“Breakfast sucked, neighbors loud, bad times.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Breakfast sucked, neighbors loud, bad times.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Room immediately smelled like marijuana, after a rude coaching from front desk guy about smoking outside. (I am from wisconsin and you can see my license plate, don't be a [--]) Continental breakfast: still up at 4am, got it fresh: stale donuts, cheap coffee, cereal, apple/orange juice. I don't expect much from free breakfast, but seriously, no eggs, no fruit? While grabbing food, someone hung up on the guy at the front desk who said hello into the phone no less that 60 times. For five minutes he said hello every few seconds until we took our donuts back to the room. Our stale donuts.
Went to bed at about 415am. Loud music from upstairs, front desk didn't care.
No microwave, fridge, etc in king room. Tv was 'fuzzy" beyond what you'd expect from an old crt or box style tv, to the point where it was irritating.
Room ok otherwise, not gross or dirty or anything. Just crappy. Smells like weed, bad.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tomah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and 3 sons were going to Orlando and had a early flight. Since we live 3 hours from the airport, we decided to stay in a hotel close by. We got to the Econo Lodge and were greeted by a friendly man behind the desk. He made sure we had the roll away bed we requested and then asked if we would like to do the on-site parking. He saved us money as it was only $5 a day and there was a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. The room was clean and nice. We had a really nice lady as our shuttle driver and pleasent conversation. On the way home, the shuttle driver was off and the manager actually picked us up from the airport and refused our tip. I would highly recommend this hotel. The price was great for a sat night with parking for 6 days was like $95. Had no issues with the parking in back of the hotel. Great service and will come back. There was also a free breakfast available and early!!!

Room Tip: If traveling to the airport for a trip, the parking in the back of the hotel is only $5 a night and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I would like to share my recent experience in my recent stay at this hotel. I was very much reluctant to stay at this hotel because of some bad reviews
for this hotel, but for the price they offered and with free shuttle service, I thought I will give a try for one day and then move to other hotels around.
When I called the shuttle from the airport to pick me up they told me around 10 minutes,the driver was very courteous and apologies for coming 5 minutes late as she has to fill petrol(gas as they say in US). I was impressed by service as I have to wait 1 hour to two hours in some hotels around the world for the shuttle.
When I reached hotel I was greeted with very smiling hotel staff.When I reached my room I was totally surprised, as they have remodeled all the rooms specially washrooms,as I was expecting it as I saw photos in trip adviser,but on the contrary the room was very comfortable specially compared to the price I paid. They also start breakfast at 4:00 am for the airport going guests,which was surprise too,as most hotels has from 6:00 am.
For my curiosity I asked about the bad reviews of the hotelto the staff ,and the staff laughed and politely answered that the people complaining earlier were kicked out because they were fighting with other guests in parking lot,hence they complained.So I decided to stay 5 days with this hotel.
I am glad I chose this hotel and saved all most double of my money. Also there is city bus Route no 19 just at the door step of the hotel which will take you to downtown or other parts of Milwukee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Poor , hotel, me and my fiencee were treated poorly like a bunch of wild animals!!! I'd never come back again!!! I had no choice cuz I have no where 2 live yet!!!! So we do our own cleaning, and replace everything!!!!! 2 much security, its like prison except 4 the bars in the rooms!!!! They didn't even throw away the child, or the beds, or even the table chair 4 ur desk. All they do is package seal the bottom of the door and don't care 2 hear anything u tell them!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

A friend and I stayed here since we had an early morning flight from Milwaukee. I was pleasantly surprised at the updated room, especially the bathroom. Front desk staff was cordial. My only complaint was the shuttle driver who called us 15 minutes early and asked if we were ready to go (we were not -- it was 4:45am). We had hoped to grab a muffin and cup of coffee on our way out and we were glad that breakfast started at 4am. When we arrived in the lobby the driver told us we couldn't eat or drink in the shuttle so not to stop for anything. She rushed us to the shuttle. We were too stunned (and tired) to tell her we just wanted something to eat at the airport before our flight. Must admit we had the same driver on the way back and she was much more pleasant than she had been a week earlier. Paid $80 -- worth it for the room and to leave the car there for a week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Greer, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at Econolodge Milwaukee Airport because we had an exceptionally early departure at MKE. The primary reason that we stayed there was that they offer a special rate that includes parking while you fly. I believe it was $30 more than the rate we were quoted for the room originally, but given that two weeks long-term parking at the airport would have cost over $100, this was a no brainer. The shuttle driver was very courteous. The shuttle was the only feature of the hotel that I liked. The gentleman at the front desk was scatterbrained and incomprehensible. When I called the hotel upon our return he misunderstood me and did not send the shuttle until I called a second time, delaying us by at least 20 minutes. The rooms were typical (poor) for the cost and price range, but given that we were staying less than 5 hours, I didn't want to pay for a more expensive hotel. I think the most disturbing thing about the hotel was that as I was putting our bags in our car at 3:30AM, I discovered that the security on the exterior doors was inoperative, so you could open any door to the hotel in the middle of the night. If I were to need to fly out of MKE again, I would see if other hotels had a similar parking arrangement.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The service was good in the maintenance was good. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The tv although the older style had ample channel selections. Located in an area by the airport with a bunch of other names hotels. They offer shuttle service although I didn't use it nor did I sample their meager breakfast. Overall it gets an I would stay again vote.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!