“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Lombard, Illinois
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Upon pulling upbringing hotel we had a choice of either paking the car ourselves or valet. Both were at a cost. Lobby is very modern. Checking in was very quick. Room was very clean and spacious. Didn't use the pool, but I checked it out seemed pretty nice. The only draw back is the Bistro in the hotel was opened longer enough to get any breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you like the new lobby. I will review our hours during the Holiday Week to seea bout adjusting in the future. Thank you for that suggestion. We hope to have you back again in the future.

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed with a group for a wedding. The lobby had been redone with the restaurant/café. Our rooms were not updated at this time. Looking a bit worn. The front desk staff was friendly but not very well trained. We had several questions and every time the person at the front desk had to go to the shift manager.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I am very sorry your felt my front desk was not well trained. Not what I typically hear. Not sure why my staff would need to get assistance from a Manager. Please accept my apologies. I do appreciate your comments and will share them with my team to make sure we improve upon this.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Bought our hotel on Priceline. This always scares me a bit as sometimes, we have received substandard rooms when doing this (next to an elevator, ice machine, etc.) at some hotels.
Not here. Nice hotel, decent location (by Grand Ave Mall). MUCH nicer rooms than Hilton or Hyatt. Walking distance to many things, short cab ride to Water Street.
GREAT service at the desk. No issues. Clean. Quiet. Spacious, updated rooms.
VERY pleased!

Room Tip: We were on top floor. VERY quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are glad you stayed with us. I am glad you felt you received the room you were expecting. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff service. We are close to many attractions which is certainly a plus. Thank you for your comments and we hope to have you back again.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place is terrible. The nice staff is the only redeeming feature. I also liked the breakfast in the lobby. The lobby is nice but if you look around the furniture is pretty dirty. The hallways needed to be cleaned. We had a room overlooking a park-nice view but very noisy. Other family members had a room overlooking a rooftop that reeked of smoke. Our room had a tiny vanity that made getting ready very difficult. They also had a coffee pot on the vanity. I always think that is gross. Who wants coffee from a sink area where people have been brushing their teeth, shaving, etc..... Room was very dated and depressing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Please accept my apologies. I will certainly review your comments with my leadership team and staff to address these issues. I do appreciate your comments to help us improve in the future.
Prospect Heights,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Milwaukee Downtown in March. The manager and his staff were extremely cordial. The newly renovated lobby is very nice. The addition of a food counter and a bar were good ideas. I also like the fact that it is located in a mall, and is within walking distance of most of the places I visit when in town. The pool area and fitness center are well maintained as is the business center.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying on a higher floor. The hotel faces Michigan Street which has quite a bit if...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review even though you stayed in March. I appreciate your time to post a response on our behalf. I am glad you enjoyed the new lobby/restaurant. I look forward to having you back again in the future.
Woodridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I ended up staying at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown for a friends wedding that I stood up in. No complaints about the facility overall. The location is a convenient walk to a lot of stuff in the downtown Milwaukee area. Rooms were what I would expect of a hotel, nothing amazing, but nothing terrible either. The lobby was nicely renovated and the pool area was a relaxing stop during a hectic wedding weekend. Overall, a good stay in the Milwaukee area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your response regarind your stay for your friends wedding. I hope you had a great time at the wedding. I am glad you liked our lobby and pool area and we hope to have you back again in you visit Milwaukee again.
Trevor, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently staying at the Courtyard Marriot Downtown Milwaukee. The staff was friendly, professional and took care of all our needs during our stay. The lobby is hip, modern and clean. The room we stayed in was nicely appointed and perfectly maintained. We utilized the valet service and they also took care of our vehicle and had it promptly ready when we left. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it and will defiantly be staying there again. This is obviously a well managed facility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your reivew from your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff and will share your comments with our Valet Company as well. I appreciate your comments and hope to have you back again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!