“Reasonably priced for its awesome location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #31 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
London, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced for its awesome location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

right by the riverside, in the middle of downtown, close to the highway and the main eating joints, this hotel is a good combination of location & services. Marriot is famous for its genuine services and this one also does not go away from it. Perfect for a business trip or even for a personal trip. Choose a higher floor for a better view of the river and the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked our location, however, we do not loverlook the Milwaukee River. We are located centrally to downtown. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the service. We hope to have you back again .

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were spending a couple of days in Milwaukee. The staff was very helpful getting us set up with restaurant information, local details about walking vs. cabbing, and a few other off the grid type questions we asked. This property is a couple of blocks from the river, and a very easy walk to the Milwaukee Market and shopping area. The room was clean, and the hotel was quite even with construction going on across the park. Good value for the weekend rate.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is on Michigan, so it can be noisy with street traffic. If this concerns you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and that my staff was helpful assisting you with directions to different locations during your stay. I am not sure of construction in front of the hotel. Possibly this was the lights being set up by our city. We certanly appreciate your business and hope to have you back again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at this property as it was the chosen hotel for our nephew's wedding weekend. The building itself is quite beautiful. The rooms are adequately comfortable and vary a bit in size depending on the physical location. We had two rooms, one king which was a bit small. The other room, for our daughters, was a double which had quite a bit more room. We did have a few small issues; Our rooms were't ready at check-inThe buffet breakfast was good, though not great and there was some confusion as to the fact that it was supposed to be included with our room rate. Getting the issues solved didn't seem as simple as it should have been, perhaps it was because the hotel was newly opened, but the staff was quite friendly and tried to be as helpful as possible.
Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am very glad you enjoyed the hotel. I am very sorry the room was not ready when you had expected. I apologize we did not seem to be able to work through the breakfast confusion with the group. I agree it should have been quite simple. I will work through this with my leadership team on our weekly meeting. I hope to have you back again in the future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We originally had reservations at a different marriott property, but they were oversold and they bumped us here. Took a little while to check in because there were several people in the lobby (a lot happening on a Saturday night), but they were waiting for us and the room and parking were comped!

We loved the convenience of the attached shopping center and the Starbucks/bistro. Enjoyed a cocktail before we went to the hotels recommended steakhouse for dinner. The one thing that would have made our stay better was to have a fridge in the room, but that wasn't a deal breaker. Overall, a very nice stay!

• Stayed September 2013
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am glad we were able to help out one of our other Mariott Properties. I am glad you enjoyed the Bistro for cocktails before going to to dinner. Sorry it took a bit to get you into the hotel on a busy weekend. Glad you liked the location and our hotel. Thank you for your comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm beginning to feel like all I do is rate Marriott properties, but we are Marriott reward members so we pretty much stay exclusively at Marriott properties. This hotel was quite pleasant with a good location. Very easy to walk to downtown restaurants and a small shopping mall attached to the property. This was very convenient because we didn't have a car. The staff was very helpful with directions and great in recommending places downtown to eat. The food area in the hotel was small, but quite efficient and offered a very nice assortment of breakfast and sandwich type items. That space then served as a bar in the evening offering beer, wine and full bar services. That was a nice surprise. My only complaint was that we couldn't get the wifi to work on our iPhones or iPads in our room. Even though our equipment showed we were connected to the wifi the only place we could receive or send mail was from the lobby area. That was very annoying. Other than that, this hotel was very comfortable and offered a very pleasant stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel on your recent stay with us. I am glad you like the hotels services and our location to many activities in Milwaukee. I am sorry about the wifi. If you were connected to the wifi in the lobby and you were in your room, you were probably too far away to receive a strong signal. In order to receive internet from the Guest rooms we have a Guest Rooms wifi that you would need to sign up as well to ensure proper strength of signal. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Milwaukee.
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here the 4 nights of the H-D 110th Celebration and the hotel staff was exceptional. We ordered food from the Bistro many times and the food and service was great. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing each night after riding the bike all day.The beds and pillows were very comfortable with the only drawbacks being the thermostat would only go down to 65 degrees F and wouldn't kick in till around 75 degrees F so that made it a little uncomfortable a couple of the nights and the bathroom and sink area is pretty small. The other drawback was the parking garage was two city blocks down the road so that made my girlfriend feel a little leary on our walks back to the hotel each late night.

Room Tip: ask for a room that over looks Michigan Avenue otherwise there is no view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay during the 110th Harley Davidson Event. I am glad you enjoyed the Bistro and the pool/whirlpool. I am very sorry about the thermostat. We do have some settings to not allow it out of a range, but it is pretty wide. I agree the parking was a little challenging, bu having the bikes underground to me seemed like the best offer from a safety standpoint. I am glad you enjoyed your time in Milwaukee and hope to have you back again on your next ride.
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Really nice rooms ... Enjoyed the cafe and the casual atmosphere of the lobby for a Starbuck's and breakfast sandwich or some really good oatmeal! Staff were exceptionql from the valet parking guys thru the desk staff. Better than average equipment in the fitness center!

Room Tip: This hotel is walking distance to "the 3rd Ward" ... Highly recommend "Cafe Benelux&q...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your room, the cafe, lobby and Starbucks. I will share your comments with my staff and valet company. I am glad they provided exceptional service. Thank you for your comments and look forward to having you back again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!