“Great catering, ok rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast + WiFi Deal!
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Salt Lake City
“Great catering, ok rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night with a large group. The catered dinner was fabulous and our server was great.

The hotel is old, lots of Art Deco stuff, but the layout is confusing. The walls were very thin-I could hear my colleagues in the room next door crumple some paper as well as every conversation.

Room did have a fridge and coffee maker. Good location for an event at the theater. Neighborhood seemed sketchy and had a heavy police presence-since this was my 1st visit, I don't know if that is unusual or not.

Employees were scarce-the gift shop worker seemed annoyed at the line of customers wanting to buy souvenirs, although the concierge desk was helpful in pointing me to the Public Market.

Room was cleans enough for one night-although there were GIANT spiders outside my window (really scary big spiders...if I thought they were coming inside I could not have stayed on the room).

Wifi access from the room did not require a login, but it was slow access.

I probably wouldn't stay again, but it was a fine stay, just not worth the cost.

• Stayed June 2013
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Slc_singer- Thank you for staying with us. Although you had stated that your stay was just “fine” we were happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your companies’ banquet and found the staff at the Concierge desk to be pleasant. Our hotel gift store is operated by a third party vendor within the hotel; we have shared your concerns with members of their management staff as a way of preventing this service moving forward. If ever in Milwaukee again; I do hope you will consider giving our hotel another chance to showcase our award winning service and accommodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Restored city hotel that hould not be missed. Just spent the night, but was more than pleased. Anyone that has to be in Milwaukee needs to stay here.

Rooms were spacious and tasteful decorated. Bathrooms were a little small, but that was the style back then.

Good dining choices and bar areas. Stay there

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just spent the night at the Hilton City Center hotel this past weekend with my two adult children. We gathered here from 3 different cities over fathers day to enjoy each others company and explore Milwaukee.
It's a nice facility with all the amenities ! Just what you would expect from a downtown Hilton. Unfortunately, we had a terrible experience and felt the need to share.

When I awoke in my bed on fathers day in Room 1904 the back of my cafes were itching, I didn't think much of it until I got up and saw tiny little ants all over my bed. I yelled, OH God ! Wondering how many were on me or in me. My son grabbed my cell phone in disbelief and took a video of these ants spreading them selves all over my bed.

As the morning went on, it became less of a big deal in my head, I had a cup of Java, took a shower, on with the day. While we were checking out of the hotel my son suggested I mention our experience to the staff, I did, and they seemed very concerned and asked me to please wait while they got the manager.

As the manager walked from the back room, he looked at me and said, " Sounds like you had an interesting experience last night ". My response was "not hardly" and proceeded to tell him the story.
His response ... " Hmm... I never heard that one before". I was puzzled by his words and asked " would like to see the video ". His response was... " No that's not necessary, I will go to your room and see for myself, give me your cell # and I will call you ". I thought to myself why does he want to call me ? This is the time you say, I'm so very sorry about your experience. Then I say... That's OK , I thought you would want to know Mr. Manager and we go on our way.

We did go on our way... Off to enjoy a long leisurely breakfast and discussed with each other how poorly the manager handled the situation. I began to wonder what he might say when he called, but I never heard from him.
Two hours later we walk back to the City Center hotel to pick up our car. With curiosity high, I said hello to the front desk and mentioned that the manager had not called me as he said he would. They apologized, took my phone number again, just in case he lost it, but again...I never heard from this young manager at all... Tempting me to upload this disgusting video for all to see !

It makes me wonder, how such basic apologetic behavior (which you would expect from a $80.00 a night hotel not to mention a $200 a night hotel) could be missing... It also makes me think... Who trains these guys and how does a guy like this become the manager of such a nice hotel ? Not at any time, did any one person say they were sorry for my ant biting experience.

Jim Savage - Grand Rapids, Michigan

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Savage;
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for what we hoped was a fun and memorable Fathers Day Weekend. I want to apologize that your interactions with our management team was anything less then outstanding. While we strive for perfection; we often like to investigate any challenge to ensure that we are able to remedy the issue appropriately and with the correct response. While I understand you do not often travel to Milwaukee; I do hope that our gesture of offering a credit for use at any Hilton Hotel will make up for the ill response and reaction by our team. We sincerely apologize and appreciate your honest feedback.
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently attended the Milwaukee Indy fest and this was the "Official Hotel" of the race. We reserved the superior king with a request for a lake view, from the moment we pulled up to the front door we were greeted by a smile and helpful friendly staff. The room was clean, comfortable and all of our requests were taken care of promptly and with courtesy. The hotel shuttle provided transportation to and from the race. We ate supper after the race @ the Chop House which is attached to the hotel and had a wonderful meal with HUGE portions, our server Megan was outstanding! Thanks everyone for a fun weekend we'll be back next year.

Room Tip: The "Lake view" room was an added bonus. We watched the fireworks from the Polish fest fro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Channahon, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First room we stayed in air conditioner was real loud, switched after first night to get a King size bed, and room was nicer, however toilet leaked constantly. Nice location close to many attractions and restaurants. Also a $24 dollar a day parking added on to the $209 a night - just a bit expensive for the quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear bdanieles1968: First I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Milwaukee. I want to apologize that you had to move rooms due to an air conditioner challenge, but; I am happy that you found our hotels' location to be one in which you could enjoy all of what Milwaukee has to offer. The parking charge of $24 a night is comparable to other area hotels given our location within the city. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Milwaukee and thank you again for your feedback.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel reminded me of another Hilton in Cincinnati, Ohio because of the decor. It was very beautiful and ornate. This hotel is older, remodeled. I didn't eat in any of the restaurants as there were plenty of places within walking distance. The only complaintu had is that its not short people friendly. The towel hook in the bathroom was at the very top of the door which was very unusual, the peep hole in the door was very high up too, so was the iron cradle. Other than that it was clean. Bathroom small

• Stayed June 2013
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

A great place to stay that made the Bead and Button Convention all the more enjoyable. Comfortable rooms, great location, and friendly, helpful staff. The only caveat is that the rooms with 2 beds have double beds - not queen size beds, so may be a tighter fit for 4 adults in a single room used to sleeping in Queen or King size beds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends