“Solid Hilton in downtown Milwaukee” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee
“Solid Hilton in downtown Milwaukee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at this Hilton for one night and overall I was satisfied. While the hotel is quite old, the Hilton has done a good job of updating the facility, in particular the rooms. The room I had contained nice colors and tones and was of sufficient size. The building contains a lot of facilities including a Starbucks as well as Miller Time pub which seemed from the outside a pretty cool place.
Overall it was a good stay with Hilton level quality to the rooms and facility.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Claremont, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hotel staff were terrific the Pub was really a lot of fun our waitress jessica was the best ever we even invited her to come visit California our whole group loved her.
The Hotel was very old and had been updated except for the plumbing and air it was all so noisy the housekeeping staff his name was Sol was really attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for staying with us. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as this is an area we are actively examining. As with any historic property, we are constantly working at updating our infrastructure.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Dustin
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a remodeled older hotel, meaning the rooms and bathrooms are smaller. The rooms are very nicely decorated and clean which you expect at Hilton. The hotel has computers in the lounge for your use (free). One floor below the lobby there is a Starbucks, another bar and a restaurant. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a parking ramp connected to the hotel.

Phoenix,AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for eight nights, on business. Originally booked a "deluxe" king room, but found upon check in that it had no closet and a cramped bath. I understand that this is an older hotel, but the description of the rooms should be more accurate. Went to front desk and was given a room on a lower floor which was supposed to be a "cheaper" room, but was far better suited to living in the space for an extended period of time. Again the staff at the hotel, were accommodating and helpful. My wife and I bought a pizza one night and were able to get into the executive lounge (I'm a Hilton Diamond member) without any hassle at all. The evening and breakfast staff in the lounge were great.

Hi Cacheville,

Thanks for taking the time to share a review here on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. As you noted, due to our unique property history, the sizes of our rooms varies more than the standard hotel. Please accept our apologies that the size and layout of your first room wasn't to your liking - but I'm happy to hear that our staff were able to accommodate you to your liking.

We plan on looking into ways we might be able to more aptly describe our room layouts to guests prior to booking to help prevent similar experiences in the future.

Overall however, it sounds like your experience was very positive - for that I am grateful, and hope that we have the privilege of hosting you again in the future.

Dustin Zick
GDL JAL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice experience to stay there, the HUMAN-WARE IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER MET. they really teke care of you, since you enter you feel yourself welcome, any need is satisfied. I was assigned a room that it´s A/C was noisy and they changed my location speedy in a manner that i did not noticed the change. The lobby is nice and the restaurant has a very good options menu.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The concierge lounge was good. Trying to find other good things to say. Oh, the location was not bad. Other than that, the hotel has seen better days. Could use a facelift in the rooms, faster elevators, and easier ways to find the exit (thank goodness there weren't any fire issues)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear GuyFromPasadena; Thank you for your honest feedback and concerns. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and apologize that your experience was anything less than perfect. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back as a guest in the future.
Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I decided to write a review after reading many of them on here. I have stayed at this hotel MANY times over the last few years. The hotel service has gotten better.
They have a new lounge/bar on the second floor which is very nice. Service staff was quick and attentive.
Couple things about the rooms, because it is an older hotel, there are MANY different size/layouts of the rooms. Some bathrooms are SUPER small, others are acceptable. I mainly stay in the old tower section because I like rooms on high floors. I have stayed in the presidential, governors, parlors and regular rooms. The hotel is old elegant and I am usually pleased.
Like I said, I have stayed here many times, I am a gold member and rarely ever get on the top 4 floors which I find odd, though I have been upgraded to the specialty suites because of being a gold member but it's only happened twice out of the 20+ times I've stayed here. The executive lounge breakfast has the exact same thing every morning. . sausage, bacon, eggs, oatmeal, and potatoes along with all the pastries and cereals. I do appreciate the ability for the host/hostess to get me some french toast when its not busy and I'm in the mood for something different. . .but sometimes I can see it on their faces that it's a hassle.
Also, the water park that is attached to it seems to be a place where you can bring your kids and not watch them. Hotel guests are allowed access to the hot tub in the water park area, but don't plan on enjoying it, every time I've gone down there I get a bunch of young kids splashing in the hot tub with the parents nowhere around. And when the life guards take a break and everyone has to get out of the pool, ALL the kids hop into the hot tub.
Parking is $24 a night which I think is kinda pricey for Milwaukee, but the ramp is attached to the hotel and convenient.
parking tip: during the nice weekends, Ive parked across the street from the hotel for less.

Room Tip: If you absolutely cant stand your mini bathroom, ask to see if they can move you to a different room...