“Great airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Southern California
“Great airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you need to stay the night due to an early or late flight, this is an excellent choice. Everything is clean, comfy and quiet (which doesn't always happen with airport hotels.) I appreciated that they still have a few computers with internet and printer near the front desk so we could check email and print out our boarding passes. This used to be more common with hotels, but since so many people bring their own laptops (not us though) they are disappearing as a feature.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are always more than welcome to open our hotel doors to anyone stranded at the airport! Surprisingly it happen s more frequent than one would expet, but luckily we are conveniently located near the airport and we are always happy to help. Unfortunately, sometimes we are sold out, but the help doesn't stop their. If you call us and we are sold out, please know that we will try our best to find you a hotel near the airport to accomodate your stay. Our business center is indeed very helpful. You can print out directions, to boarding passes, to anything you can think of. I'm glad you were able to enjoy you stay with us, and I hope to see you soon.

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and paid in advance for a better rate. I was tired when I checked in and didn't notice that the room type they gave me was not what I had reserved/paid for. The next morning I brought this to their attention and they said they would move us to the correct room type--we should pack up and they would move our luggage for us. When we came back later, they had indeed moved us to a new room, but it was still not the correct room type. They did get it right the third time, but what struck me was that neither of the front desk people with whom I worked on this problem were apologetic about it. They politely attempted to solve the problem, but did not acknowledge it as their mistake. It was a minor inconvenience to me, and I wasn't expecting anything beyond mere acknowledgement of that fact--but I didn't get that.

Other hotel staff provided excellent customer service. The woman running the breakfast room was nice to chat with and our maid was fantastic--when our toilet got plugged up, I was going down to tell the front desk but ran into her on the way and she immediately, very cheerfully offered to fix it herself, which she proceeded to do.

The facility itself is comfortable and the location near but not exactly at the airport is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I truly do apologize for your inconvenience. Yous should't have been running around like you did, and I completely understand how must feel. It is always important to recognize your mistakes and fix them accordingly followed with a sincere apology. It is the staff who is here to help, and again I apologize. I am glad to hear that asside from your inconvenience your stay with us was still good. If you choose to stay with us again, I can assure you that you will be taken care of the right way. Thank you.
Barre Mills, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Hampton Inn Hotel was very well kept, clean and comfortable. It had all the amenities we needed. Wonderful breakfast included with the room price which was already very reasonable...highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Indeed we are reasonable with our rates. Our rates include a good amount of services and resources that will benefit your stay, including breakfast. You can't start your day without a good breakfast. We try our best to accomodate every guest. Part of our goal is to ensure the comfort of our guest's and I am pleased that our staff delivered such service. Hope to see you soon.
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first, but certainly not last, time staying at Hampton Inn. It was a fantastic value considering the amenities. I will definitely recommend it to friends. Staff was very helpful to my group who were not familiar at all with the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad to hear that this will certainly not be your last time staying with us. I hope you were able to take full advantage of our amenities. I'll be expecting to see you and your family soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The front desk staff are outstanding with their helpfulness. They helped print boarding passes for us, brought a fan out to the pool area when we said we were hot, handed out water to us when we wanted it, and more. We were very impressed.
pluses: mini fridge, free wireless internet, free parking, close to airport, clean room, coffee maker in room, dispensers with soap, shampoo and conditioner, blowdryer.
minuses: no microwave in two of the three rooms that we reserved, AC wall unit that makes noise

This hotel is close to the airport and right next to McDonalds for ice-cream cone cravings. :)
It was about 15-20 minutes to downtown Milwaukee from here depending on traffic and road construction. We enjoyed our stay here even though we had wanted to stay downtown. It was easy enough to drive there without having to pay the higher priced rooms downtown along with their $25 per night parking and their internet fees. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the top floor here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glad to hear we are doing our job right. I apologize for your incnovenience with the microwave. Because we are short on microwaves, it is difficult to accomodate all guest's requests for one. We will do our best next time to have it in your room before arrival to ensure that your requests are met upon arrival, if you do choose to stay with us again. Which I hope you do! We love our loyal guest's, and one way to keep our guest's loyal is to meet their expectations. Thank you for choosing Hamptin Inn Milwaukee Airport and we hope to see you soon.
Chanute, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I admit I am biased toward Hampton Inn for many reasons. But this one really outshone a lot of the others I've stayed in. The front desk was beyond helpful. If the person working didn't know the answer, s/he searched the Internet and talked to other employees until it was found. We were able to utilize the shuttle to go to a restaurant one evening. The rooms were comfortable and more spacious than in some other Hampton Inns. The woman who worked the breakfast area was particularly wonderful to speak with. I had the choice of three Hampton Inns in the area; I'm glad I went with this one. It was easy to find and easy in/out access.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
You have to love google! We are always more than happy to help. Our job is to make sure the guests are satisfied in every way, and we will not stop until you are fully satisfied. Our shuttle is very convenient and can take you within a 5 mile radius of the property, and luckily there is a lot to do. Whether it is going out to eat, or going to the movies, we can take you there, and when you get back, your room is the perfect place to rest! Hope to see you again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

When our recent flight to Chicago was delayed we opted to fly instead to Milwaukee. I called just before take off and reserved a room. They were great. Our room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, and it was easy to find late at night for a couple of weary travelers. It was also very accessable to the highway the next AM for our drive to the Chicago area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad we could be your saviors! We are always happy to help, so please never hesitate to call. AlthoughI have to say, sometimes we are sold out when we get calls like yours. I am happy we were able to help you, but if for some reason we were sold out, don't hesitate to call. We can always help you find a spot at a different hotel at your convenience!

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!