“Couldn't Have Been More Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #33 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Oconto, Wisconsin
“Couldn't Have Been More Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Northwest this past week and we could not have been more pleased with our stay. When I say the staff is friendly, it is a gross understatement. I wish I would have got their names, as they deserve a shout out, at the very least. The gal who runs the breakfast during the week is phenomenal. She is truly amazing. The two gentlemen who work the desk and (I think) maintenance overnight were awesome and our housekeeper (Chris) actually stopped to ask us how our room was and even left a Thank You card for the tip we left. We have stayed at many hotels, with our children and have left many tips for the housekeepers (I mean, c'mon, whatever they are getting paid is not nearly enough to clean up after other people's children all day) and this is the first time that we saw a thank you card.

The room was extremely clean, and it looked as updated as the last two Hampton's that we have stayed in this year. The breakfast was hot, and well-stocked and is great if you are traveling with children.

I was worried about this hotel after reading the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. The only complaint I have about this trip was the traffic. Gosh, I don't know how you locals deal with it. :-)

We will definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've stayed at plenty of Hampton Inn's before and this hotel provided the service I've come to expect of this brand. Arrived at 7:30 pm and front desk were warm and welcoming. Room is pretty standard, but plenty of space. I read others' reviews that the rooms look aged. I have to disagree because most of the furniture is modern. There are no granite counter tops, by any means, but it's not 70's furniture.

As always, there is complimentary breakfast: oatmeal, three choices of warm food, yogurts, assorted fruits. I liked the lobby area for all its seating availability; quite comfortable.

Not much by the way of restaurants around the area, though. There's a diner that's a minute-walk away. Other than that, it's mostly fast food.

I have to agree with other travelers: if you're a leisure traveler, this isn't the best place to stay just because there isn't much around. If you're a business traveler, it's a place to get a good night's rest and enjoy the services Hampton Inn offers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HamptonNorthwest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
I wanted to give a very big Thank You! It is very nice to hear how our staff can make any trip great! I look forward to welcoming you back to Milwaukee!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Nice business hotel, friendly staff, good restaurant, and modern rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I can't begin to describe how disappointed I was with this hotel. Yuck, yuck, and yuck. The pictures online are completely deceiving! I was traveling here on business, and had I arrived earlier than 9:30pm, I honestly would have checked out and gone elsewhere. The rooms were horribly outdated...In fact, it looked as if they bought a low quality hotel, like a Clarion Inn that was last updated in approximately 1987, threw some new duvets on the beds and stuck their name on the outside of the building. It had an awful smoky/mildewy smell. This did not hold up to Hampton Inn's image at all! Excuse me while I go shower in my own home, since I felt dirtier after having to put my feet in the bathtub there. Gross. In no way would I ever recommend this hotel...Unless of course, you were planning on taking advantage of Silk Gentleman's Club. As I pulled onto Lovers Lane Rd (no joke) and saw the strip club, that should have been my first hint that this was not your typical Hampton.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HamptonNorthwest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I assure you that the pictures on the site are accurate and up to date. You are correct we are an older Hampton Inn. We have always been a Hampton Inn, and are in the process of a remodel. We look forward to many new upgrades for the rooms and public areas. Please feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss your stay. 414-466-8881

Kerri Huelsbeck
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I love the brand of bed the hotel utilizes. I go to sleep comfortable and wake up refreshed.

Room Tip: King size bed, none smoking
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was unsure about this hotel because of the reviews. However I stayed there on Nov 21-Nov 23 2011. The room was clean, conveniently there was an iron and ironing board in the room. The complimentary breakfast was very good, from cheese omelets, fruit, waffles, sliced ham, seasoned breakfast fries etc etc. The desk representative was very kind his name was Stephen. I left the hotel at 4am and the night desk rep. gave me what he called a take away care pack. This included bottled water, special K bar, fresh apple and mints. I enjoyed my stay and would visit again....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I had originally made a reservation at a more "luxury hotel" but when I checked I found that I would have to pay a largish fee for the wifi. So my ire at doing so got the best of me and I booked into the Hampton Inn, Brookfield. Wow! Am I glad that I did. My room was charming, clean, great bed, and free wifi in the room. What I most appreciated was the personal and helpful staff, very attentive. And the free breakfast from 7-10am, coupled with free coffee,tea, and hot chocolate round the clock really made my stay even more enjoyable. Another perk is the ever-present apples and bananas for the taking when hunger strikes. I didn't have a chance to use the indoor pool, the exercise room, nor the spa (open after 10pm for adults only) but I am sure that I will when I return. PS , I don't advise eating at the Perkins across the parking lot. Not a happy experience for me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your positive review! I am very proud of my staff here and was so excited to show them all the nice things you had to say. It helps them to realize that all of their hard work does not go unnoticed.

Have a great day!

Kerri Huelsbeck

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!