“Nice location in downtown Milwaukee.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Public Market Package
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Concord, NC
“Nice location in downtown Milwaukee.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice high rise Courtyard by Marriott. Parking is next door in the garage. Updated rooms, although my room had an unappealing view on the back side of the hotel. Easy walking distance to many restaurants and downtown event facilities. Big area for breakfast. I would stay here again when in town for business.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The staff was very friendly, the valet went out of his way to assist us. The bedroom was close to the elevator, but was very quite at night. The beds were very comfortable and the price was right. Would go back again.

Room Tip: Nice location in downtown Milwaukee. Close to the river walk, also close to the lake.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay attending a wedding in Milwaukee. I will share you comments with my staff and the Valet Team for going above to help assist you. I appreciate your comments and hope you will consider us again when visiting Milwaukee!!
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Facts: we booked our room on the Marriott card with points so our stay was free, we stayed in a king bed suite for only one night on a Friday night.
Pros: friendly staff, modern lobby and rooms, good location and valet parking.
Cons: Breakfast is not included. Small TVs and dish satellite; so very limited channels and poor quality picture. Zero sound proofing. They were not being loud but i could hear everything they were saying and even when they used the bathroom. I also jumped every time they went in and out of the room because the heavy doors SLAM shut, which they did very often around 12am and then again at 3am.
Summary: will i go back? NO, not even if you paid me.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our renovated lobby and rooms along with the service. I am very sorry about the noise from guests slamming doors very late into the morning. In an attempt to fix the TV issues that you encountered, is there any way you can contact me to let me know the room number. Thank you in advance for your help on this. I do appreciate your feedback and will get this addressed.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The front desk made our check in quick and easy. Geremiah at the front desk was very kind, helpful, and knowledgable. Malachi and others at the valet were extremely helpful with our luggage and directions. We did not have to wait long to get our car each day/night, even when everyone was busy on Sunday morning with so many guests checking out. Tiffany in housekeeping was great, as well as the girls at the bistro! There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, but at night, after a long traveling day, the bistro had some pretty good food offerings. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay excellent. We had one room reserved and another family member had another room reserved. When we asked if it was possible to get rooms near each other, not only did they accommodate that request, they gave us connecting rooms! If we ever needed to stay in Downtown Milwaukee again, I'd definitely come back here!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank your for your comments regarding your great stay with us. I will recognize the associates you identified. I am glad you enjoyed the service and the hotel. Glad we were able to accommodate your requests for connecting rooms. It is a great options with traveling with larger groups. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will stay with us again when you are in Milwaukee!!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed just one night at this hotel and overall it was good. The valet and woman who checked us in were very friendly and welcoming. However, the hotel itself needs some updating. There were large brown water marks on the ceiling of our room from what must have been a leak. There was also a yellowish stain around the bottom of the toilet, maybe also from a leak. The worst part was that I found two ants crawling on the bed later in the day, but maybe we had brought those in on our shoes ourselves. Our room was on the second floor, facing the street so we had to keep the blinds closed the whole time cause it felt like people outside could look right into our window. Location was great though, close to the river walk and not too far walking to an area with a lot of restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Request to be on a higher floor or a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the location and service. I will review your comments with my team to ensure we get the items discussed checked to correct these issues. We recently completed a rooms renovation, however, the items you mentioned seem to have a leaking issue. I appreciate your feedback so I can address this. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will stay with us again in the future and have a much better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Nice Courtyard, rooms look like they have recently been renovated. Very Comfortable, close to restaurants...room was not ready upon check in, front desk agent handled the situation very well. Offered drinks and snacks, made my party and I feel very welcome and was apologetic. As soon as room was ready, they got us checked in. All staff were super friendly. BIG thank you to the hotel engineer that fixed my laptop bag! :) Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry your room was not available right away. Glad to hear the staff was accommodating while you waited. Always glad to hear about your experience like the Engineer assisting you to fix something for you other than something in the hotel. Glad you had a great stay. We look forward to having you back again in the future.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

The hotel was conveniently located for walking around downtown, including the river walk and the lakefront.

I rated it as 'very good' because it was clean and quiet on Friday & Saturday nights, though there wasn't anything particularly remarkable about the hotel. The customer service was acceptable, but I didn't feel like anyone went above and beyond what was necessary.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for our comments regarding your stay. I am glad you found the hotel to be quiet and clean. I will review your comments with regards to the service was just acceptable. With a little more effort we could have made a bigger impact. Thank you again and we hope to have you back again on your next visit to Milwaukee.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!