“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was unsure about this hotel because of the reviews. However I stayed there on Nov 21-Nov 23 2011. The room was clean, conveniently there was an iron and ironing board in the room. The complimentary breakfast was very good, from cheese omelets, fruit, waffles, sliced ham, seasoned breakfast fries etc etc. The desk representative was very kind his name was Stephen. I left the hotel at 4am and the night desk rep. gave me what he called a take away care pack. This included bottled water, special K bar, fresh apple and mints. I enjoyed my stay and would visit again....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I had originally made a reservation at a more "luxury hotel" but when I checked I found that I would have to pay a largish fee for the wifi. So my ire at doing so got the best of me and I booked into the Hampton Inn, Brookfield. Wow! Am I glad that I did. My room was charming, clean, great bed, and free wifi in the room. What I most appreciated was the personal and helpful staff, very attentive. And the free breakfast from 7-10am, coupled with free coffee,tea, and hot chocolate round the clock really made my stay even more enjoyable. Another perk is the ever-present apples and bananas for the taking when hunger strikes. I didn't have a chance to use the indoor pool, the exercise room, nor the spa (open after 10pm for adults only) but I am sure that I will when I return. PS , I don't advise eating at the Perkins across the parking lot. Not a happy experience for me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
HamptonNorthwest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review! I am very proud of my staff here and was so excited to show them all the nice things you had to say. It helps them to realize that all of their hard work does not go unnoticed.

Have a great day!

Kerri Huelsbeck
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I took my family to Milwaukee for a weekend getaway at a nice hotel that was peace and quiet I booked 2 rooms and I must say upon us arriving at 10:00 pm from the the time we checked in till the time we check out our stay there was 5 star to the fifth power! the staff was a perfect 10, the room perfect 10, the breakfast offered each morning perfect 10, the location perfect 10, restaurants in the area perfect 10. Overall satisfaction for me and my family was a perfect 10 and yes we will be back real soon to stay at that hotel. 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10. 10, 10, 10,!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are every in the Northwest area of Milwaukee, WI go to the HAMPTON INN you will not be dis-sa...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HamptonNorthwest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you very much for the great review!
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

The service at this Hampton was very friendly, from the front desk night clerk to the maid who greeted us in the hall the next morning. Prices are reasonable and the room was decent for the price: clean, comfortable beds, nice bathroom, flat screen tv, coffee maker. Channel selection on the tv is good with free HBO. The drawbacks are that the workout area is tiny, with 1 treadmill, 1 bike and 1 elliptical machine. When we used the room, it had not been cleaned in a while--there were sweatstains on the equipment and windowsill, no towels and the water tank was empty. The hot tub in the next room had visible mold or dirt along the side.
The free breakfast at this Hampton is a nice mixture of healthy options like fruit, cereal and oatmeal, and not-so-healthy options like waffles, eggs and danishes. There was no bacon, which some guests might consider a major issue!
There is free wireless internet and a kiosk in the lobby which was frequently used so not readily available.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Luckily we stayed on the east side away from the highway. It was clean and quiet. The room smelled very strongly of cleaner when we first arrived. I am assuming it was some sort of cleaner because the room was spotless. After a few hours of air conditioning it went away. Bathroom was clean and well stocked with lots of towels.
One drawback was it was far from downtown and you had to drive through the ghetto to get to downtown. The hotel area was safe and there was no feeling of danger. Parking was plentiful and there is are some fast food restaraunts and gast stations very near by if you are just passing through.
If you want and awesome meal, drive a about twol miles to to The Black Kettle, which we found in the restaraunt guide in the room. A ,small family owned nondescipt place, but probably the best food I have ever eaten at a restaraunt. Friendly staff and great atmosphere, I think this was the best part of going to the hotel was learning of this restaraunt!
Yes there is a Gentelmens club across the street, but aside from the sign you don't even know its there.
The front desk staff (Rachel) was helpful and friendly. There were snacks and cookies and breakfast in the morning. Wifi worked fine for my computer but was strangely not compatible with my Iphone.
There were no kids in the pool ever and the hotel appeared to be all business travelers.

Room Tip: Stay on opposite side of the freeway!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ventura County
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

All about the location. Great if you have business at Kohl's headquarters or other business in Menomonee Falls, not good if your travel is leisure or business in downtown Milwaukee. Not a very good area so no walks in the evening. Plenty of restaurants within 2 to 3 miles. Typical Hampton service which is good. I had boxes shipped in advance and they were waiting for me in my pre-assigned room. Very rare! Rooms and common areas were very clean and smelled fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side (away from the highway).
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel is in the worst part of Milwaukee possible, if you plan on going downtown you have to drive right through the ghetto. Not to mention it is located directly across from a strip club. The hotel smell is awful, its like walking through a sewer! Customer service sucks. Maintenance doesn't really know how to fix things. A/C was still leaking when we left. And, overall not worth your money. I seriously suggest you stay downtown. The pool is constantly crowded with kids, so don't even think about relaxing in the hot tub. Hair in our bed, and most of the cable channels didn't work.
The only good thing about our stay was the restaurant Athens right next to Hampton Inn. Its amazing.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family