“good value and 24hs shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Madison, Wisconsin
“good value and 24hs shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Good value for one night stuck at the airport. I paid $50 including tax reserving on the same day through expedia. Good free shuttle service to Mitchell Airport 24 hours. Good service.
Be aware that the breakfast is from 4-9am

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
WIsconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked this hotel to stay for Summerfest. The one good thing was they let us check in an hour early. I booked a king room with a microwave and fridge. The room had neither of these things. When I went into the bathroom there was a dirty bath towel hanging on the back of the door. In the morning I called the desk because the room didn't have a hair dryer, it had the thing hanging on the wall but the dryer was missing. The front desk clerk huffed and puffed at me on the phone and then put me on hold for a long time before coming back to tell me he would try to find one. I didn't bring my own because each room was supposed to have one. My husband went to ask for one at the front desk and the clerk gave him a key to a dirty room where someone had just checked out and he told my husband to have me go in that room to get ready. My husband went into the dirty room and brought me the hair dryer which did not work. He went back to the front desk where the clerk was again rude, but he told my husband he would get the maintenance guy to find me one. After a few minutes he did bring me a dryer and told my husband I needed to bring it back to front desk when I was done using it.
Our room also had a coffee maker base but no pot to make coffee. I was very disappointed in this stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed in the hotel with 2 of my grandbabies and they love the breakfast in the morning. While we were in the Milwaukee area we stayed at 2 hotels and this one was their favorite...the only problem I had that I had to go to front desk to ask for an iron.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Seven Lakes, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

ad to return to Milwaukee for a memorial service somewhat short notice. We had to depart General Mitchell IAP at 5:05 am, which meant about a 3:30 am get up and 4:00 am ride to the terminal. I booked this hotel in order to avoid inconveniencing family or friends at that hour. The room was fine and we were allowed an early check in after a morning phone call to the hotel to ask for it. Decent continental breakfast was out at 4 am and the shuttle left for the airport right at 4 am. This worked very well for us.

Room Tip: Probably best to ask for the rear of the hotel for maximum quietness.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

1 night stay before flight out. Had read some negative reviews. Was pleasantly surprised. most rooms and intertior recently remodeled. nice room. no pool or excersize room .
Normal continental breakfast . Easy shuttle back and forth to airport and was able to leave car at hotel for 10 nights total $75(room included).

No frills but convienant location. staff friendly and all was fine

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

It took forever to get service the only worker was very disorganized the inside reeked of smoke and looked like it was falling apart

• Stayed January 2012
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

If you would like to be treated rudely, visit this hotel. I booked parking online for Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport - Self Parking. They state that their parking service runs 24 hours, with the shuttle running every 30 minutes from 4am to 10pm, or to call on arrival for pick up from the airport. When we dropped off the car, I was given a waiver to sign, that stated the shuttle ran 24 hours. And then was promptly told that they would not be picking me up on my return because my flight got in too late. It appears only hotel guests get 24 hours shuttle service. They were not nice, not helpful, and very rude, said it was my problem not theirs. What could I do at this point? I had pre-paid, didn't have time to make other parking arrangements, we took the shuttle to the airport. During the trip to the airport the driver said she would be working the evening we returned anyway, (returning at 10:15), to call and she would pick us up. So as luck would have it we returned slightly before 10pm, called the hotel and were again very rudely told that their shuttle stops running at 9:45pm. If we wanted our car, find our own way to the hotel. We did eventually find alternate transportation. PLEASE don't use this hotel for anything!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!