“Pleasant stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff were outstandingly friendly, accommodating, and efficient. The room itself, while clean, quiet, comfortable, and adequate, was fairly ordinary. So I would say the staff—from the front desk to the bistro to the valet service—really made this a very nice stay for us. It was obvious that the staff was well-trained and adhering to a standard of excellence.The exercise room was nice, too. The bistro serves Starbucks beverages and a modest variety of foods and fruits, for a price.

I’ll mention that the facility’s lobby was kind of special; we didn’t use it but I thought the way it was set up added welcoming features. The lobby had lots of comfy seating in front of a large flat-screen TV. In that area were bookshelves with stacks of coffee-table books on a variety of subjects. This reminded me of cozy B&B living rooms. On the other side of the lobby was another grouping of seats with more stacks of books and a newspaper rack. Also computers for guests to use, plus one set up to print boarding passes. In addition, there were three semi-circular cushioned benches, each with a TV screen and remote. We did take advantage of one feature in the lobby: a huge dispenser of ice water, with our choice of fruit-infused or plain water.

Negatives during our stay were wonky WiFi and in-room heat/ac fan. Small annoyances, and we managed fine. Location is ideal for walking to downtown Milwaukee events. Self-parking in attached parking garage and valet service, each priced differently, are convenient. Valet service was super-efficient.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff and I will share those comments with my team. I will review the wifi and AC/heater in the room to ensure they are corrected. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to Milwaukee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mount Carmel, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed on a Saturday night with a group of family and friends. Middle of downtown Milwaukee. Very easy check-in. We had a block of rooms that were attached and next to one another. Never requested that but management took care of it. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly (Valet guys and front desk workers). Parking was very easy and we loved the easy access to Wisconsin Avenue (through the mall). Had a GREAT time and can't wait to go back! Thank you for a GREAT time Courtyard.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit this past weekend. I will certainly share your comments with our Valet team as well as my staff. We are thrilled you enjoyed the time spent with your block of rooms. We look forward to having you back again in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I checked into this property a few weeks ago over my birthday weekend. The woman who checked me in was very friendly and super efficient. She informed me of the status of my rewards requests and sent me on my merry way.
Our room faced the front of the building which was perfect because the back faces a parking structure. My only complaint about the location is that we had a family next to us with a young child who cried all night. The walls are rather thin and I could hear the infant into the wee hours of the morning. Not the hotel's fault however.
The room was a King with a pullout sleeper sofa. Not huge, but not tight by any means. The linens smelled like the typical Eco-Lab products (which I LOVE!). And the room was free dust. The only thing that bothered me was a few long black hairs that were on the bathroom floor and one was even on the bathroom wall...?
All in all a great stay. Nothing over the top, but I would definitely stay again. And it's perfect if you aren't looking to spend a fortune.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review regarding your stay for your Birthday!! I am glad you enjoyed the service provided, and very sorry about the child next door not allowing you to enjoy your stay. Any noise is certainly a negative. I am very sorry about the cleanliness of the bathroom and will be addressing this. I appreciate your comments and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday evening.
Hotel is in a very good location downtown with plenty of close parking options as well as efficient valet.
Friendly staff and updated lounge areas add to a pleasant stay.
We had a suite which was very large and from the 5th floor had a nice view over the small park opposite.
As a platinum member I stay in a lot of Marriot chain hotels, this is a very good Courtyard and highly recommended.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the friendly staff and the suite. Thank you for your loyalty to the Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown and Marriott. We hope to have you back again in the future.
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Great staff, OK food, decent rooms. One thing to note is the internet at this hotel is extremely slow -- to the point where I use my 4G hotspot at night (during the day the speed is tolerable). Unfortunately Courtyard's do not offer the enhanced speed that I get at other Marriott's..

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us. I am glad the hotel service was great. I will continue to work to improve the internet speeds. Sounds like there are inconsistencies during the day depending on usage. Thank you for this great feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

It's a nice hotel but their internet service is problmatic, and purportedly incompatible with Macs. We're presently traveling with an iPhone and an MBA, and neither of our devices can hold a consistent wifi signal, either in the room or in the lobby. I inquired at reception and was told that the problem was not with the signal, but with Macs, and he gave me a number for AT&T customer service. I called, and the person at AT&T said that there is no problem with Macs, and that he was surprised that I was told that in the first place. A block down the road at the Hilton, where I'm attending a conference, I'm experiencing no connectivity issues whatsoever. It's the first time in years I've encountered such wifi problems, either in the States or abroad.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the internet in our hotel. I agree with you that internet is a very important part of traveling and staying connected. I does not matter what device, it should be able to connect. I will continue to work with our provider to ensure we continue to address this issue. I am very sorry that this caused an inconvenience for you. I do appreciate your comments so I can address this with our provider.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Our team stayed her for many weeks on business. The staff were always incredibly helpful with anything that we needed and took the time to learn each of our team members by name. One week, I came in with a cold and Vicki at the front desk took the time to bring me a bag of goodies to feel better. They also helped us with a team event by judging our Halloween costume contest. The staff at the hotel restaurant always remembered my breakfast order. Honestly, I wish I could take this group of staff everywhere I go! Hotel location is also really nice - walking distance to the Public Market, some great restaurants/bars, and the lake (if you are a runner).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
We appreciate your comments regarding you and your team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with my team and Vicki. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we hope to have you back again!!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!