“Great place in Milwaukee area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
fort dodge
“Great place in Milwaukee area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very nice and clean hotel. The staff was outstanding, especially in the breakfast area. Breakfast was standard Hampton. Breakfast area was packed in the morning. Lots of people standing eating breakfast or going back to their room. Hotel was full, so I don't know if the area is always this full. Something new I had never seen before was a dispenser of body wash, shampoo and conditioner. Really liked this idea and hope to see more of it in other Hamptons. Very pleased with my stay and will stay here again.

Green Features: Liked the body wash, shampoo and conditioner dispenser in shower. Not only green, but cost effective.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Normally breakfast is very busy, especially on the weekends. Many guest's rather use the trays that we provide and take them to their rooms, but everyone is always more than welcome to stay and eat in the lobby. If you have any children we also provide coloring materials for the child's entertainment. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Grand Forks, ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business in mid July 2013. I seem to get consistently good service at the Hampton Inn and Suites so I pick them when I can. The staff at this hotel was wonderful!! I had interaction with front desk and breakfast area staff and they were all so nice and helpful. Although not the newest and most up to date, my room was above all else Clean!! I liked the soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower. My only negative was that the bathroom fan was loud-with no way to turn it off so it was hard to listen to the morning news on tv when gtting ready in the morning and the hairdryer was a travel one mounted to the wall with not much power. I'd stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I'm very glad that we are up to Hampton Standards. We most definitely try to ensure the comfort of our guest's. One of the things that ensure such conmfort is the interaction between the staff and guest's. We are here to help, but we are also here to listen. The dispensers in the shower are part of our trial runs, and so far many have liked it. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with. I hope to see you soon!
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had flown in at midnight for a family emergency. We literally had what we could quickly grab (no luggage) and jumped on a plane. The night manager who was at the check-in desk asked if we needed help with our luggage (she couldn't see below the counter to know we had none). When we told her that we didn't have any and all we had was our medications and a couple of changes of underwear and a shirt or 2, she melted away and could not do enough to help us get settled, offered a ton of moral support, a reduced rate room (she said no one dealing with a sudden airflight for a family emergency should have to pay the full rate). When we went up to our room we realized we had no toothbrushes. My grown daughter, traveling with me, went down to the desk to see about getting some. When she arrived, the manager had already put together a little care package for us and had been working on a way to get it up to our room. This is the kind of customer service that COMPLETELY saved the day for us!!!

I'm sure we looked like some kind of vagabonds (we'd spent the day moving one of my sons when the emergency called came and hadn't had time to even change our clothes) with some sketchy story. She saw the stress and sadness in our eyes and just took care of us. She was our doula that night!!!! I will always hold her dearly in our hearts.

The hotel accommodations were very nice, too. Clean rooms, nicely appointed. Morning staff was wonderful, too, making sure we got our airport shuttle (to meet another family member flying in), and everyone so understanding when we apologized for having no cash for tips.

I want to go back and thank (and tip) each one of these individuals personally. They truly were our bright spots in a troubling time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am very pleased to hear that our staff had taken care of you despite the previous issues you and your family were having. As always we are here to help in any way, no matter what. I am also more than happy to hear that your stay with us was very pleasant. Our little care packages go a very long way, especially when in need! I can't count how many times Iv'e forgotten things or have had to leave behind. It's nice to know that you're being taken care of. Believe me, tips will be uncessary. It is always an amazing feeling when one is simply in recognition.
I'd like to say thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we really do appreciate your words and efforts! Hope to see you soon, and I hope all went well with your family emergency. Sorry to hear that you were here on those circumstances, but everything will be alright!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I won't call myself a connoisseur of Hampton Inns, but I stay at them when I can. This one was a great example of why -- very clean, comfortable rooms; good breakfast selection; friendly staff; a great stay. I mainly selected this location over the downtown location because I was going to have a rental car and wanted free parking -- and, having stayed in the downtown location, this place was actually a little nicer. I had no issues with sound, despite the proximity to the airport. Additionally, I really appreciated that this location is truly trying to be green: the maids actually didn't replace the towels that were hung up, and the shampoo and conditioner are in large dispensers, rather than the little bottles that wind up in the trash.

Green Features: As mentioned above, I liked that the shampoo and conditioner were in large dispensers, rather than the usual little bottles. I used only what I needed, rather than part of the little bottles (that wind up in the trash).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
You'd be surprised how many people think because of the proximity of the airport, we'd here airplanes more often. Luckily, that is not the issue here! I am glad that we were up to standards. Although we are a strong brand, and similar in many ways, what distinguishes us, is our personality as a whole. As always we remain clean and comfortable. We want our guest's coming back each and every stay. Free parking is a plus here. It is one difference between this location and the downtown location. I am glad that you got the chance to enjoy our amenities, and we hope to see you soon!
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Liked everything about the Hotel. The beds were so comfy and so were the covers. Friendly staff. Everything was clean. Close to highway. Complimentary breakfast was great. Dont have time to eat, They have a to go breakfast bag ready for you. I only have one negative - the pool could be a little bigger.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff helped you feel comfortable during your stay. Breakfast is a great benefit that comes with the room rate. You can't start your day off wrong if you eat with us! I hope to see you soon!
New Lisbon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We love staying at this hotel when we fly from Milwaukee. We were not happy to hear that in addition to increasing their room rates ($154 for one night) they now expect you to pay an additional $25 to park your vehicle when they advertise themselves as a park and fly hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I apologize that our prices are a bit high. Just as a reminder, we do offer discounts to those who hold certain memberships or traveling with companies. We do not have rates set up with everyone, but we would be more thn happy to check. Also, what we advertise is a package. If you choose to do the park-n-fly package it would come out to be $179 plus tax (room and parking). If you choose to stay with us again and go through with the the park-n-fly, don't forget to talk to a front desk representative about this package!
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I found nothing exceptional, either good or bad, about this airport Hampton Inn. It is comfortable and convenient to MKE, which is why I chose it. Rosa at the front desk was very friendly, and she accommodated my request for a top floor room away from the street. It was quiet, but some airplane noise may be noticed due to airport proximity. The room was clean and beds were what I expect from this chain. Parking was rather tight on the front side of the hotel, but more spaces were in the back. The breakfast was good here. Really, nothing to complain about with this, except possibly the location if you don't need to be near MKE. I did not see any good eating establishments within walking distance from this hotel, however. It didn't matter to me since I arrived late and wasn't looking for a place to eat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I apologize for any inconveniences during your stay, but I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review. The gues'ts feedback truly helps us be aware of what we are doing right and what areas we can improve on. I am glad that you were treated as every guest should, with respect. We as a team try to help our guest's with whatever they may need. I apologize that you were not able to find parking. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to find parking out front when we are sold out, but we do have a larger parking area towards the back. Regarding eating establishments, we have Branded Steer and a Subway within walking distance, and even if you decided not to walk we do have the shuttle that offeres to take our gues'ts to a variety of great eating establishment's within a three mile radius of the hotel. I hope to see you again, and again I apologize for any inconveniences that you had during your stay.

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!