“fancy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Northern MI
“fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel was very nice, clean and staff was friendly. The bathtub was super deep, room was nice, furniture was great. The lobby was beautiful and there was lots of room there. Wifi was only free in the lobby so I expected to see more people around there but it wasn't too busy. I don't usually pay this much for a hotel but it was a nice visit!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMilwaukee, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Mom2002 -

Thank you choosing to be our guest on your visit to Milwaukee. I am very glad that you did choose our hotel and that you enjoyed the experience very much. I hope you will think of the Hilton Milwaukee City Center when your travels bring you back to Milwaukee.

1,000 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Hancock, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

From the very first phone call to book a room, the staff was so friendly. I had to call back a few days later to change our reservation and happened to speak to the same person who remembered booking our room for me. The hotel is beautiful and historic and our room was super clean and comfortable. We ate at the cafe for dinner and the wait staff was friendly. An error was made on our bill which wasn't a big deal because they fixed it. We received a handwritten note with milk and cookies and stuffed animals for the kids delivered to our room as an apology. We were so impressed that they went above and beyond to rectify the situation. I look forward to staying at this hotel next year for the same event.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
soccermom2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor. All of our staff take great pride in the work they do and how they craft the experiences for our guests, particularly when something doesn't work out correctly. I'm so happy to see that you experienced this with your billing issue - which I'm very glad we were easily able to rectify for you.

Happy to read that the kids enjoyed the stuffed animals as well! We look forward to having you back next year!

Dustin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I can only say that the customer service at this hotel was extremely phenomenal! Even upon arrival (which was a little early), the staff was very hospitable and accommodating. Anytime I'm back in the area, I look forward to staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MrJayBee -

Thank you for the great review of the Hilton Milwaukee City Center and for choosing to be our guest on your trip. I very much appreciate hearing that when your travels bring you back to Milwaukee we will have the chance to welcome you back as our guest! We always try our best to accommodate early arrival when we have it available, I am glad you were able to take advantage of a few more hours in Milwaukee!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

we got a deal for winter weekends in between christmas and new years. This was beautiful luxury hotel with spacious room and comfortable beds. They have pretty good restaurants one of which is very formal and expensive but other one was more like sports bar and had usual american pub menu. Breakfast buffet had lot of options including freshly made omlettes. I would recommend parking in nearby public parking garages as this hotel doesn't provide free parking. They have one open parking lot in front of hotel that costs around $10 per day parking.

Room Tip: Park in nearby parking garages to save money on parking.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The bar area is also a restaurant. It has limited seating at the bar, in order to be seated at a table you have to have a reservation and order food. Not easy to get together with friends. The room was clean and comfortable. When checking in asked for a king room told none available, but the person right behind me was asked if he could upgrade to a king as there weren't enough double rooms???? First day on the job?????

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Good Day -

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and for completed the TripAdvisor review of our property. I am sorry that we could not accommodate your request for a King size bed and then appeared to give another guest a King size bed. I would greatly appreciate any further details you can share on your stay to ensure we do not repeat this occurrence.

I look forward to having the chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Milwaukee City Center!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This Hilton is a beautiful old, glorious hotel...reminding one that they are in Europe, rather than Milwaukee. Hotel staff was excellent and went above and beyond. As a Hilton Diamond member, they upgraded me to a King Executive room which was beautiful. There was a problem with my heating unit and the housekeeping staff immediately called for me and it was quickly repaired. The Housekeeping Director, Nadiene, personally came to my room to check on the progress, apologized for the inconvenience, and left me a handwritten card on my pillow with a little "comp" inside. While there was really no inconvenience...it was greatly appreciated. The only down side to this hotel is that the Hilton Honors lounge is closed on the weekend and when open, they charge for alcoholic drinks. I would highly recommend this hotel due to the quality of the hotel and it's location to great downtown restaurants like Mader's German Restaurant.

Room Tip: I had a corner King Executive room with 3 large windows. It was huge and very comfortable. Loved i...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Drapes would not close all the way. They were also very old and dirty. Spotlight on flagpole outside my window shown right into my room all night. You could also clearly hear conversations, coughing, bathroom noises, etc. from neighbors. All in all I slept terribly. The hotel is beautiful, staff are super friendly and the bar/restaurants are great, the rooms just need to be updated terribly!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Heididydee -

Thank you for choosing to be our guest on your recent visit to Milwaukee. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you faced as our guest. Our Hotel does feature black out drapes which are behind our decorative yellow curtains. I am very sorry that we were unable to assist with the issue regarding the curtains.

Thank you for bringing the issue with the curtains to our attention. I look forward to having the chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Milwaukee City Center.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hilton Milwaukee City Center? Share your experiences!