I decided to write a review after reading many of them on here. I have stayed at this hotel MANY times over the last few years. The hotel service has gotten better.
They have a new lounge/bar on the second floor which is very nice. Service staff was quick and attentive.
Couple things about the rooms, because it is an older hotel, there are MANY different size/layouts of the rooms. Some bathrooms are SUPER small, others are acceptable. I mainly stay in the old tower section because I like rooms on high floors. I have stayed in the presidential, governors, parlors and regular rooms. The hotel is old elegant and I am usually pleased.
Like I said, I have stayed here many times, I am a gold member and rarely ever get on the top 4 floors which I find odd, though I have been upgraded to the specialty suites because of being a gold member but it's only happened twice out of the 20+ times I've stayed here. The executive lounge breakfast has the exact same thing every morning. . sausage, bacon, eggs, oatmeal, and potatoes along with all the pastries and cereals. I do appreciate the ability for the host/hostess to get me some french toast when its not busy and I'm in the mood for something different. . .but sometimes I can see it on their faces that it's a hassle.
Also, the water park that is attached to it seems to be a place where you can bring your kids and not watch them. Hotel guests are allowed access to the hot tub in the water park area, but don't plan on enjoying it, every time I've gone down there I get a bunch of young kids splashing in the hot tub with the parents nowhere around. And when the life guards take a break and everyone has to get out of the pool, ALL the kids hop into the hot tub.
Parking is $24 a night which I think is kinda pricey for Milwaukee, but the ramp is attached to the hotel and convenient.
parking tip: during the nice weekends, Ive parked across the street from the hotel for less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant, historic hotel is a landmark in downtown Milwaukee. Recently renovated guest rooms and suites provide modern comforts. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Wisconsin Center and is in the middle of thriving downtown shopping, eating and theater areas. All of Milwaukee's great attractions are minutes away including Miller Park, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson Museum and Discovery World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Hilton Milwaukee City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee Hilton