“Nice hotel with good location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Public Market Package
Ranked #29 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
“Nice hotel with good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here twice now in the last two months. This hotel is located close to the Historic Third Ward which is one of our favorite areas to walk around and grab some food. It is connected to a crappy mall, but still convenient for some stuff. Free parking on the weekends right across the street as well make this a great place to stay. Hotel is decorated nicely in lobby and has a pool which is great for kids. Friendly staff too.

Stayed May 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your past visits with us. I am glad you enjoy the location, pool and staff. I certainly appreciate your comments and will review them with my team. I hope you will visit us again when you are back in Milwaukee!!

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saint Paul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I traveled here last weekend for a couple of friend's wedding. It was a great location, nearby a number of great bars and the Bradley Center. Staff was very polite and the hotel was very clean. The only downfall was the cost of parking. We luckily got a great deal on the hotel with the "group rate" through the wedding party, but I don't think I would have stayed here if I had to pay a higher rate and then another $20 for parking for a night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the location to easily experience Milwaukee. Yes, the downtown hotels do have parking fees. Our hotel costs are on the lower end of the scale. We offer self parking for $18 and valet parking for $20-23 depending on weekday and weekend. Thank you for your comments and look forward to having you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The location is perfect for Milwaukee. The hotel itself is your run of the mill Marriott Courtyard. The prices are usually highly competitive. It is walking distance to all the stadiums (except Brewers) and the main downtown attractions. It has a pool and exercise room. Very good family hotel. Good for gatherings and bigger groups too

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay. You are correct we are not in walking distance to Miller Park, however, there are plenty of ways to get to the Game. We are located in the heart of Milwaukee to many restaurants and attractions. We do offer the indoor pool as well as the exercise room and have completed our renovation of our guest rooms. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was very interesting, because it seemed to be recently re-done, but there were parts of it that were still old and needed work. The pool area for instance was pretty shabby. My husband, son, and I traveled to Milwaukee for a weekend getaway. Our plan was to swim a lot, but after seeing the pool, we never ventured in. The people at the front desk were nice and welcoming.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Yes we recently remodeled our guest rooms and have completed the lobby/public space including the exercise room. We will be putting some attention to the pool area in the next few weeks. I have not heard any comments from guests stating it would not be un-wecloming I am very sorry you felt this way. Hopefully, you can enjoy the pool area the next time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I were going to be in town overnight after a Brewer game, and booked this hotel after having a positive experience at a Courtyard in Baltimore. Downtown Milwaukee did not disappoint! We were celebrating our 1 year anniversary, which I told the front desk when we checked in. We were given a "nicer" room, which was extrememly spacious, and located at the end of a hallway. It was wonderful, and very quiet. We were surprised in the morning with a nice card and two certificates for free breakfast in the Bistro! A wonderful touch. The room and the hallways were very clean, carpet smelled new. Would definitely make a return trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the Business upgrade, or a room at the end of a hall!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Congratulations on your anniversary. I am glad that my staff stepped up to the plate and delivered for you. Hope you had fun at the Brewer Game and hope you will be coming back again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Fairfield downtown (a block away) is nicer, cleaner and newer. Service is no worse at the Fairfield. Better lobby at Fairfield and breakfast is free in the AM. I will be skipping this hotel in the future. Rates at both are very similar. Check out both before booking

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. It would be helpful to know exactly what you may have experienced so I can work with my team to make improvements. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. If there is any chance you can contact me that would be great. Phone number is 414-291-4122.
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have come to expect a good bed and if not new, a recently remodeled room when I stay at Courtyards. The lobby is nice, but the rooms at this Courtyard need to be updated. The furniture is old and the beds are just a bit worn. Just not quite up to snuff for a Courtyard. More like a Fairfield, if that makes sense to you. Front desk staff were very nice. Location very good. We used the valet parking, which was okay. $20 unlimited in/out. Next time if the weather is nice I would just park it myself for $18 and avoid having to ring for (and tip) the Parking attendant each time we wish to use the car. Really enjoyed the city!

Stayed March 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I appreciate your feedback on the lobby as well as the rooms. We are within about 1 week of completing a 2 Million Dollar Rooms Renovation. Possibly you were in a room which had some dated furniture in it. We are working on replacing the furniture in the last floor by the end of next week. Hopefully, you will be able to come back and see in the improvement. Thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!