“Good Location for Festivals” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #32 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Location for Festivals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This would be a great location to stay for all of the summer festivals! This property has been updated and is attached to a mall downtown. The mall looks to have seen better days and I only really used it to cut through to restaurants down town. My one frustration with the property is the very confusing way the television directory worked. Had to scroll through stations to get to the news vs putting in channel and getting it directly. Good value and nice property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. Speaking of Summer Festivals, we are not far away and certainly ready to get past this Spring. I am very sorry about the Remote/TV. It sounds like the remote may not have been working properly. You should be able to punch in the number to get to a particular channel. We hope to have you back this summer for the Festivals.

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed in this establishment with highly successful results. Both times, any patron could tell that customer service is a priority. The location is great, we were in town for Brewers games, and the pub around the corner ran a shuttle to the ballpark. I'd forgotten my razor, and they ran one up with shaving cream within minutes. My only comments, which I hate to make because they are so nice and the rates are so reasonable is that the walls seem pretty thin and the bathrooms seem fairly outdated. I don't care that much about the bathroom, but when you stay at other Marriott properties, or in different cities, the difference is just there. We were in a room on the 6th floor, and we could hear conversation in the next room, distinctly. The hotel bar is nice and the cafe they have seems great but we didn't use it. I would definitely stay here again, so long as they keep their prices competitive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay, location and customer service provided. Glad we were able to provide you with amentities you were missing. Have not heard much about noise in my many years on property. We have been in the process of working on several of the bathrooms and will be scheduling our room renovation towards the end of the year. Glad you like the lobby and Bistro look even though you did not partake. We hope to have you back again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As you walk into the hotel you see the very nice lobby full of people. It did take a while to be checked in but patience is a virtue. The room we stayed in was decent size with the view of the main street. We decide to take a swim in the pool but couldn't really get in. There was a lot of kids and families. So then we decide to go to the gym. Remember this hotel is located right next to the mall and there hallway is connected to the hotel lobby. In order for you to get to the gym/fitness center you have to walk down the hall way towards the mall. The location of the fitness center is kind of odd.
In the middle of the night we got a little hungry and called the front desk but was disappointed to hear that there was no room service after 10pm. They suggested we called a pizza place that delivers to your hotel room. The pizza was actually pretty good.
The next day we wake up get to get ready to check out. Of course we got hungry. I called to see if they have breakfast and see if they can deliver it to our room. They said they don’t deliver the food to any room. They said we had to go downstairs to the actually restaurant to eat breakfast.
Staff is friendly but really disappointed that they didn't have room service or breakfast in bed. If you want a quiet hotel to relax I don’t recommend this place. there was a lot of families and really noisy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am sorry that you were a little disappointed in some of the amentities in our hotel. When our lobby was renovated, we were able to increase the size of the exercise room but needed to move it around the corner from the front desk. I am sorry that we do not offer room service. We do offer several options for you. There are 2 companies that deliver to our hotel and you room and you can charge directly to your hotel bill. During our Bistro operation in the evening we will deliver to your room for you, however, this was after hours. Please accept my apologies for not being able to accommodate your requests. I am sorry that the pool area was busy during the time you were looking to use the facility. I certainly appreciate your comments regarding your stay and thank you.
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very updated hotel and great location to Pabst Theater. Nice room and comfortable beds. Close to local bars and restaurants. We were able to walk everywhere and large parking garage. Staff was very friendly and helpful on recommending places to eat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you liked the location, the room/bedding and that the staff was friendly. Sounds like a good trip. I appreciate your comments and we hope you will come back to visit when you attend another event in Milwaukee.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here 2 night this week on business. Location is fantastic, close to downtown business and attractions. Lobby area has been updated like other Courtyard's which is great. Rooms are a little tired decor-wise and shows its years of use - Needs updated. If you want a view, be sure to ask for a room that faces the front. The back overlooks a loading dock and the noise of garbage trucks is prevalent in the morning. Valet team was outstanding. I left my phone in the car, and they had no problem running to get it on a VERY cold and blustery day. Small pet peeve thing with housekeeping, soap, shampoo and coffee was not replenished on day two of the stay.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the new lobby space. I am sorry the room was not meet your expectations and noise from the local trucks. I will have my engineer speak with the Waste Management company to ensure they are not coming before 7am. That is in our understanding. Please accept my apologies. I will let our Valet Company know that you appreciated their service provided. I fully agree with you when it comes to replenishing supplies in the room. I will review this with my Housekeeping Staff to let them know this is very critical to our guests stay. Thank you again for your feedback. I will address these issues with my team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed one night at this property to visit the Harley Davidson Factory. Rooms were ok, Clean and good for one night. Disappointed that the hotel does not accommodate motorcycles as the other hotels do around the factory. They wanted to charge $20+ for us to park the MC down the road. Staff was not the upbeat typical staff at a Marriott. Service for breakfast was VERY slow.

Room Tip: Better to be high up and back of hotel as street noise is loud
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am glad you liked our location. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I am shocked you were informed you would have to pay $20 for MC parking. Our Parking Company offers discounted parking for $6. I am very sorry about the staff not being the expected Marriott Staff. I will certainly review this with my front desk as well as the Restaurant Staff. Thank you again for the feedback.
Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Courtyards are my go-to hotel brand and this one does not disappoint. Staff was very helpful and location was close to shopping and restaurants. One minor ding was the parking situation where I had to pay $20 to park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your loyalty to Courtyard. I am glad you find out location great for shopping and restaurants. Regarding parking, there are a few options. Self parking is $15, Valet is $18 for weekend and $20 weekday. There are some surface lots that charge $7-12 within a few blocks of the hotel.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!