“Reliable Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Reliable Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

First of all, people who have not traveled the Milwaukee airport area recently should check their maps!! A major rebuild of the I-94/I-43/I-894 interchange has resulted in significant routing changes. Just pay attention to the signs, your memory will NOT serve you well in this area.

One of the reasons that we continue to prefer Hampton Inns are the reliabily high quality of the properties nation-wide.

This Hampton is one of the older style hampton properties. To Hampton's credit most important things are well kept regardless if the hotel is new or old. Our worst complaints are the window curtains are average at best in blocking light from the parking lots, and the towels are getting thin. But the price is right for a well located hotel, with airport shuttle, and only 15 minutes drive to downtown, with excellent highway access wherever you are going in Southeastern Wisconsin.

The pool area is quite nice, and the pool water was a nice temperature for kids swimming. This is not a water park, just a pool, but still fun for the kids.

As expected, the staff are excellent in all regards.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I apologize for any inconveniences you may have had during your stay with us! We greatly appreciate the feedback. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy some of the amenities of the hotel, as well as checkout downtown! We hope to have you back with an even more pleasant stay! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Blairstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

They leave a rubber duckie for you in the tub! Honest they do! This review is a pain and I will never do another one because they insist you use 200 characters. This is bogus and absolutely ridiculous. But, who in their right mind uses trip advisor anyway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Despite your trouble with this review, I really do appreciate that you took the time to complete one for us! It definitely helps us out a lot. It lets us know the pros and cons of our hotel, and staff. Thank you! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again, and yes the duckies will still be here!
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was stuck in Milwaukee when my flight was cancelled and needed a place to stay. The Hampton staff was very understanding and gave me a good room at a good price. The shuttle picked me up promptly and the drive is the nicest guy. My room was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was good. They dropped me back off at the airport the next day. All in all it was a good respite from my travel woes. I'll stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! We really do appreciate it. I am happy that despite the issues with your airline, we were still able to accomodate your stay with us! We hope to have you back soon! Thank you.
Menasha, WI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hotel is good, $89 rate is good, shares shuttle with Hilton Garden, upon our return, the phone to the shuttle didn't work, we took a cab, hotel reimbursed us for the cab without hassle, but this shouldn't have happened

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I send my sincerest apologies for the miscommunication with the shuttle upon your return. The number to call is the direct line to the hotel, and I apologize if you were unable to reach us. However, I am very glad that we were able to reimburse you! You are absolutley correct, this should not have happened, and I will make sure that it does not again. I would hope that you would give us another chance to make things right. I hope to see you soon, and again i apologize for the inconveniences you had duing your stay with us!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel is nice, everyone we met was very helpful and nice. The breakfast could be much better. Biscuits and gravy were cold, eggs were runny. No one was around to refill or clean the area. The tables were dirty and garbage overflowing. We did not eat there the 2nd morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
I send my sincerest apologies for all your inconveniences during your stay with us! I could only hope that you give us a second chance to make this right. I can offer you a VIP Pass that would allow you to stay one free night! Please contact us if you have not done so already. Again, I apologize for this and I can assure you it will not happen again.
Cedar Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The room was very clean, the mattress delightful, & when I returned from my trip, the van driver started my car & let me sit in the van while the car warmed up for a few minutes. -3 degrees outside, so that was GREATLY appreciated.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It's the little things that matter! Here at the Hampton I can assure you that the treatment you shall recieve will always be of great quality. Hope you had a safe trip home and remember, you are always more than welcome to come back home!
St. Joseph, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Air banging away in duct system the entire time I was there, complained to two different staffers and same answer "Yea, a LOT of people complain about that"...well if you are aware of it..FIX IT! Was embarrassed to complain again, but the room above me had loud banging for hours, running back and forth, and was assured they would "settle down soon" THAT is CUSTOMER SERVICE????

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you bringing the issue with the air ducts near your room to our attention. We've ensure that our maintenance team is aware of this and are working to resolve it. Thank you again!

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!