“Great for Families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Western Springs, Illinois
“Great for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is the second time my family and I stayed here and both were excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and updated. Price-wise, reasonable and competitive to others in Milwaukee.

What makes this hotel great for families is the fact that it's quiet enough where you don't hear other families. Nothing is worse than going to a hotel where it's kiddy anarchy. The environment seems to project a responsible family atmosphere. Moreover, the staff was accommodating when it came to helping us find a restaurant for dinner that was kid friendly and churches to attend. I'd rate the staff as very helpful and knowledgeable.

I would also stay here if my wife and I wanted a getaway to Milwaukee - it's a versatile hotel.

One of the main attractions of this hotel is the water park, but as of early March the area will be repurposed into something else. Not sure what but it was a big reason why we like staying at this hotel.

Restaurants connected to the hotel are nice (though pricey in some respects). The lounge is a great place to have a drink and relax.

I highly recommend this hotel for its location in the city, friendly staff, and pro-family attitude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Clean rooms, courteous staff, and I was allowed a very early check in which was a wonderful perk. Good in-room food service. Decent fitness room, lots of equipment, but it was 90 degrees in there. Little to no privacy between rooms. Could hear all conversations, etc. The location is great for the convention center - I never had to go outside in the winter cold. I could take the elevator to 4th floor and use the sky walk to access the conference. It is also near a shopping center. The steakhouse was good - great service, good food. The Miller Time restaurant was disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Because of this hotel I REALLY want to vacation in Milwaukee. I know what you are thinking, Vacation in Milwaukee? I was there for business but the downtown area had tons of old architecture and this hotel was a gem. Everything was either original or replicated to look like it was from the 1920s. The rooms were clean and gorgeous and super comfy. The food at the hotel was amazing. I am truly looking forward to going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gurnee, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were staying in Milwaukee for the weekend while visiting family. I had never stayed at the Hilton and expected it to be a wonderful experience. I must admit when checking in the staff was wonderful and when I called the front desk with questions they were very helpful. Our room was average and the bathroom seemed quite small. The beds were very comfortable! We had our 3 children with us and they were so bored. The "water park" (ha) was terrible, literally falling apart!! I was disgusted that we were forced to pay $50 extra to use the pool and it was a joke! I've frequented average hotels and left feeling better than when I left The Hilton. I don't suggest staying here with family, great if it's just for business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear 2829ej
Thank you for your response and all of the wonderful comments about our service staff. I want to apologize that our Waterpark was not up to the standards of what you should expect from Hilton Hotels. The City of Milwaukee has many fun and exciting adventures for families to partake in throughout the entire year. Our Concierge staff is constantly looking for new opportunities and adventures throughout the city that they can recommend to our guests to offer the true experience that our guests’ are looking for. I want to thank you for your comments and look forward to having you back!
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a nice weekend getaway. The hotel overall is nice and has great location. The saff was very friendly but not really helpful. The room was clean however we found some bugs in our room. After reporting it to the Front Desk we were very suprised that there were not reaction to our issue. We were very disappointed and we are not sure if we will be back to that location.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

When I stay in downtown Milwaukee, the only hotel I consider is the Hilton. I have stayed here several times and always come back. In the heart of downtown Milwaukee, but there is plenty to do in the hotel with several restaurants and a new bar area in the gorgeous lobby.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the staff was so friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and very nice, but the bathroom was a bit small and hard to move around in.

We saw a sign for the Monarch Lounge happy hour and decided to stop by. Draft beer for $3 and you could get Lakefront IPA! Half priced appetizers which were excellent as well. I am pregnant and the bartender made me a wonderful fruit juice drink so I did not feel left out. The bartender was the nicest college student who made us feel welcome and helped us plan our evening.

At 4am I woke up with heartburn and not feeling well as it was warm in the room (like I said, 8 and a half months pregnant!). My husband and I could not find sprite in the vending machine and went to the front desk. They went and found me sprite and did not charge me for the inconvenience! They said if I did not feel better or needed more to call and they would bring it up ASAP. It was so wonderful for them to go out of their way to help me! Beyond their job description!

Great stay and a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear KP10911,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay here at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. I'm happy to hear that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one due to the diligence and attentiveness of our associate staff. This is exactly the kind of service we train for as an organization - providing memorable and positive experiences for all of our guests. So I'm glad that we were able to help you with your late-night discomforts, and that our bartender in the Monarch helped you and your husband plan out of your evening.

And of course we have Lakefront! We're in Milwaukee, we do our best to mix both national and local offerings.

Thanks again,

Dustin Zick

Been to Hilton Milwaukee City Center? Share your experiences!