My husband and I traveled to Milwaukee for the first time at the end of May 2012. The purpose of the trip was a romantic weekend getaway for our first wedding anniversary. We REALLY wanted to stay at the Pfister Hotel since it has good ratings on TripAdvisor and it has been personally recommended to me, but it was completely booked a couple weeks in advance. Apparently there were multiple graduations happening the weekend we visited Milwaukee (it looked like both high school and college graduations), so all hotels booked up really quickly. I was very disappointed that we wouldn't be staying at the historic Pfister but tried to keep an open mind about the Hilton.
The lobby of the Hilton is beautiful - huge chandeliers, sweeping staircases, etc. We were also able to park directly across the street in a 24-hour parking lot that wasn't even half full, which was a convenient surprise. I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was only a few dollars for every 24 hours. I think the Hilton has valet parking, but it doesn't make much sense to use it since the lot is directly across the street.
The room was clean but nothing special. It did not have a mini bar, the bathroom was small but nice (but didn't have a fan), and the air-conditioning wasn't that great. Also, the restaurant where you can order breakfast was nothing special and not particularly great. On the plus side, the hotel is situated close to the River Walk, and within walking distance to all of the lakefront attractions.
Don't stay here if we're looking for nice little "extra" touches for a special occasion. Otherwise, it's definitely passable for a night or two in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant, historic hotel is a landmark in downtown Milwaukee. Recently renovated guest rooms and suites provide modern comforts. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Wisconsin Center and is in the middle of thriving downtown shopping, eating and theater areas. All of Milwaukee's great attractions are minutes away including Miller Park, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson Museum and Discovery World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Milwaukee City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee Hilton