“Good for business.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Alaska
“Good for business.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Luckily we stayed on the east side away from the highway. It was clean and quiet. The room smelled very strongly of cleaner when we first arrived. I am assuming it was some sort of cleaner because the room was spotless. After a few hours of air conditioning it went away. Bathroom was clean and well stocked with lots of towels.
One drawback was it was far from downtown and you had to drive through the ghetto to get to downtown. The hotel area was safe and there was no feeling of danger. Parking was plentiful and there is are some fast food restaraunts and gast stations very near by if you are just passing through.
If you want and awesome meal, drive a about twol miles to to The Black Kettle, which we found in the restaraunt guide in the room. A ,small family owned nondescipt place, but probably the best food I have ever eaten at a restaraunt. Friendly staff and great atmosphere, I think this was the best part of going to the hotel was learning of this restaraunt!
Yes there is a Gentelmens club across the street, but aside from the sign you don't even know its there.
The front desk staff (Rachel) was helpful and friendly. There were snacks and cookies and breakfast in the morning. Wifi worked fine for my computer but was strangely not compatible with my Iphone.
There were no kids in the pool ever and the hotel appeared to be all business travelers.

Room Tip: Stay on opposite side of the freeway!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ventura County
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

All about the location. Great if you have business at Kohl's headquarters or other business in Menomonee Falls, not good if your travel is leisure or business in downtown Milwaukee. Not a very good area so no walks in the evening. Plenty of restaurants within 2 to 3 miles. Typical Hampton service which is good. I had boxes shipped in advance and they were waiting for me in my pre-assigned room. Very rare! Rooms and common areas were very clean and smelled fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side (away from the highway).
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel is in the worst part of Milwaukee possible, if you plan on going downtown you have to drive right through the ghetto. Not to mention it is located directly across from a strip club. The hotel smell is awful, its like walking through a sewer! Customer service sucks. Maintenance doesn't really know how to fix things. A/C was still leaking when we left. And, overall not worth your money. I seriously suggest you stay downtown. The pool is constantly crowded with kids, so don't even think about relaxing in the hot tub. Hair in our bed, and most of the cable channels didn't work.
The only good thing about our stay was the restaurant Athens right next to Hampton Inn. Its amazing.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We weren't sure what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were nicely and modernly updated. We requested a king bed and that's what we received. The bed was comfy and all the bedding was clean. The bathroom had a nice granite countertop.

We could hear a lot of hallway noise, but there was a soccer tournament in town that weekend, so lots of families and kids were around.

The complimentary breakfast was nice to have, but there were a lot of kids and families that were all eating around the same time in the morning. It was difficult for the hotel staff to keep up with the stocking.

I would definately return to this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I normally stay at Hampton Inn but this is not a good one. Aware of the (noisy) highway on the west side of the building, I requested and got a room on the east side. The hotel and room was clean, but smell was overwhelming. The hallways and the room, bluntly put, reeked of cleaning agents in the carpets and walls. There was no mini-fridge in the room as I've come to expect at Hampton and I was told they aren't available at this hotel. I cancelled my stay and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Sherman, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

After I read reviews, I kind of expected the worst, but that was not the case. Is this in the most beautiful part of the city? Hardly. The expressway runs directly behind the building so ask for a room in the front. There is nothing too close to the hotel but a gas station. It is kind of desolate if you are looking around. The lot is well lit and I never felt afraid. The hotel itself was very nice and the bed gets an A+ for comfort. There was no fridge or microwave and the bathroom was just adequate. The front desk and cleaning staff were very nice. The breakfast area is an attempt but gets a D at best. The eggs were a bit overcooked and salty, the bagel was hard as a rock and the bread was freezer burned on the top. Stick with the Belgian waffles, fruit and yogurt. The attendant was super busy but helpful. The hotel was safe, clean and affordable. Perfect for a good night sleep, but don't expect much else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
pittzkraco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

This hotel surprised me. I arrived in Milwaukee a day early and another area hotel that I had reservations at was full. I needed a easy plan B and prefer Hamptons when I don't have the ability to research a location before hand.

I arrived at the hotel very tired and hungry and was met with a very nice staff that made me comfortable right away.

The complementary food items were very good, they had 3 kinds of chicken wings when I arrived and the breakfast was very good.

I used the pool while I was there and it was very clean and nice.

I almost canceled my reservations a the hotel I stayed at for the next 4 nights because I was taken care of so well at this Hampton, wish I had.

Room Tip: try to stay on the side oppisite the freeway
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!