“An Excellent Stay in Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #11 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Edison, United States
“An Excellent Stay in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I’m enjoying my stay at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center in downtown Milwaukee. The bell captain’s team was at the ready and greeted me warmly when I pulled up in my cab. (It was just a quick 30 miles from the airport) And the lovely lady at the front desk recommended award winning dining at the Milwaukee Steakhouse, so I made a mental to know to give them a try. So far the start of trip has been great. And my room was spotless so I have to make sure my maid Maritza is tipped accordingly.

979 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton May 5-9. We've stayed there many times before but this time we noticed a complete lack of attention to our concerns. For example:

Our lock box stopped working. Had to call twice to get someone to bring batteries. Batteries didn't do it so they were going to replace the front of it the next morning. Never did.

Called twice about our toilet leaking. They apparently don't care if your toilet leaks - no one came to fix it.

Mold issue in the shower - not good.

We did enjoy the two restaurants in the building and the bellmen were always helpful. It is a beautiful old hotel but needs some TLC and general maintenance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear 15degrees: Thank you for staying with us on your May visit to Milwaukee! I want to apologize for the challenges that you encountered in your guest room. I have shared your comments with our Management team to ensure that these types of concerns no longer occur. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the dining options as well as the interactions with our Front Service Team. I look forward to having you back as a guest in the future.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed in this hotel twice. It is very beautiful and the accommodations are very nice. The location is so convenient for downtown activities. She is 8 and loves the fancy decor of the lobby and the quality of the room service. The staff is incredibly thoughtful and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton in downtown Milwaukee based on the recommendation of my business host, who said it was something to be experienced. It was wonderful. I did not expect the old-style decor and basic grandeur of the lobby and was concerned because I have had many disappointing experiences at hotels with stunning lobbies. The women at check-in were helpful not only in making sure I got a room that met my needs but in orienting me within the city, giving me good guidance about how to get around without a car. I needed help with directions and a restaurant recommendation and other front desk and bell staff were impeccably helpful whenever I needed them.

The room I was given was on a high floor with a great view of the city. Some people have commented about the rooms at this hotel being small; my room was good sized, and large enough for me to exercise in the morning. I heard no noise from the hallways and got a great night's sleep.

I did not use any of the hotel's food or other facilities so my comments and ratings are limited to the room itself and the staff I interacted with, but based on these, I'd definitely return to this hotel when I return to Milwaukee.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here one night for work and thought the location was great as was the service and rooms. I am diamond member and I walked by the lounge which looked nice and looking forward to my next visit. Nice decor, good size room and bathroom.

Davison, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a good location. Very clean and the staff was great. It has a very nice restaurant, sports bar/restaurant, and Starbucks. The beer cheddar soup in the sports bar is great! My only complaint would be that the rates are a little high.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very nice hotel, great staff, clean, very beautiful building. The only thing lacking is a pool since the waterpark shut down. Very comfortable bed and good conveniences in the hotel. Great downtown location. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Milwaukee City Center? Share your experiences!