are clean. We used the shuttle service and had to leave by 4 a.m. The continental breakfast began at 3:30, so we were able to have coffee, juice, bagels etc. That was very nice so early in the a.m. The shuttle driver was prompt and very friendly on the way to the airport. We called the shuttle when our plane landed and again, the driver was prompt and very friendly. He drove us to our car and ask if we needed help loading our suitcases into our car. I was nervous as the reviews were mixed, but our experience was positive. The cost was very reasonable for a overnight stay and leaving our car in their parking lot worked well for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our recent visit to Milwaukee was a complete downward spiral as far as the hotel. The first day there our toilet was stopped up so the were kind enough to give me a plunger....yes a plunger not a maintenance man. Granted the hotel has some age on it but please shampoo your carpets once in a while. The continental consist of not 1 but 2 day old donuts, bread and english muffins with warm butter, cereal with room temp milk and very watery juice. The house keeping spoke little english so it was literally impossible to ask for anything...LOL. I could continue but let's just say NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The room was fine and newer than we expected. The bed was a rock and not comfortable. The bathroom was clean and modern. Plenty of soaps and stuff, coffee, all that. Building is dated but rooms are nice. Went down for breakfast the next day and the only thing was some Thornton's coffee [ a local gas station] and Fruit Loops. Needless to say we hit the McD's right down the road. I probably would not be back though because the bed was bad and we do factor in a breakfast when we price and look for hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!