“Business Trip to Milwaukee” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #34 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Memphis, Tennessee
“Business Trip to Milwaukee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is in a pretty ran down area. Once inside the hotel it is nice. The breakfast food was good, the service was actually really good. The lady at the front desk gave me a great suggestion of where to grab dinner. The rooms were clean and typical Hampton Inn. No complaint about the hotel itself, but the location of it is just not good. It is in an industrial area and looks to be in a rather bad part of town. That would be my only drawback to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton while visiting family for a Marquette University commencement. The staff were all very courteous and helpful. The complementary breakfasts had great variety (something for everyone) and the hotel coffee was very good. We will definitely stay there again. I marked the rooms down a little because the double-bed room was a little tight.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kerri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay and 5 star review of your experience at theHampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest)! We really appreciate guest feedback and you seemed to mention all the aspects that we focus on for a great stay.
It's all due to a great staff that we are able to provide such well-maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service. We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied as you did.
Once again, thanks for the great review and staying with us! We hope you stop through for a visit again your next time through Milwaukee!
Herriman, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Overall great hotel - one side of the hotel faces a busy highway which is noisy. This only effects a small number of rooms. Other than that great hotel. My review is done, however, "This review requires a 200 character minimum."

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Hotel was very affordable, hotel also has security in parking lot, Service was great. 20 minutes from airport.would stay here again. Has indoor pool and many cable stations. Always have cookies and bags for lunch

Crestwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

In a nutshell, I came to this hotel without a reservation, they took me right in and welcomed all my discounts. My room smelled heavily of smoke, we called immediately downstairs to tell them about the smell. Since the environment is smoke-free, we were not expecting them to be able to do anything about our smell. Within a few seconds of our call came a knock at our door, not only switching us to a different room, but we received a free up-grade. That's customer service at it's finest. How often do you receive the unexpected? Thanks Hampton!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that we've provided a great experience to another one of our guests! We work very hard here at the hotel to hire and train individuals with great customer service skills. They are truly what makes this hotel special. We look forward to serving you again very soon!
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let's start with the good parts: the towels were soft and clean. The breakfast was edible. The price was low. The night manager was helpful.

Now the bad parts: I checked 4/2/13 about 9 PM. I expected an older facility, but what I didn't expect was to see so much dirt on the floor. Lint, popcorn, and other assorted small debris were scattered all over the floor. After a long day at work, I look forward to taking off my shoes and kicking back, so I'm just not comfortable with a dirty floor.

So I went down the hall to the front desk. The night person there was very helpful and opened a total of three other rooms to which I could move. All of them had even more dirt on the floors than the room I had! He said perhaps there's a problem with the vacuum cleaner for that floor! Finally, I used that same vacuum cleaner and vacuumed my floors myself. With a clean floor, I was able to relax, but checked out this morning, a day earlier than planned.

Perhaps I should have known when I looked up the hotel before booking - and saw a gentlemen's club across the street, a laundromat next door, and the expressway on the other side - that this was not a hotel for a business traveler.

My advice to the owner is to change the brand of your hotel - this is not what I expect from a Hampton.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kerri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you did not receive the service that you are accustomed to, and truly deserve. Please know that I have personally spoken with the Housekeeping Manager and have addressed each of the concerns that you voiced with them. I can assure you that your experiences will not be those of our future guests. I sincerely hope that you will give our hotel another chance to provide you an outstanding experience the next time you are in town.
Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I traveled to Milwaukee for an interview at the Medical College of Wisconsin and I wanted a nice place to stay and relax the night before. When I arrived my room wasn't ready yet but the woman working at the front desk switched things around so that I could check in right away in a similar room. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and welcoming. Also, while staying alone in a hotel I found the safety and security to be excellent. The only negative was that my room was on the highway side of the building so it was a bit noisy, but it ended up not keeping me awake at night at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quieter side of the hotel if you are sensitive to the highway noise at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!