“Pretty solid” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Pretty solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I recommend this hotel if you are staying in downtown Milwaukee. It is clean offers a gym and pool and mini restaurant open until 10 PM daily. It near a lot of restaurants and it is connected to the mall which has sky bridges so you can avoid the cold Wisconsin winters.

• Stayed July 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your response regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel services. Don' t hear talks of winter in July, but I guess that is something we can't avoid. I appreciate your comments. See you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

There are some things you're stuck with as far as architecture and construction is concerned. But, I never imagined that the doors slamming from far down the hall would rattle the pictures in my room and that I could recite the conversation that was happening in the next room. I was also shocked to find a fiberglass shower stall and even more discouraged when it took at least 7 minutes to get warmish water in the shower. I needed a refrigerator or some ice for some beverages and food. The ice machine nearest to me was out of order. I went one floor up and found that machine was also out of order. We did discover that there was a fridge in the room - apparently from the room refrigerator museum as it was at least 10 - 15 years old, dirty and unplugged. The bed was too soft and the towels were worn and thin. Location is abysmal and interactive map in lobby did not respond to inquiries. Towels were old and thin. Bed was too soft and one person couldn't get out of the bed without shaking the other person awake. Overall a bad experience and I won't be going back.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am very sorry that you did not have the experience you were expecting. I am very sorry for the many room issues and will be reviewing all of your concerns with my team. If you could contact me at cy.mkedt.gm@marriott.com so I can get the room that you stayed so I can get these items taken care of. I am sorry that we were not able to correct these issues when you stayed in the hotel. I appreciate your time in advance to help me get this corrected.
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

First thoughts were the reviews I read stated clean rooms and good location so we booked on that. First impression was garbage at entrance, bottles and papers, but knowing it is summerfest time it was excusable.. Day 2 all the garbage still remained, inexcusable ..checked in and lobby was fine..clean and updated.....room was clean but it all went down hill from there. window in the room was over looking the garbage,,,i had read a review on here that another person had posted on this issue..well its ugly but that is not the huge problem...at 5:06 am when they come to empty the dumpster is the issue....it sounded like the building was being imploded...then came the seagulls to eat the garbage... then came the semi with the motor running for an hour then came the second dumpster emptying....its ridiculous!! There is no sleep to be had after this point of 5 am...manager relocated us to the front and it helped the dumpster issues, but there are other issues that we had....I would not touch the pool with a ten foot pole. If they can not clean one window from the lobby doors to the pool glass how can the keep the hot tub clean? The shower had mold and did not drain.. the internet did not work... the dryer in the room was broken.... and t he mattress sagged. The morning cleaning crew bangs doors entering in and out ......the walls are thin so we heard the people next to us laughing until 3 am....just to many things to over look. No sleep to be had in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel you must request a room that does not look over the back side...I believe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience in our hotel. I will review this with my team to make sure we focus on your comments. This experience is very concerning and will work to get these corrected. I would like to speak with you directly regarding your stay and, if you have a chance to contact me at cy.mkedt.gm@marriott.com. Please accept my apology.
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were here for business and were also renting a conference room from the facility.

The staff managing the conference facilities were great. We had a lot of requests and were probably irritating them. They smiled anyway and helped us in every way. The pricing was also reasonable compared to other conference facilities.

The lobby was lovely and clearly had been redone recently. Staff were fairly friendly there, too.

All in all a nice place. Frankly, for Milwaukee (see my other review of the Ramada), this was a step up from the rest.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding the service provided. Glad to hear you had a successful business meeting at our hotel. I am glad to hear the Manager of your event did a great job. We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you host another meeting in the future.
Kew, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am a business traveller and had the misfortune of staying at this hotel.

Positives:
+ Free internet with decent speeds.

Negatives:
- Very expensive( I paid ~250 USD per night)
- no continental breakfast available
- No minibar!
- No letter pads/envelops in the room
- No minimum cutlery(spoons/fork/knife)
- Water cooker that takes about 1 hour to WARM half a liter of water, forget about boiling water for a cup of coffee or tea
- Expensive parking and is a 3 minute walk away from the hotel
- Old rooms
- Very ordinary service/desire to address some of my basic concerns mentioned above.

For a hotel that charges the kind of money it does, this hotel is an absolute disgrace.Avoid staying here unless you want to experience misery.I would have expected the hotel staff to address at least some of the basic issues, but the seemed not really interested.

Stay at the brand new Marriott, that is just a 10 minute walk away.

Best
Dee

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your response to your stay. I am not sure if you are familiar with the Courtyard Brand. Many of the comments regarding services or items not met, we do not offer. I can understand how we did not meet your expectation based upon your note. We did recently completed a rooms renovation within the past 6 months. Sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My stay here was ok - not fantastic. This hotel is dated and can do with a renovation. I think part of the problem was that we went to this hotel after the Trump, so it was lacking in more ways than one. The staff was courteous, the hotel clean enough, but the ambiance just was not there. It was just a hotel room; no frills. We were supposedly in downtown Milwaukee, but you could not tell by the bare roads.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I understand if we might not match up with a Trump Hotel, but from a service perspective, we do have high expectations and glad our service was courteous and the hotel clean. Comparing the two might be a little tough based upon the outlets activities. Sorry you did not feel like the ambiance was not what you expected. We have made many changes from a new lobby and guest rooms renovated in the past 3-4 months. We appreciate your comments.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had a very nice stay this weekend. Very helpful front desk staff and valet team. They were all helpful. The room was comfortable and clean, Convenient downtown location. My only issue is the wifi was flaky and although open, hard to connect to. I wish they would upgrade it. Otherwise great place.

Stayed June 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am glad you found the hotel enjoyable the service at the front desk along with the location. I am sorry about the wifi internet connection was not easy to connect too. If you can email me regarding the specific issues connecting or maintaining a connection, I can better research the issue. Thank you for staying with us!! I look forward to hearing from you. cy.mkedt.gm@marriott.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!