“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just had a 1 nite stay for Summerfest. The location is walkable or a shuttle to the fest grounds. Beds are comfortable. Staff is very friendly. Note that if you want a receipt you have to ask as they said they are now paperless. The room temp is controlled in the room and highlight that good soundproofing not hearing much noise on a full fest weekend. Small bathrm only disappointment.

Room Tip: We used Self park across the street which is $6 per calendar day.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Downers Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Very comfortable room, although the bathrooms were a bit small. Enjoyed both the bar and the buffet breakfast. About a 30 minute walk from Summerfest. A lot of parking close by (for a fee).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for a convention this weekend and the hotel was very nice. We had a Roaring 20's theme night and this hotel really fit the feel of the time. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are smaller. The room we had included a huge walk in closet but some of our teammates had tiny closets and tiny bathrooms. We could hear everyone through the walls but it was laughter which was a great thing to hear from teammates but I am sure on a romantic weekend; not so much. The staff was very kind and accomadating. We used the shuttle numerous times and they were patient and kind to us Texans.

Room Tip: Choose one on a corner if you need a bigger closet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has great vintage appearance. The staircase from the lower lobby to the actual lobby (reception) is great.

The staff is super friendly. The room is very small but decorated well. I think I've got the single room with one full size bed. This room is definitely for either one or two adults only.

The decord of the room makes the room work great. I really liked the headboard which it stood up as soon as entered the room.

The room had plugs everywhere so that was a big plus. The big draw back was the less than paper thin walls. I can hear clear conversations everywhere. The people outside were not even yelling. I can hear even the plumbing. Wow! Every single noise.

I'm not quite sure if the noise problem was for this room only.

Everything else was great!

• Stayed July 2013
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello CecibelB!
Thank you for the review of 4 out of 5 stars! We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with important feedback regarding both the great staff interactions as well as the noise challenge you experienced in your guest room. Our Engineering team inspects our guest room doors and corridors continually to find new and innovative ways of limiting noise created in our Historic Hotel. We were pleased to have you as our guest and look forward to a future visit!
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I want to give Brittany at your front desk great praise! I've been in the hotel business myself for 17+ years and you are lucky to have her! She is a gem! I know how hard it is to work in a hotel. Congrats on a great associate! Tonight I came extremely close to being hit by a car in the crosswalk and when I walked into the hotel I was freaked out! I went to the bathroom to get my head straight. I realized I had dropped my hotel key. When I went to the front desk to get a new one - she noticed I was distressed. She asked if she could get me anything, even a hug! Thank you Brittany for taking care of me! #Mpower2013

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Beds at this hotel are extremely comfortable! Can't believe you had to pay for internet service-Ridiculous at this price point. Easy access around the city. I was shocked to see a drug deal go down right in front of the hotel revolving doors.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tripadvisor Member:
Thank you for posting your review and for staying with us at the Hilton Milwaukee. It is great to hear that your bed was comfortable and provided you with a great nights rest. Our internet access (like many Full Service hotels) is at a cost in your guest room. We do however provide our guests with access in all public areas and within both of our business centers. Complimentary printing capabilities are also available 24-hours a day if the need should arise. In reference to what you believe you saw take place in-front of the hotels front entrance I can only state that both our 24-hour security team as well as our Front Doorman ensure each day that our guests are provided with a secure and protected environment to relax and enjoy their experience in. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit to Milwaukee and thank you again for the review.
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is centrally located. Able to walk to art museum on the lake. Harley Davison was also a 10 min walk. a variety of attractions from breweries to mansions. Rooms clean, bed was comfortable. Meals were a little expensive,food was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family