“Really fun, awesome breakfast and great pool” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Really fun, awesome breakfast and great pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a really great time. They accommodated are late arrival (1am!) with ease. The breakfast was delicious, and hot! They had eggs, hash browns and a variety of yogurt flavors. The only thing they didn't have was more than one muffin--they only had bran while we were there. The hotel staff were very friendly, every time we walked in the hallways they asked if there was any way they could help us. The pool was nice and large, and the hot tub was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Needed a room for a soccer match at a large complex in the area. Chose this hotel based on price and brand and as usual was not disappointed with Hampton Inn. This is an older property that is completing the renovation process so there was some construction finishing up in the breakfast/lobby area (which was noted when I made the reservation) but rooms have all been updated to include granite, new decor, etc. So the room was comfortable and very clean. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was standard fare and always great coffee. Pool area was clean, hot tub was super hot and felt great after a long day of driving! Fitness facility was closed due to the construction but I was offered a free visit to the health club nearby. I took the visit-but was never able to locate the club.
So this hotel served it's purpose very nicely and I would gladly choose it again. That being said, the older Hampton Inns that are now being refurbished simply don't have the larger public spaces that the newer construction sites have. This lobby/breakfast area is small compared to others and even though it is having a facelift, it will remain so.

Fyi-there is not alot going on in this particular neighborhood in terms of shopping, dining, etc. We headed just a couple exits back to Capitol Drive (5 min at most) and found many places to eat, and all of the shopping places we needed. Others commented on the "gentleman's club" acrosse the road and made me a little concerned about the area itself. Not to worry. Neighborhood is typical suburban-but very close to the freeway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HamptonNorthwest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you 729ellie for your review. I am happy to say that our "facelift" is now complete and our guests are enjoying an updated lobby, BRAND NEW fitness center, and New Business Center! I hope to welcome you back if you return to Milwaukee!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for only one night but were very pleased with hotel - friendly, courteous staff, clean room, excellent breakfast. We would definitely recommend the Hampton Inn Northwest to anyone visiting Milwaukee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Oakdale, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Let me start off by saying the hotel did offer to comp my stay because of the issue I had. However being this was a business trip that doesn’t benefit me at all since my company pays for my expenses and I’d lose my hotel points. So in the end I’d lose out even more. They did give me a gift card to a local place to eat..too bad I don’t eat in places like that. So I can’t fault them for not trying.

Having read the other Tripadvisor reviews before having my Travel Dept book this hotel I’m really questioning one…do people really know what a decent hotel is? Or two who really wrote these reviews? I’ve been Hilton Honors Silver, Gold and Diamond status member for many years so I do feel I know what to expect by the Hilton brand and generally the Hilton family of hotels does a great job…not here though.

I generally stay at another hotel in the area but had to stay here due to the other hotel being sold out, I’ll never stay here again. The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere in a questionable area…however if your into strip joints there’s one right across the street for you. Hampton Inn’s pride themselves on being clean…well this one was so clean my room smelled like a chemical factory just exploded! Instead of PJ’s I should have brought a chemical hazmat suit to wear to bed. The stench of cleaning product was beyond acceptable. I can only assume this at one time was a smoking room and they are trying to mask the old smell of smoke. Well if you’re changing over to a nonsmoking hotel I suggest the hotel redo those rooms.

The quality of the room is standard 5 year old plus Hampton Inn style…you can tell this hotel hasn’t been remolded in some time. Having just stayed at a new Hampton Inn only a week ago the differences were HUGE. The bathroom was “ok”, the shower area really appeared old and worn and the bathroom door needed replacing as did the sagging shower rod which prevented me from closing the shower curtain resulting in the floor flooding. The bed was fine, standard comfy Hampton Inn quality, which was the only thing that made this stay somewhat acceptable, even though sleeping wasn’t easy inhaling cleaning fumes.

I didn’t bother using any of the other services the hotel offered, the less time spent inside this hotel the better. I felt bad for the staff as they seemed to really care for their guests but were embarrassed by the condition of the hotel.

Overall I would NOT stay at this hotel again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The chemical odor cannot be safe to inhale. The hotel needs updating to be on par with other Hampton Inn’s, this one certainly isn’t setting the standard for their chain.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and just stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kerri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel so thoroughly. I apologize that you were not impressed by our guest rooms. Our goal is to exceed guest expectations on all levels, therefore it is disappointing to learn that we did not do that for you. I would love to speak to you about your experience further . Please don't hesitate to contact me personally at the hotel. Thank you again for your time
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here one night for work - found the staff incredibly friendly and helpful - both at check in and check out. They had warm cookies the evening we checked in as well as basic refreshments for an indefinite period. The rooms were obviously renovated - bathroom has a marble countertop and flat screen television. Full breakfast as is typical at Hampton Inns. Only 4 floors in hotel, and requested room on the 4th floor so I can't comment on above-head noise, but you could certainly hear the water in neighboring guest rooms as they showered in the morning, so be prepared for that. Also, the noise on both sides of the hotel is a bit loud - one side faces Lovers Lane Road and the other a local freeway - so there's apparently no escaping that noise as my traveling companion was on the opposite side of the building and had the same problem as me. The room A/Cs are the older wall units, and they seem to have a little difficulty keeping the room cool, although we were there when it was unusually hot and humid.

Would likely stay here again if in town for business because of the friendly staff, but the location is not great. It is a 15 minute drive down to the waterfront where all of the better restaurants are located. The surrounding neighborhood is not the greatest - block-to-block it can be sketchy. It is right across the road from Milwaukee Harley Davidson for any motorcycle enthusiasts!

Room Tip: Difficult to say because both sides face the noisy road - although the rooms facing Lovers Lane seem...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Oconto, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Northwest this past week and we could not have been more pleased with our stay. When I say the staff is friendly, it is a gross understatement. I wish I would have got their names, as they deserve a shout out, at the very least. The gal who runs the breakfast during the week is phenomenal. She is truly amazing. The two gentlemen who work the desk and (I think) maintenance overnight were awesome and our housekeeper (Chris) actually stopped to ask us how our room was and even left a Thank You card for the tip we left. We have stayed at many hotels, with our children and have left many tips for the housekeepers (I mean, c'mon, whatever they are getting paid is not nearly enough to clean up after other people's children all day) and this is the first time that we saw a thank you card.

The room was extremely clean, and it looked as updated as the last two Hampton's that we have stayed in this year. The breakfast was hot, and well-stocked and is great if you are traveling with children.

I was worried about this hotel after reading the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. The only complaint I have about this trip was the traffic. Gosh, I don't know how you locals deal with it. :-)

We will definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've stayed at plenty of Hampton Inn's before and this hotel provided the service I've come to expect of this brand. Arrived at 7:30 pm and front desk were warm and welcoming. Room is pretty standard, but plenty of space. I read others' reviews that the rooms look aged. I have to disagree because most of the furniture is modern. There are no granite counter tops, by any means, but it's not 70's furniture.

As always, there is complimentary breakfast: oatmeal, three choices of warm food, yogurts, assorted fruits. I liked the lobby area for all its seating availability; quite comfortable.

Not much by the way of restaurants around the area, though. There's a diner that's a minute-walk away. Other than that, it's mostly fast food.

I have to agree with other travelers: if you're a leisure traveler, this isn't the best place to stay just because there isn't much around. If you're a business traveler, it's a place to get a good night's rest and enjoy the services Hampton Inn offers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HamptonNorthwest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
I wanted to give a very big Thank You! It is very nice to hear how our staff can make any trip great! I look forward to welcoming you back to Milwaukee!

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!