“Service with a Smile” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, United States
“Service with a Smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The location of this hotel was wonderful for easy access to the airport or the freeway downtown. I truly appreciated the pleasant personalities of all of the staff members that I encountered during my stay. The hotel was nice and clean, but the friendliness of the staff far outweighed the appearance of the hotel. I am happy to have chosen such a place and would be more than willing to revisit should I pass through that way again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Our location is indeed convenient. Not only are we close to downtown and the freeway entrance, but many great dining places as well. It is our goal to treat our guests with hospitality, and I am pleased that you were treated so. I will be looking forward to seeing you again!

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Murrieta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great place to stay! Everything in the room was clean, nice and comfortable. We have two more stays booked for this month alone. We will stay here again! The breakfast was tasty and there were many choices for all tastes. The beds were comfortable and I loved the lap desk.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. This truly is helpful. It allows us to see what we are doing right and what we can improve on. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am more than pleased to have you stay with us again. I am also happy that the room was accomodating and the breakfast was good. See you soon!
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

That's the first thing you notice about this rehabbed Inn: service. The staff is very friendly and is quick to offer you a cold bottle of water when you check-in plus every morning at breakfast. The breakfast includes hot items, but it is still not as good as going to a real breakfast place. BTW, it IS much better than eating breakfast at a fast food place or ordinary chain.
The rooms are comfortable with the sometimes absent amenities, such as real drawers for clothes, desk, ample outlets for charging STUFF, a couch, extra blankets and plenty of pillows (at least in my king size room). The TV carries sufficient channels including 2 HBO's.
There's a pool, sauna, workout room and two available computers. They were upgraded while I was there so some glitches had to be worked out. The staff may, like many hotels, be from all over so I would not say they were very knowledgeable about directions or area sites and restaurants. Being very close to the airport makes it popular with the business traveler with some very early flights waking the rest of us. And, since the airport needs space, there is not much around the Inn, but travel to downtown by car is about ten minutes without traffic back up.

Room Tip: Never stay on the first floor of any motel or inn unless you have no choice. Bring your own pillow...
Green Features: Only changes towels if you leave them on the floor. But, they CHANGE SHEETS AND COVERLETS DAILY. I found this comforting (if you excuse the pun).
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I apologize for your your inconveniences during your stay with us. The amenities of this hotel are accomodating and I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of them. The issue with the TV was that there was a fued with Time Warner Cable and NBC, so there were some issues, and again I apologize about that. Our staff here does it's best to try and accomodate the guest with anything including directions. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to explain where certain things are around the area, therefore we are able to provide you with a map. There is a lot of construction going on in the express wqay, so we try our best to route in the best direction. As for the new computers, there have been some technical difficulties, but please don't hesitate to ask our front desk staff for help. Keep up the reviews, thety really help! Thank you.
Gwinn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I would recommend this hotel chain. The staff was friendly upon check-in and quickly assigned our room and provided an ice cold water for each of us. Once we received our pass she assured if we lose it and get locked out just let her know. We proceeded to our room via the elevator which I was relieved it smelled good and was clean. Unlike some other experiences at prior hotels while crossing the country. The room was fantastic. We tried the pool and laid about in the jacuzzi. It was fun. The only down side with the breakfast was cold and not very appealing. But we were offered breakfast bags to take with us. What an excellent idea, I loved it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad that your experience with us was pleasant. I am happy that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities around the hotel. I do however apologize for your inconvenience with the breakfast, and I am glad that the staff was able to accomodate you. I hope to see you soon, and bring as many people as you'd like!
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel has a friendly staff, a comfortable lobby, nice rooms and is conveniently located near the Milwaukee Airport. Plenty of free parking and I overhead the desk clerk explaining the "park and fly" option to a guest, which sounded like a great deal. I was welcomed warmly and as a Hilton Diamond member and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high room away from the elevator. I didn't get it, in this case, but had a n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Our location is one of the many reasons why our guest's love to stay with us. We are in close proximity of the airport and many restaurants in case you feel the need for a bite out. Also if you didn't drive our shuttle can take you if its within the 3 mile radius of the hotel. Also, we will always recognize your Hilton status. You've worked hard to earn that status, it's nice to be recognized. I hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Arrived late in Milwaukee and needed a close, quiet place with good beds to rest up before beginning a rigorous driving trip the next day. Used the Pay in Advance feature and received a comparatively good rate. Great bed, excellent breakfast and friendly staff..

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am happy to hear that you were able to stay with us before your rigorous trip, and I hope you were able to rest well. I am pleased that you were well taken care of by our staff and that you had time to enjoy the wonderful complimentary breakfast. If youre ever in town, dont hesitate to stay with us.
Berlin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The room was beautiful, bed linens were clean and the complimentary breakfast was the best we have ever had at a hotel. Homemade waffles, scrambled eggs, potatoes, they had everything covered. Very nice staff as well. We will spread the word about how wonderful our stay was.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. For breakfas we try to keep a wide variety of fresh products as well as hot meals, and if there is ever anything that you'd prefer, please don't hesitate to ask. We are always here to help and accomodate our guest's needs. Hope to see you soon, have a wonderful day.

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!