“Fine for Price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Richmond, Illinois
“Fine for Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The room was fine and newer than we expected. The bed was a rock and not comfortable. The bathroom was clean and modern. Plenty of soaps and stuff, coffee, all that. Building is dated but rooms are nice. Went down for breakfast the next day and the only thing was some Thornton's coffee [ a local gas station] and Fruit Loops. Needless to say we hit the McD's right down the road. I probably would not be back though because the bed was bad and we do factor in a breakfast when we price and look for hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July 2012 because I had an early morning flight out of Milwaukee airport. For an overnighter, this hotel had everything I wanted and the gentleman running the front desk was very friendly and courteous. EconoLodges can be VERY hit and miss, but this one was basic and clean and just fine for a one-night stay. There was a fridge, micro and coffeemaker, as well as free wifi and parking. I didn't so much dig the huge flight of stairs I had to lug my bag up, but since I was really just crashing for the night, it wasn't a big deal. Any longer and I'd have been annoyed by it, as well as the fact that there is no pool or jacuzzi. Free breakfast was just fine with some pretty damn good coffee. No frills but no real complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel needs an overall upgrade. Looks like it's worn out and falling apart. Seems small patch jobs are being done to keep it running. I was surprised to see a Choice hotel in such poor condition . We were there only for 1 night for park and stay. We parked our car for 6 nights. I was advised you can get a better deal by calling the hotel directly or on the hotel website. The staff was friendly and arranged our drop off to airport. On our return when we called the hotel we were advised to go Go Riteway service. It worked out but took longer to get all the logistics sorted out and wait for service and then sit in the van as passengers get dropped off at each hotel. Our car was in good condition when we picked it up. But overall the experience was poor especially we were travelling with a family. I would look at other hotel/options in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

U get what u pay for here...the staff is rude, except for the maids, ive found and killed at least 10 spiders. I had to sleep with t.v. on to keep from hearing my neighbors conversation, walking down the hall u will see roaches climbing on the wall. Need i say more.

• Stayed November 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Room immediately smelled like marijuana, after a rude coaching from front desk guy about smoking outside. (I am from wisconsin and you can see my license plate, don't be a [--]) Continental breakfast: still up at 4am, got it fresh: stale donuts, cheap coffee, cereal, apple/orange juice. I don't expect much from free breakfast, but seriously, no eggs, no fruit? While grabbing food, someone hung up on the guy at the front desk who said hello into the phone no less that 60 times. For five minutes he said hello every few seconds until we took our donuts back to the room. Our stale donuts.
Went to bed at about 415am. Loud music from upstairs, front desk didn't care.
No microwave, fridge, etc in king room. Tv was 'fuzzy" beyond what you'd expect from an old crt or box style tv, to the point where it was irritating.
Room ok otherwise, not gross or dirty or anything. Just crappy. Smells like weed, bad.

• Stayed October 2012
Tomah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and 3 sons were going to Orlando and had a early flight. Since we live 3 hours from the airport, we decided to stay in a hotel close by. We got to the Econo Lodge and were greeted by a friendly man behind the desk. He made sure we had the roll away bed we requested and then asked if we would like to do the on-site parking. He saved us money as it was only $5 a day and there was a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. The room was clean and nice. We had a really nice lady as our shuttle driver and pleasent conversation. On the way home, the shuttle driver was off and the manager actually picked us up from the airport and refused our tip. I would highly recommend this hotel. The price was great for a sat night with parking for 6 days was like $95. Had no issues with the parking in back of the hotel. Great service and will come back. There was also a free breakfast available and early!!!

Room Tip: If traveling to the airport for a trip, the parking in the back of the hotel is only $5 a night and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I would like to share my recent experience in my recent stay at this hotel. I was very much reluctant to stay at this hotel because of some bad reviews
for this hotel, but for the price they offered and with free shuttle service, I thought I will give a try for one day and then move to other hotels around.
When I called the shuttle from the airport to pick me up they told me around 10 minutes,the driver was very courteous and apologies for coming 5 minutes late as she has to fill petrol(gas as they say in US). I was impressed by service as I have to wait 1 hour to two hours in some hotels around the world for the shuttle.
When I reached hotel I was greeted with very smiling hotel staff.When I reached my room I was totally surprised, as they have remodeled all the rooms specially washrooms,as I was expecting it as I saw photos in trip adviser,but on the contrary the room was very comfortable specially compared to the price I paid. They also start breakfast at 4:00 am for the airport going guests,which was surprise too,as most hotels has from 6:00 am.
For my curiosity I asked about the bad reviews of the hotelto the staff ,and the staff laughed and politely answered that the people complaining earlier were kicked out because they were fighting with other guests in parking lot,hence they complained.So I decided to stay 5 days with this hotel.
I am glad I chose this hotel and saved all most double of my money. Also there is city bus Route no 19 just at the door step of the hotel which will take you to downtown or other parts of Milwukee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!