“Good downtown location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Good downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday evening.
Hotel is in a very good location downtown with plenty of close parking options as well as efficient valet.
Friendly staff and updated lounge areas add to a pleasant stay.
We had a suite which was very large and from the 5th floor had a nice view over the small park opposite.
As a platinum member I stay in a lot of Marriot chain hotels, this is a very good Courtyard and highly recommended.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the friendly staff and the suite. Thank you for your loyalty to the Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown and Marriott. We hope to have you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great staff, OK food, decent rooms. One thing to note is the internet at this hotel is extremely slow -- to the point where I use my 4G hotspot at night (during the day the speed is tolerable). Unfortunately Courtyard's do not offer the enhanced speed that I get at other Marriott's..

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us. I am glad the hotel service was great. I will continue to work to improve the internet speeds. Sounds like there are inconsistencies during the day depending on usage. Thank you for this great feedback.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's a nice hotel but their internet service is problmatic, and purportedly incompatible with Macs. We're presently traveling with an iPhone and an MBA, and neither of our devices can hold a consistent wifi signal, either in the room or in the lobby. I inquired at reception and was told that the problem was not with the signal, but with Macs, and he gave me a number for AT&T customer service. I called, and the person at AT&T said that there is no problem with Macs, and that he was surprised that I was told that in the first place. A block down the road at the Hilton, where I'm attending a conference, I'm experiencing no connectivity issues whatsoever. It's the first time in years I've encountered such wifi problems, either in the States or abroad.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding the internet in our hotel. I agree with you that internet is a very important part of traveling and staying connected. I does not matter what device, it should be able to connect. I will continue to work with our provider to ensure we continue to address this issue. I am very sorry that this caused an inconvenience for you. I do appreciate your comments so I can address this with our provider.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our team stayed her for many weeks on business. The staff were always incredibly helpful with anything that we needed and took the time to learn each of our team members by name. One week, I came in with a cold and Vicki at the front desk took the time to bring me a bag of goodies to feel better. They also helped us with a team event by judging our Halloween costume contest. The staff at the hotel restaurant always remembered my breakfast order. Honestly, I wish I could take this group of staff everywhere I go! Hotel location is also really nice - walking distance to the Public Market, some great restaurants/bars, and the lake (if you are a runner).

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We appreciate your comments regarding you and your team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with my team and Vicki. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we hope to have you back again!!
Concord, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice high rise Courtyard by Marriott. Parking is next door in the garage. Updated rooms, although my room had an unappealing view on the back side of the hotel. Easy walking distance to many restaurants and downtown event facilities. Big area for breakfast. I would stay here again when in town for business.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the updated rooma dn large public space in the Bistro. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Milwaukee.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

The staff was very friendly, the valet went out of his way to assist us. The bedroom was close to the elevator, but was very quite at night. The beds were very comfortable and the price was right. Would go back again.

Room Tip: Nice location in downtown Milwaukee. Close to the river walk, also close to the lake.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay attending a wedding in Milwaukee. I will share you comments with my staff and the Valet Team for going above to help assist you. I appreciate your comments and hope you will consider us again when visiting Milwaukee!!
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

The Facts: we booked our room on the Marriott card with points so our stay was free, we stayed in a king bed suite for only one night on a Friday night.
Pros: friendly staff, modern lobby and rooms, good location and valet parking.
Cons: Breakfast is not included. Small TVs and dish satellite; so very limited channels and poor quality picture. Zero sound proofing. They were not being loud but i could hear everything they were saying and even when they used the bathroom. I also jumped every time they went in and out of the room because the heavy doors SLAM shut, which they did very often around 12am and then again at 3am.
Summary: will i go back? NO, not even if you paid me.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our renovated lobby and rooms along with the service. I am very sorry about the noise from guests slamming doors very late into the morning. In an attempt to fix the TV issues that you encountered, is there any way you can contact me to let me know the room number. Thank you in advance for your help on this. I do appreciate your feedback and will get this addressed.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!