“cooking/baking” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,410 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Glorioso’s Italian Market is a family-owned business located on Brady Street since 1946. Purveyors of old-world Italian specialties in the heart of Milwaukee's East Side. Fresh, handmade sausages, mouthwatering deli creations and piping hot pizza are just a few of our specialties. Browse our aisles of cheese, wine and pasta. Linger over the amazing selection of olive oils, fresh and frozen pastas, and delicious bakery creations. With a vast array of olives, cheeses, wines, imported meats and delectable sandwiches, along with pastries, cookies, and gelato, Glorioso’s is the perfect stop for a great meal.Glorioso’s has been tantalizing the public’s taste buds with rare Mediterranean treats for over 6 decades. Upon stepping over the threshold, you can see that, four generations later, this is one store that has kept its old world charm. As you walk through the store, you will see family photos scattered throughout. If you stay long enough, you’re bound to run into Joe, Ted or Eddie, the founding brothers, ready to fill you in on the history behind each photograph: from pictures when they got out of the service in WWII, to the first truck they bought for the store, to the TV commercials that feature cameos of two more family members.But if the looks alone aren’t enough, just inhale deeply and you will catch the aroma of one of the many secret family recipes wafting from the back deli. It could be Nonno Felice’s sausage recipe, made fresh daily. Or it could be the house marinara sauce simmering on the stove. Or the Trio’s pizza baking to perfection in the oven.Glorioso’s won the award for Small Business of the Year in 2007, and has had numerous articles written about us in the Milwaukee Journal and the Shepherd Express. We won “Milwaukee’s Best Deli - 2011" from OnMilwaukee and our new store has received several awards for its innovative design. Bring the family over, we'd love to meet you!
milwaukee
“cooking/baking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A great place to obtain last minute ideas for cooking/baking and of course all else needs! Thanx!If u didn't have an idea for that or breakfast, lunch or dinner u will by the time u browse around! ab

Racine, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Italian Grocery and Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great place for locals to get some basic groceries or some Italian specialties. A lot of choices also are made from Glorioso's themselves. Decent selection of cheese, meats, liquor and other things Italians are known for. They have a deli section as well for take away short meals or side dishes, like one would see in any other grocery store. There is limited seating inside if you want to order a meal and sit down otherwise you can have it to go. So far, no disappointments and everything has been tasty, also very attentive and friendly staff.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just go! and when your spouse says... you've bought enough cookies, ignore them, buy more. They are so fresh and delish, you will wish you purchased more. truly authentic reminds me of my grandparents recipes growing up in Chicago.

Wisconsin
“Bigger and better than before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I use to go to Glorioso's when it was in it's old cramped space. Now it is in the new and much nicer space on the South side of Brady street (what use to be a pharmacy with a small theatre in it). The place says Italy as soon as you walk in the door. The deli has a fine selection, with made to order sandwiches and items for eat-in or take out. They have a great selection of cheeses - especially parm in town. My husband and I come here to stock up on pasta, canned tomatos, oils, cookies etc. We love to come here to see what is new and try new things. The staff
are great and I LOVE this place.

• Visited March 2013
Wisconsin
“Great stuff, wish I lived closer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

As most of the other reviewers already stated, this place has a little bit of everything. I go for the specialty meats and cheeses to I can make my own antipasto at home. They have items here you cannot get anywhere else, including Whole Foods. Plus you are supporting a locally owned business. One reviewer said "ask for samples", well I did and they would let me try anything. It helps when you are looking to spend $8-$15 per pound on meats and / or cheeses - "do I really like it?". I was extremely happy with my purchases. My favorite meat was the Columbus Finocchiona Fiore. The lady behind the counter said it was her favorite, let me try a slice, and I was hooked. It was delicious. I did buy some cannoli, italian cookies and some olives. They were all outstanding. My only wish is that they had more italian bakery items like breads, etc. But that would not keep me from visiting as often as possible. I can't get there enough!
Remember, this isn't a restaurant, but you can eat here (sandwiches, hot dishes, etc.).

• Visited March 2013