“Nice downtown hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Nice downtown hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Very nice downtown Milwaukee hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff. Valet parking was very timely and friendly. Room was clean and bed was very soft. Got a better price as we were with a wedding group.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my team and the valet staff. I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hayward, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown for two nights this past weekend and it was great. Valet and check-in were very speedy and courteous. I was a little nervous after reading some reviews on here about the view from the rooms, but we lucked out and our room faced Michigan Ave. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. We definitely didn't have any complaints about the noise level, but we were on the fourth floor and I used to live in Milwaukee so I'm pretty used to the noise. This hotel also is at a prime location. Although the Grand Avenue Mall isn't what it used to be, there is a small food court, a Walgreens, and some department stores for any last minute items you need to pick up. Only cons: Had some issue connecting the the wi-fi when we first arrived, but was able to connect later during our stay. Would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Not sure if you can, but request room facing Michigan Ave (has nice view of the park). Valet your c...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you had a great experience. Sorry that you had a challenge connecting to the internet early in your stay. I am glad you enjoy the location as well. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We booked adjoining rooms at this hotel so that our kids could have their own room. The hotel was very accommodating honoring our request. Once we arrived, we were greeted with the kindest reception professionals and the lobby was beautiful. The design is modern, including a tastefully finished lobby, sitting area and bar. The rooms were equally fresh with their design and they were very clean! It's in walking distance to many of Milwaukee's downtown attractions. I highly recommend this place -- especially for families who appreciate adjoining rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am glad you enjoyed the adjoining rooms along with the newly remodeled guest rooms. I am glad you enjoyed Milwaukee and our location to the many activities. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Here are my cons:
- wireless internet is very poor in the rooms (Ihave stayed here 3 times in the last month and everytime was the same poor service)
- getting to the garage from the hotel is a pain (when I have breakfast in my hands, its hard to get through all the key locked doors to the garage. It isn't even protecting the garage having these key card access doors as anyone can walk/park in the garage)
- the room views are quite poor (nothing the hotel can do about this though)
- the TVs in the room are smaller than normal and are low to the ground

Here are my pros:
- good value for the location (short walk to where you want to go)
- rooms are spacious
- hotel associates are very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Rooms facing South have a better view outside
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time to complete feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that the internet was poor on your visits. If you can advise me on what exactly you were experiencing, that would help me work with support to see what might be corrected. I do understand that parking can be a little challenging. We do have the doors unlocked if we have meetings during the day, however, they are locked outside of that happening. I am glad you liked the room, service and the location. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will visit us again if you continue to be in Milwaukee.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I recommend this hotel if you are staying in downtown Milwaukee. It is clean offers a gym and pool and mini restaurant open until 10 PM daily. It near a lot of restaurants and it is connected to the mall which has sky bridges so you can avoid the cold Wisconsin winters.

• Stayed July 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your response regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel services. Don' t hear talks of winter in July, but I guess that is something we can't avoid. I appreciate your comments. See you in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

There are some things you're stuck with as far as architecture and construction is concerned. But, I never imagined that the doors slamming from far down the hall would rattle the pictures in my room and that I could recite the conversation that was happening in the next room. I was also shocked to find a fiberglass shower stall and even more discouraged when it took at least 7 minutes to get warmish water in the shower. I needed a refrigerator or some ice for some beverages and food. The ice machine nearest to me was out of order. I went one floor up and found that machine was also out of order. We did discover that there was a fridge in the room - apparently from the room refrigerator museum as it was at least 10 - 15 years old, dirty and unplugged. The bed was too soft and the towels were worn and thin. Location is abysmal and interactive map in lobby did not respond to inquiries. Towels were old and thin. Bed was too soft and one person couldn't get out of the bed without shaking the other person awake. Overall a bad experience and I won't be going back.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am very sorry that you did not have the experience you were expecting. I am very sorry for the many room issues and will be reviewing all of your concerns with my team. If you could contact me at cy.mkedt.gm@marriott.com so I can get the room that you stayed so I can get these items taken care of. I am sorry that we were not able to correct these issues when you stayed in the hotel. I appreciate your time in advance to help me get this corrected.
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

First thoughts were the reviews I read stated clean rooms and good location so we booked on that. First impression was garbage at entrance, bottles and papers, but knowing it is summerfest time it was excusable.. Day 2 all the garbage still remained, inexcusable ..checked in and lobby was fine..clean and updated.....room was clean but it all went down hill from there. window in the room was over looking the garbage,,,i had read a review on here that another person had posted on this issue..well its ugly but that is not the huge problem...at 5:06 am when they come to empty the dumpster is the issue....it sounded like the building was being imploded...then came the seagulls to eat the garbage... then came the semi with the motor running for an hour then came the second dumpster emptying....its ridiculous!! There is no sleep to be had after this point of 5 am...manager relocated us to the front and it helped the dumpster issues, but there are other issues that we had....I would not touch the pool with a ten foot pole. If they can not clean one window from the lobby doors to the pool glass how can the keep the hot tub clean? The shower had mold and did not drain.. the internet did not work... the dryer in the room was broken.... and t he mattress sagged. The morning cleaning crew bangs doors entering in and out ......the walls are thin so we heard the people next to us laughing until 3 am....just to many things to over look. No sleep to be had in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel you must request a room that does not look over the back side...I believe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience in our hotel. I will review this with my team to make sure we focus on your comments. This experience is very concerning and will work to get these corrected. I would like to speak with you directly regarding your stay and, if you have a chance to contact me at cy.mkedt.gm@marriott.com. Please accept my apology.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!