“Items stolen at Marriott and no assistance” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Items stolen at Marriott and no assistance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at many Marriott hotels for business and for personal reasons and this is the first hotel where an entire bag was taken out of my hotel room. My boyfriend and I returned from a late night movie to notice that his bag was gone and my macbook (that I hid inside his bag) was clearly gone too. I called the hotel operator and I filed a police report. Since the hotel is connected to a nearby mall, anyone from the public can wander the hotel. What surprised me even more is that the hotel DID NOT have cameras in the hallways. When I complained to upper management about why they should have cameras in the hallways, upper management did not do anything. I felt like they were avoiding my concerns on why a Marriott hotel should have video cameras in the hallway. Not only would cameras protect the guests, but it would also protect the hotel from potential liability and insurance problems.

Nevertheless, Marriott submitted my claims and after 3-weeks with following up with the claims department, they said that they denied my claim and will not reimburse me for anything.

The moral of the story is BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS HOTEL - members of the public can wander in at any time and can wander up and down the hallways and there are no cameras to protect the staff or the guests. Your bags and clothes can all very well be taken and there will be no assistance from customer service or the claims department.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I appreciate your concerns regarding your stay. The Safety and Security of our guests is one of Marriott’s highest priorities. Cameras in hotel guest corridors is not an industry standard. There are far many hotels that do not have cameras in guest hallways than do have them in hallways. Considering we do not have any one to watch the cameras, we do not place them in areas that may create a false sense of security.

We have several guest room security features 1” throw deadbolt, secondary night latch and viewport along with procedures designed to prohibit unauthorized guestroom entry. If you would like to discuss this, please contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Marquette, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have not stayed here for 4 years. Hotel,has gone through renovations like most Marriott Courtyards and I love this place! Rooms are quiet, updated. The lobby is inviting and features the Bistro cafés that the Courtyards are doing. Has a pool and staff is very friendly. Valet parking is very reasonable and public parking is available close by if you want that instead. It is also within close walking distance to Amtrack station. Stone Creek Coffee is three blocks away (inviting place to have coffee and. Hang out) as well as Capitol Grill and The King and I thai restaurant.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel for the past 4 years. I am glad you enjoy what the hotel has to offer and that you are able to enjoy what Milwaukee has to offer. I will forward your comments to my team. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back again in the future.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We absolutely loved our stay - great location, the staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed for a late check out to allow for our tour to finish, beds were really comfortable, rooms were very spacious, the rooms were warm and comfortable and the bathroom and shower pressure was great. Highly recommend the Courtyard by Marriott!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and glad that you enjoyed your stay and the staff. When you are back in Milwaukee, we hope you see you again.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent two nights at the Courtyard last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. I've stayed at the other Marriott's in town and have been less than impressed (only choose them for free breakfast, which the Courtyard does not offer).

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown. Almost everything you want is walkable. A mall is attached providing quick access to a food court. The parking garage is also connected and the parking fees are reasonable. I spoke to a couple of front desk attendants and each one was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and had absolutely zero issues with my room.

The Courtyard really went out of its way to welcome me and my friends. I was provided a birthday card with a voucher for two free drinks upon check-in (despite not even staying in the hotel on my birthday). A bag with a bottle of water and snacks was left on my door with a nice note after the first night. That attention to detail will keep me coming back to the Courtyard for upcoming work trips in August 2015.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel face a relatively quiet park.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am glad to read that we are your Favorite Hotel in Milwaukee. I will share your comments with my team to let them know that you were very pleased with the level of service provided during your stay. Always great to hear we did a great job making your experience better. We look forward to having you back again on your next visit to Milwaukee!!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

Stayed for one night on Friday 12/26. We were greeted by the very friendly front desk supervisor and were checked in quickly. The rooms were clean and a good size! The areas by the elevator seem a little dark, but I guess no one spends a lot of time there anyway. :)
The location was very convenient, just a ten-fifteen minute walk from the restaurant we wanted to eat at in the Third Ward. I would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay. I appreciate your positive review and glad you enjoyed the friendly service provided by my Front Desk Supervisor. I will forward your comments to her. Thank you again for staying with us and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

The staff were outstandingly friendly, accommodating, and efficient. The room itself, while clean, quiet, comfortable, and adequate, was fairly ordinary. So I would say the staff—from the front desk to the bistro to the valet service—really made this a very nice stay for us. It was obvious that the staff was well-trained and adhering to a standard of excellence.The exercise room was nice, too. The bistro serves Starbucks beverages and a modest variety of foods and fruits, for a price.

I’ll mention that the facility’s lobby was kind of special; we didn’t use it but I thought the way it was set up added welcoming features. The lobby had lots of comfy seating in front of a large flat-screen TV. In that area were bookshelves with stacks of coffee-table books on a variety of subjects. This reminded me of cozy B&B living rooms. On the other side of the lobby was another grouping of seats with more stacks of books and a newspaper rack. Also computers for guests to use, plus one set up to print boarding passes. In addition, there were three semi-circular cushioned benches, each with a TV screen and remote. We did take advantage of one feature in the lobby: a huge dispenser of ice water, with our choice of fruit-infused or plain water.

Negatives during our stay were wonky WiFi and in-room heat/ac fan. Small annoyances, and we managed fine. Location is ideal for walking to downtown Milwaukee events. Self-parking in attached parking garage and valet service, each priced differently, are convenient. Valet service was super-efficient.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff and I will share those comments with my team. I will review the wifi and AC/heater in the room to ensure they are corrected. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to Milwaukee.
Mount Carmel, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night with a group of family and friends. Middle of downtown Milwaukee. Very easy check-in. We had a block of rooms that were attached and next to one another. Never requested that but management took care of it. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly (Valet guys and front desk workers). Parking was very easy and we loved the easy access to Wisconsin Avenue (through the mall). Had a GREAT time and can't wait to go back! Thank you for a GREAT time Courtyard.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit this past weekend. I will certainly share your comments with our Valet team as well as my staff. We are thrilled you enjoyed the time spent with your block of rooms. We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!