“This place is great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Columbia, Maryland
“This place is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is great. The layout is a standard Hampton Inn but they really take good care of the place and the guests. The people at the desk were really friendly every time I talked to them and were helpful. The room was clean and fresh and in good shape. The only down side was that it is the airport Hampton so you can hear the few planes that do come in at night. The best part of the say was breakfast. The selection was great especially the mixed fruit (blue berries, strawberries, grapes, etc.). The lady tending breakfast came around and was giving out freshly made hot cinnamon buns. They were so good I'm drooling right now just thinking about them. Finally, the shuttle driver was the nicest gentlemen. The next time I'm staying in the area I am definitely staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am glad that you have truly enjoyed your stay here. We did just newly renivate about two years ago, so thats always a plus with guests coming in. The staff here truly care about our guest's and I am more than pleased to know that we are doing our job correctly. We are here to help, so never hesitate to ask if needed. We take our time to ensure that our guest's are satisfied. the breakfast is another added plus that comes with the room rates. Kathleen, the breakfast attendant has been more than helpful. She is truly a great asset to the Hampton team. Hope to see you soon.

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff at this hotel goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. We were offered cold water as we arrived. After checking us in the staff asked what we were in the area for and were very helpful with directions to the Harley-Davidson Museum that would keep us off the under construction highway and offered us other ideas of things to see that we would probably enjoy as well.
We booked the King study with sofa bed because we like to sit on the sofa to relax and watch TV rather than having to sit on the bed. Although they offer the King room with an easy chair and ottoman, there are two of us traveling so we prefer the sofa. The room and bathroom were very clean and smelled nice. The furniture was in excellent condition, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked quietly.
This hotel has a pool and whirlpool which we took full advantage of after an early dinner. Both the pool and the whirlpool were clean. The pool was heated to just the right temperature to be very comfortable.
The breakfast was good as expected. The breakfast staff went out of their way to provide a candle in a muffin for my husband’s birthday and kept the good humor coming to make it a special treat.
We like staying at Hampton Inn when we travel because there is a consistency to the hotels and offerings. This hotel has a staff that is exceptionally friendly even compared to other Hampton Inns.

Green Features: The hotel has body soap, shampoo and conditioner in dispensers in the shower rather than individual little bottles.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I truly am grateful to hear that your stay was us was exactly what you hoped it would be. Our staff is always more than happy to help our guests find their way around town, and recommend great places to go and enjoy to make your stay is even more productive and enjoyable. You can always count on us to help you with whatever it is you may need. We try to maintain a nice clean, comfortable area to make guests feel at home. Hope to see you soon!
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you need to stay the night due to an early or late flight, this is an excellent choice. Everything is clean, comfy and quiet (which doesn't always happen with airport hotels.) I appreciated that they still have a few computers with internet and printer near the front desk so we could check email and print out our boarding passes. This used to be more common with hotels, but since so many people bring their own laptops (not us though) they are disappearing as a feature.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are always more than welcome to open our hotel doors to anyone stranded at the airport! Surprisingly it happen s more frequent than one would expet, but luckily we are conveniently located near the airport and we are always happy to help. Unfortunately, sometimes we are sold out, but the help doesn't stop their. If you call us and we are sold out, please know that we will try our best to find you a hotel near the airport to accomodate your stay. Our business center is indeed very helpful. You can print out directions, to boarding passes, to anything you can think of. I'm glad you were able to enjoy you stay with us, and I hope to see you soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and paid in advance for a better rate. I was tired when I checked in and didn't notice that the room type they gave me was not what I had reserved/paid for. The next morning I brought this to their attention and they said they would move us to the correct room type--we should pack up and they would move our luggage for us. When we came back later, they had indeed moved us to a new room, but it was still not the correct room type. They did get it right the third time, but what struck me was that neither of the front desk people with whom I worked on this problem were apologetic about it. They politely attempted to solve the problem, but did not acknowledge it as their mistake. It was a minor inconvenience to me, and I wasn't expecting anything beyond mere acknowledgement of that fact--but I didn't get that.

Other hotel staff provided excellent customer service. The woman running the breakfast room was nice to chat with and our maid was fantastic--when our toilet got plugged up, I was going down to tell the front desk but ran into her on the way and she immediately, very cheerfully offered to fix it herself, which she proceeded to do.

The facility itself is comfortable and the location near but not exactly at the airport is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I truly do apologize for your inconvenience. Yous should't have been running around like you did, and I completely understand how must feel. It is always important to recognize your mistakes and fix them accordingly followed with a sincere apology. It is the staff who is here to help, and again I apologize. I am glad to hear that asside from your inconvenience your stay with us was still good. If you choose to stay with us again, I can assure you that you will be taken care of the right way. Thank you.
Barre Mills, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Hampton Inn Hotel was very well kept, clean and comfortable. It had all the amenities we needed. Wonderful breakfast included with the room price which was already very reasonable...highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Indeed we are reasonable with our rates. Our rates include a good amount of services and resources that will benefit your stay, including breakfast. You can't start your day without a good breakfast. We try our best to accomodate every guest. Part of our goal is to ensure the comfort of our guest's and I am pleased that our staff delivered such service. Hope to see you soon.
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first, but certainly not last, time staying at Hampton Inn. It was a fantastic value considering the amenities. I will definitely recommend it to friends. Staff was very helpful to my group who were not familiar at all with the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad to hear that this will certainly not be your last time staying with us. I hope you were able to take full advantage of our amenities. I'll be expecting to see you and your family soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The front desk staff are outstanding with their helpfulness. They helped print boarding passes for us, brought a fan out to the pool area when we said we were hot, handed out water to us when we wanted it, and more. We were very impressed.
pluses: mini fridge, free wireless internet, free parking, close to airport, clean room, coffee maker in room, dispensers with soap, shampoo and conditioner, blowdryer.
minuses: no microwave in two of the three rooms that we reserved, AC wall unit that makes noise

This hotel is close to the airport and right next to McDonalds for ice-cream cone cravings. :)
It was about 15-20 minutes to downtown Milwaukee from here depending on traffic and road construction. We enjoyed our stay here even though we had wanted to stay downtown. It was easy enough to drive there without having to pay the higher priced rooms downtown along with their $25 per night parking and their internet fees. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the top floor here.