“Good location, clean property, nice amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Denver
“Good location, clean property, nice amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here on a quick business trip and found the property to be just as expected. I typically rely on Courtyard properties and was not disappointed. Clean room, comfortable king bed and a spacious desk area. The bar/food area was very nice, plenty of seating space to enjoy conversation and drinks. We did find the prices were a bit higher than expected, however, happy hour was reasonable.

On site exercise facility was modern and large. Indoor pool seemed clean. Very
friendly front desk staff made check in and dinner recommendations a great stay.

Valet cost approx. $22; on site parking $18 per day. Not sure about self-parking options close to the hotel. I opted to used valet and found the service to be excellent!

Walking distance to many restaurants and while I did not visit, "mall" attached to the rear of property. Property overall was excellent and I will return next time I am in town!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the location and the services/amenities to be great. I appreciate the positive feedback and will share that with my team. We look forward to having you back again when you are back in Milwaukee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been a quest at the Courtyard Downtown Milwaukee almost everyweek for the last 8 months. I stayed at a few different hotels before I landed at the courtyard. I've decided that I will not stay anywhere else as long as I'm working in the Milwaukee area. I love the convenient location with great restuarants in the area. I love the spacious rooms, especially the balcony rooms and the executive suite. The staff members are great. Very friendly, extremely helpful and welcoming. Thru the winter months, I love love love the attached parking garage. Its the only way I could have survived the sub-zero temps. This has truly become my home away from home.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front side of the building (it faces a park) with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate your loyalty to our property for the past 8 months. I will certainly share your comments with my team. We look forward to having you continue to stay with us as you continue to work in Milwaukee. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.
Canton Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

This was an OK hotel but there were a couple of things I didn't care for. Number one is the dropoff area in front of the hotel. The area is very small, congested and there was always other cars parked there making it nerve wracking trying to get your car unloaded or loaded with 3 cars out in the street waiting to pull in. This is the only way into the hotel so you're stuck. As far as I know, the only parking available is in their parking deck, which is fine even though they charge you for it. The room was nice & clean but had only one sink located outside the bathroom. This was a bit of an inconvenience for 2 people. Hotel staff was friendly and courteous, so that was not a problem. There is no free breakfast but ones we paid for were very good. This hotel would be a good location if you travel light and wanted to sightsee.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
I wan to thank you for your feedback from your stay. I am sorry that you found entering into the hotel was a challenge. We do have a few spots for loading as well on the street, but I understand this past weekend there was an influx of vehicles using our Valet Services. We do have a self parking option in the Grand Avenue Mall. Comparing to other hotel parking charges, the prices for both valet and self parking are on the lower end of the scale in comparison. I am very glad my staff was courteous and friendly. I will certainly share your comments with my team and the Valet group to see about any improvements that could be made. We hope you will stay with us again if you visit Milwaukee.
Hartford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

My wife and I stayed here on a birthday weekend in February. Our goal, even in the Wisconsin winter, was to be able to walk to dinner and a Bucks game, and the location of this hotel allowed for that. Most everything in downtown is within a mile walk or less. If you are okay carrying your luggage, there is a parking garage attached to the back of the shops of Grand Avenue and the hotel. This is much cheaper than valet. I think we paid $6 for a weekend rate. We were also glad to have a downtown hotel with a pool/hot tub. The design of the lobby and dining areas was nice- there were tvs and lots of sitting/dining areas. We did not spend much time there as we had bunch plans elsewhere. There is not a free breakfast, but there were dining/breakfast options available. The cafe area was not open throughout the whole day though, so if you are looking for a cup of coffee or something like that mid-afternoon, you might have to go elsewhere. The room and bed were very comfortable. My only complaint was the noise. Doors to the hallway seem to be pretty thin, and our room was closer to the elevators, and we were woken up a couple of times between 6-8 am by normal hallway noise. Otherwise, we were very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Get a room down the hall, away from elevators. Rooms on the north side have a view of the back of a...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you were able to join us for your Birthday/Valentine's weekend. I am sorry for the level of noise from the busy weekend. We did have many activities going on in the hotel. The Bistro is open for Breakfast and Dinner, however, you are able to get coffee throughout the day. I am sorry that we did not help assist you with that. I am glad you had a great weekend in Milwaukee and we hope you will stay with us again on your next trip.
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

I am just getting around to writing a review for this hotel. We booked 35 rooms here for my daughter's wedding last June 6 & 7, 2014. When I booked this block, the sales team were very helpful offering a great rate and shuttle service to and from the reception. Dara and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. We reserved a suite to have room to entertain our guests throughout the weekend. The air conditioning went out in our room on Friday night and maintenance attempted to fix it. We were offered another suite but chose to stay put as we were already settled in. The cooler weather was on our side as well. The staff handled this issue with quality customer service going above and beyond. Rest assured that many rooms over a weekend with family and friends gathering can be noisy in any block. Even the security guard that came to our room very late after the wedding reception was respectful offering us a place in the lobby restaurant area to continue visiting. As a former Director of Rooms for a large resort outside of Chicago, I know the importance of customer service and guest satisfaction. I highly recommend this hotel and would book a block of rooms here again. None of our guests had issues or problems. It made for a get stay and lasting memories. Thank you Team!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Regardless of the time you stay we always appreciate feedback. I am very sorry about the air conditioner not working properly. I am glad we attempted to fix, but does not sound like we actually did get that completed while you were with us. I will certainly share your comments with Dara and the Team. I am glad we were able to offer you options for your family to get together. Thank you again for the comments and we hope you will come back to visit us.
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

We spent the weekend at this Courtyard in downtown Milwaukee at the end of January. The rooms are well taken care of by the staff. Each room was comfortable and more than enough room for two people. The bed was comfortable, the TV worked as advertised, Wi-Fi worked the whole weekend with no issues whatsoever. The exercise room was a good one for a downtown hotel; treadmill, elliptical, free weights, TV and water cooler. Nice touches.

Hotel is near some excellent restaurants; casual and upscale, lots of variety. Good breakfast places within walking distance too.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy the features of the property. Always great to hear you had a good time with your family. We hope you will join us again on your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

I have stayed at many Marriott hotels for business and for personal reasons and this is the first hotel where an entire bag was taken out of my hotel room. My boyfriend and I returned from a late night movie to notice that his bag was gone and my macbook (that I hid inside his bag) was clearly gone too. I called the hotel operator and I filed a police report. Since the hotel is connected to a nearby mall, anyone from the public can wander the hotel. What surprised me even more is that the hotel DID NOT have cameras in the hallways. When I complained to upper management about why they should have cameras in the hallways, upper management did not do anything. I felt like they were avoiding my concerns on why a Marriott hotel should have video cameras in the hallway. Not only would cameras protect the guests, but it would also protect the hotel from potential liability and insurance problems.

Nevertheless, Marriott submitted my claims and after 3-weeks with following up with the claims department, they said that they denied my claim and will not reimburse me for anything.

The moral of the story is BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS HOTEL - members of the public can wander in at any time and can wander up and down the hallways and there are no cameras to protect the staff or the guests. Your bags and clothes can all very well be taken and there will be no assistance from customer service or the claims department.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2015
I appreciate your concerns regarding your stay. The Safety and Security of our guests is one of Marriott’s highest priorities. Cameras in hotel guest corridors is not an industry standard. There are far many hotels that do not have cameras in guest hallways than do have them in hallways. Considering we do not have any one to watch the cameras, we do not place them in areas that may create a false sense of security.

We have several guest room security features 1” throw deadbolt, secondary night latch and viewport along with procedures designed to prohibit unauthorized guestroom entry. If you would like to discuss this, please contact me.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!