“The Staff Makes the difference” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 W College Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53221   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Syracuse, NY
“The Staff Makes the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff at this hotel goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. We were offered cold water as we arrived. After checking us in the staff asked what we were in the area for and were very helpful with directions to the Harley-Davidson Museum that would keep us off the under construction highway and offered us other ideas of things to see that we would probably enjoy as well.
We booked the King study with sofa bed because we like to sit on the sofa to relax and watch TV rather than having to sit on the bed. Although they offer the King room with an easy chair and ottoman, there are two of us traveling so we prefer the sofa. The room and bathroom were very clean and smelled nice. The furniture was in excellent condition, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked quietly.
This hotel has a pool and whirlpool which we took full advantage of after an early dinner. Both the pool and the whirlpool were clean. The pool was heated to just the right temperature to be very comfortable.
The breakfast was good as expected. The breakfast staff went out of their way to provide a candle in a muffin for my husband’s birthday and kept the good humor coming to make it a special treat.
We like staying at Hampton Inn when we travel because there is a consistency to the hotels and offerings. This hotel has a staff that is exceptionally friendly even compared to other Hampton Inns.

Green Features: The hotel has body soap, shampoo and conditioner in dispensers in the shower rather than individual little bottles.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I truly am grateful to hear that your stay was us was exactly what you hoped it would be. Our staff is always more than happy to help our guests find their way around town, and recommend great places to go and enjoy to make your stay is even more productive and enjoyable. You can always count on us to help you with whatever it is you may need. We try to maintain a nice clean, comfortable area to make guests feel at home. Hope to see you soon!

Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you need to stay the night due to an early or late flight, this is an excellent choice. Everything is clean, comfy and quiet (which doesn't always happen with airport hotels.) I appreciated that they still have a few computers with internet and printer near the front desk so we could check email and print out our boarding passes. This used to be more common with hotels, but since so many people bring their own laptops (not us though) they are disappearing as a feature.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are always more than welcome to open our hotel doors to anyone stranded at the airport! Surprisingly it happen s more frequent than one would expet, but luckily we are conveniently located near the airport and we are always happy to help. Unfortunately, sometimes we are sold out, but the help doesn't stop their. If you call us and we are sold out, please know that we will try our best to find you a hotel near the airport to accomodate your stay. Our business center is indeed very helpful. You can print out directions, to boarding passes, to anything you can think of. I'm glad you were able to enjoy you stay with us, and I hope to see you soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and paid in advance for a better rate. I was tired when I checked in and didn't notice that the room type they gave me was not what I had reserved/paid for. The next morning I brought this to their attention and they said they would move us to the correct room type--we should pack up and they would move our luggage for us. When we came back later, they had indeed moved us to a new room, but it was still not the correct room type. They did get it right the third time, but what struck me was that neither of the front desk people with whom I worked on this problem were apologetic about it. They politely attempted to solve the problem, but did not acknowledge it as their mistake. It was a minor inconvenience to me, and I wasn't expecting anything beyond mere acknowledgement of that fact--but I didn't get that.

Other hotel staff provided excellent customer service. The woman running the breakfast room was nice to chat with and our maid was fantastic--when our toilet got plugged up, I was going down to tell the front desk but ran into her on the way and she immediately, very cheerfully offered to fix it herself, which she proceeded to do.

The facility itself is comfortable and the location near but not exactly at the airport is good.

• 3 of 5 stars
I truly do apologize for your inconvenience. Yous should't have been running around like you did, and I completely understand how must feel. It is always important to recognize your mistakes and fix them accordingly followed with a sincere apology. It is the staff who is here to help, and again I apologize. I am glad to hear that asside from your inconvenience your stay with us was still good. If you choose to stay with us again, I can assure you that you will be taken care of the right way. Thank you.
Barre Mills, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Hampton Inn Hotel was very well kept, clean and comfortable. It had all the amenities we needed. Wonderful breakfast included with the room price which was already very reasonable...highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Indeed we are reasonable with our rates. Our rates include a good amount of services and resources that will benefit your stay, including breakfast. You can't start your day without a good breakfast. We try our best to accomodate every guest. Part of our goal is to ensure the comfort of our guest's and I am pleased that our staff delivered such service. Hope to see you soon.
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first, but certainly not last, time staying at Hampton Inn. It was a fantastic value considering the amenities. I will definitely recommend it to friends. Staff was very helpful to my group who were not familiar at all with the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad to hear that this will certainly not be your last time staying with us. I hope you were able to take full advantage of our amenities. I'll be expecting to see you and your family soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The front desk staff are outstanding with their helpfulness. They helped print boarding passes for us, brought a fan out to the pool area when we said we were hot, handed out water to us when we wanted it, and more. We were very impressed.
pluses: mini fridge, free wireless internet, free parking, close to airport, clean room, coffee maker in room, dispensers with soap, shampoo and conditioner, blowdryer.
minuses: no microwave in two of the three rooms that we reserved, AC wall unit that makes noise

This hotel is close to the airport and right next to McDonalds for ice-cream cone cravings. :)
It was about 15-20 minutes to downtown Milwaukee from here depending on traffic and road construction. We enjoyed our stay here even though we had wanted to stay downtown. It was easy enough to drive there without having to pay the higher priced rooms downtown along with their $25 per night parking and their internet fees. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the top floor here.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glad to hear we are doing our job right. I apologize for your incnovenience with the microwave. Because we are short on microwaves, it is difficult to accomodate all guest's requests for one. We will do our best next time to have it in your room before arrival to ensure that your requests are met upon arrival, if you do choose to stay with us again. Which I hope you do! We love our loyal guest's, and one way to keep our guest's loyal is to meet their expectations. Thank you for choosing Hamptin Inn Milwaukee Airport and we hope to see you soon.
Chanute, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I admit I am biased toward Hampton Inn for many reasons. But this one really outshone a lot of the others I've stayed in. The front desk was beyond helpful. If the person working didn't know the answer, s/he searched the Internet and talked to other employees until it was found. We were able to utilize the shuttle to go to a restaurant one evening. The rooms were comfortable and more spacious than in some other Hampton Inns. The woman who worked the breakfast area was particularly wonderful to speak with. I had the choice of three Hampton Inns in the area; I'm glad I went with this one. It was easy to find and easy in/out access.

• 5 of 5 stars
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
You have to love google! We are always more than happy to help. Our job is to make sure the guests are satisfied in every way, and we will not stop until you are fully satisfied. Our shuttle is very convenient and can take you within a 5 mile radius of the property, and luckily there is a lot to do. Whether it is going out to eat, or going to the movies, we can take you there, and when you get back, your room is the perfect place to rest! Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#21 of 53 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 stars 171 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!